Tool of the Week full terms and conditions
Tool of the Week Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
|Promotion:||Tool of the Week|
|Promoter:||Radio 6PR Perth Pty Limited ABN 64 008 829 927, Level 1, 169 Hay Street, East Perth, WA 6004, Australia. Ph: 0892201572|
|Promotional Period:||Start date: 20/07/18 at 05:00 am AWST
End date: 23/11/18 at 08:30 am AWST
|Eligible entrants:||Entry is only open to WA residents who are 18 years and over.|
|How to Enter:||People will be invited to call the 6PR radio talkback line during the Tool of the Week segment conducted each Friday during the Promotional Period. To enter the Promotion, the entrant must phone 6PRs talkback line on 08 9221 1882 during the Tool of the Week segment and nominate their Tool of the Week and why.
The Promoter has the right to record and re-broadcast any ‘The Tool of the Week’ nominations.
|Weekly Prize Winner Determination:||There will be one (1) winner for each Week of the Promotional Period (i.e. each Friday of the Promotional Period) for a total of 19 weeks.
The host/s of the breakfast show will judge entries. The most interesting or humorous the tool of the week entry for each Week, as determined by the host/s, will be deemed a Weekly Prize Winner. Weekly Prize winners will each receive a $200 VISA gift card.
|Entries permitted:||Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) Weekly Prize. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.|
|Major Winner Determination:||All Weekly Prize Winners will be invited to attend a Game Event at Gemmill Homes, 22 Hasler Road, Osborne Park WA 6017 on 30/11/18 at 07:00 am AWST where the Major Prize winner will be determined. If a winner is unavailable to attend the Game Event they may nominate a proxy aged 18 years or over to attend the Game Event on their behalf by providing signed written notice to the Promoter by the time specified by the Promoter. If a Weekly Prize Winner (or their nominated proxy) does not attend the Game Event or a Weekly Prize Winner fails to validly nominate a proxy, they will forfeit any right to the Major Prize. All costs associated with attending the Game Event will be the responsibility of the Weekly Prize Winner.
Each Weekly Prize Winner or their nominated proxy (each a “Participant”) will take it in turn to select a key from the keys on display at the Game Event. There will be one (1) key only available to select by each Participant. Only one (1) key available to be selected will relate to the Major Prize – all other keys will be non-winning keys. The Participant must choose only one (1) key without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other keys on display. Once a key is selected it cannot be returned. If a Participant is found to have breached these conditions, he/she may be disqualified. The Participants will then use the key selected to attempt to open the box on display. Participants will select a key and attempt to unlock the box on display in the order in which they/or the Weekly Winner they are playing on behalf of, were determined a Weekly Winner (e.g. Week 1 winner will have first attempt). If a Participant successfully opens the box on display at the Event they will, subject to verifications by the judges, win the Major Prize (or if a proxy, the Weekly Prize Winner they are playing on behalf of will win the Major Prize). The Game Event will end once the box is opened and no further keys will be tried.
|Prize Conditions:||· No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified.
· Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher/gift card are not included. Any unused balance of a voucher/gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher/gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher/gift card.
· The Major Prize winner must provide their bank account details to the Promoter if electronic funds transfer (EFT) of prize money option is selected.
|Winner notification:||The winners will be contacted by phone if they have won the Minor Prize. The Major Prize winner will be announced on air on the date of the Game Event. The Major Prize winner will also receive a letter confirming their prize from the Promoter and their name and suburb will also be published on 6PR.com.au for a minimum of 28 days.|
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.