Scarboro Toyota Rumour File T&Cs
Scarboro Toyota Rumour File Promotion Terms and Conditions
By entering into the draw to win the Prize, you (Entrant) acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions, as well as the radio station’s general conditions of entry, as amended from time to time.
|1. Promotion||Scarboro Toyota Rumour File|
|2. Promoter||Radio 6PR Perth Pty Ltd ABN 64 008 829 927, Level 1, 169 Hay Street, East Perth, WA 6004, Australia.
|3. Promotional Period||Open Date: 14 January 2019 at 12:01am Perth time|
|Close Date: 14 July 2019 at 8:30am Perth time|
|4. Entry Restrictions||Entrants must be:
· at least 18 years of age;
· residents of Western Australia
Entrants must not be the employees (or their immediate family members) of:
· The Promoter and its related bodies corporate; or
· The Prize Provider and its related bodies corporate.
|5. Entry Procedure||To be entered into Promotion, Entrants must complete one or more of the following methods, during the Promotional Period (Entry):
1. Email Entry: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Rumour File”, outlining the rumour in the body of the email and include the Entrant’s phone number. The Entrant may be called by 6PR regarding the rumour submitted; OR
2. Phone Entry: phone 6PR’s talkback line on 08 9221 1882 (cost of local call) between the hours of 5:00am and 8:30am Perth time Monday – Friday and be put through to air as a contributor to 3AW’s Breakfast Program weekday ‘Rumour File’ segment and provide the rumour over the phone.
6PR Perth may broadcast select entrants’ Entries on air during a 6PR broadcast. Persons who enter agree and consent to the recording and broadcasting of their Entry and voice on 6PR.
|6. Selection and Notification Process||Minor Prize Winner Selection
· At the end of each week (Monday-Sunday) of the Promotional Period, the Promoter will select the Entry of the week that best reflects the theme of the competition and the potential for on air interest (Judging Criteria);
· The Entrant who submitted the Entry selected will be the winner of the Minor Prize for that week (Minor Prize Winner).
· The Minor Prize is $500 cash.
· All Minor Prize Winners will be announced on air on 6PR at the end of each week of the Promotion and contacted via phone using the details provided to the Promoter at the time of entry.
Wildcard Entrants Determination
· The Promoter may, in their absolute discretion select additional ‘wildcard’ entrants throughout the Promotional Period, from those who submitted an Entry which becomes true (Wildcard Entrants).
· Wildcard Entrants will be included in the Major Prize Draw.
· Wildcard Entrants will be contacted via phone using the details provided to the Promoter at the time of entry and may be announced on air on 6PR.
All Minor Prize Winners and Wildcard Entrants will be entered into the Major Prize Draw.
|7. Major Prize Draw Process||Major Prize Draw Process:
· The Major Prize Draw will take place at the Major Prize Draw Location on the Major Prize Draw Time and Date;
· The names of all Minor Prize Winners and Wildcard Entrants will be printed onto paper and put into a barrel;
· The Promoter, or a person nominated by the Promoter, will then select one name at random from the barrel;
· The name drawn will be announced live on air during the Breakfast with Steve Mills and Basil Zempilas show as 6PR 882 radio broadcasts live from the Prize Draw Location;
· All Minor Prize Winners and Wildcard Entrants must be present, in person at the Prize Draw Location on the Prize Draw Date at the Prize Draw Time to claim the Prize (Entrants cannot nominate a proxy to attend on their behalf) and must present their driver’s licence to confirm their eligibility to win;
· From the time that the name on the drawn Entry is announced live on air, there will be a four (4) minute waiting period for the named Entrant to present themselves in person to the Promoter at the Prize Draw Location to claim the Major Prize; and
· If the named Entrant does not present themselves in person to claim the Major Prize within the four (4) minute period, they are ineligible to win the Major Prize and their Entry will be discarded and the Redraw Process will be followed.
· Redraw Process: The Promoter will execute a redraw of another Entry from the barrel, using the same process described above, and again wait four (4) minutes for the next named Entrant to present themselves. This process will continue until a Major Prize Winner is found. The first valid Entry drawn in the Redraw Process will be determined the Major Prize Winner and win the Major Prize.
|8. Major Prize Draw Time and Location||Major Prize Draw Date: 15 July 2019
Major Prize Draw Time: (approx.)7:00am Perth time
Major Prize Draw Location: Scarboro Toyota, 297 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia.
|9. Maximum Entries per person||Entrants may submit more than one Entry throughout the Promotional Period. However, an Entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) Minor Prize and is eligible for a maximum of one (1) entry into the Major Prize Draw|
|10.Prize Provider||Scarboro Motors Pty Ltd (ABN ) of 297 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia.|
|12.Prize Restrictions||Minor Prize Conditions
· The Minor Prize will be direct debited into the Minor Prize Winner’s nominated bank account, this may take up to 6 weeks.
· The Minor Prize Winner must provide their bank account details to the Promoter when contacted by the Promoter in accordance with the Selection and Notification process above.
Major Prize Conditions
· The Major Prize Winner must inform the Promoter of the preferred vehicle (from the 2 options listed above) within 24-hours of winner notification.
· The colour of the vehicle awarded is at the discretion of Scarboro Toyota.
· The Major Prize Winner must collect the Major Prize from the Scarboro Toyota dealership and cannot nominate a proxy to attend on their behalf.
· Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner.
· If the Major Prize Winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the Major Prize Winner may assign the car to another person in writing (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the Major Prize Winner and any assignee.
· The Major Prize Winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Major Prize Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
|13.Notification of Major Prize Winner||· In addition to the Major Prize Draw Process outlined above, the Major Prize Winner will be announced on air on 6PR on Major Prize Draw Date.
· The Major Prize Winner will also receive a letter confirming their prize from the Promoter. This may be sent via email.
· The Major Prize Winner’s name and suburb will be published on 6PR.com.au and the 6PR Facebook Page within five (5) days of the Major Prize Draw Date, for a minimum of 28 days.
|14.Additional Terms||a. By entering the Promotion, the Entrant accepts and agrees:
i. to these terms and conditions; and
available on the Promoter’s website, and each of which may be amended from time to time by the Promoter (subject to the conditions of any permit).
c. Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air, online and via social media in relation to the Promotion.
d. Entrants may be required by the Promoter and Prize Provider to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
e. It is a condition of Entry that the Promoter and Prize Provider have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to enter, all Entrants consent to their Entry broadcast on air and to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and Prize Provider being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use.
f. Entrants warrant that all information provided in their Entry is correct for the purpose of the Promotion.
g. Entrants warrant that the content of the Entry is their own intellectual property and does not infringe copyright, trademark or other legal rights of any person and by entering this Promotion Entrants hereby assign, transfer and convey all current and future intellectual property rights, title and interest in their Entry, excluding the Entrants’ personal details, to the Promoter and agree to do all things reasonably necessary to give effect to such ownership and assignment (including but not limited to the signing of documents). Entrants will not be compensated for this assignment.
h. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win the Promotion.
i. The Promoter and its representatives may conduct security and verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
j. If an Entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion.
k. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems, congestion or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems, telecommunications congestion or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing Entrants from successfully participating in the Promotion.
l. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
m. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
n. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize is subject to any Prize Restrictions specified above. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these terms and conditions.
o. All Prizes and parts of the Prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on or by any dates specified in these terms and conditions and as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified.
p. Unless otherwise stipulated in this agreement, if the Prize must be used on a specific date (Expiry), and the Winner is unable to use it on that date, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter may draw a new winner in its absolute discretion on or before Expiry.
q. If a Winner fails to collect their Prize within 3 months (or as otherwise specified in these terms), the Winner forfeits any rights to the Prize and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, conduct a re-draw for the Prize or withdraw the Prize.
r. The Promoter and Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if, for any reason beyond their reasonable control, any element of any Prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those Prizes.
s. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
t. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including any Prize Provider, will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
u. The Entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s), for which the Promoter accepts no responsibility. If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
i. Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the Promotion and redeem a Prize; and
ii. Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion and redeem a Prize.
v. The Promoter and Prize Provider accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
w. If in the course of a telephone call related to participation or entry in the competition, the telephone line drops out or breaks up, the Station may proceed to another caller. In such event, the Station will not be required to award any Prize to the caller whose line dropped out or disconnected for any reason.
x. If a prize involves travel, any responsibility for travel requirements, such as passports, vaccinations, travel insurance and any incidentals relating to travel are the responsibility of the Winner.
y. You must not, in connection with this Promotion:
i. tamper with the entry process;
ii. engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of a competition;
iii. act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
iv. do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Station or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with a competition;
v. breach any law; or
vi. behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
z. If You or your entry are deemed by the Station to breach these Terms, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Station and its representatives may conduct security and ID verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine an Entrant’s eligibility to enter a competition and/or win a Prize. The Station may, at any time, require You to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.