Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 6PR account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 6PR content and other benefits.


Joining is easy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

The deadly practice of charging a phone on the bed

The Department of Fire and Emergency services are now offering up a Virtual Reality experience to show people the very real dangers of a house fire.

The footage begins in a lounge room where a faulty phone charger sparks a fire which soon engulfs the property. New figures show the number of fires started by devices left to charge on beds, sofas and other fabrics, more than doubled from eight in 2017-18 to seventeen last financial year.

DFES Deputy Commissioner Craig Waters told Oliver Peterson July and August are the worst months for house fires in the country so they are encouraging people to charge devices on hard surfaces.

 

People will be able to try out the VR experience at the DFES Education and Heritage centre in the Perth CBD.

Download this podcast here

Advertisement