How can parents and grandparents tackle self harm?
Self harm may make no sense to many of us, but this issue affects families all over Perth, Australia and the world.
Michelle Mitchell is an educator, author, and speaker with years working with kids who self harm – she joins us on the show to talk about her book and how parents and grandparents can best help and support teens experiencing self-harm.
She answers questions like:
- Why does my child want to hurt themselves?
- Is self-harm about attention seeking?
- Why is self-harm so addictive?
- How do I manage their safety?
- How do I best take care of siblings and other family members?
- When is it necessary to seek support?
If you or someone you know needs help, they can contact:
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
Samaritans: 135 247
Download this podcast here