Bayswater fire sparks warning to residents
Fire fighters remain in Bayswater after a blaze broke out at a waste recycling facility.
Crews were called to the business on Clune Street around 10pm last night. The fire is now contained and controlled, and emergency services are mopping up.
As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off. Residents north to Ellenbrook are being warned of smoke and anyone with respiratory conditions is advised to remain cautious.
6PR reporter Mitch Turner is on the scene, telling Mark Gibson firefighters say the smoke isn’t toxic.
“Firefighters have done tests on the smoke and it isn’t toxic or hazardous.”
Smoke is expected to linger throughout the day.