WA residents urged to act on all electric shocks or tingles at home
A new public safety campaign is urging West Australians to immediately report any electric shocks or tingles felt at home.
The three-month campaign is a collaboration between the Department of Energy and Safety – Western Power and Horizon Power.
The Department’s Director of Energy Safety Saj Abdoolakhan told Gareth Parker on Mornings it’s apparent that many people feel shocks but don’t report it.
An 11-year-old girl was left with severe brain injuries after she suffered an electric shock from a garden tap at her public housing home in Beldon in 2018.
Download this podcast here