Astor Cruise Ship Terms and Conditions
Astor Cruise Ship Promotion Terms and Conditions
By entering into the draw to win the Prize, you (Entrant) acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions, as well as the radio station’s general conditions of entry, as amended from time to time.
|1. Promotion||Astor Cruise Ship Outside Broadcast|
|2. Promoter||Radio 6PR Perth Pty Ltd, 169 Hay Street, East Perth WA 6004, ABN 6400 882 9927|
|3. Promotional Period||Open Date: 15th January 2018|
|Close Date: 25th January 2018 @ 12pm|
|4. Entry Restrictions||Entrants must be:
· at least 18 years of age;
· residents of Western Australia
Entrants must not be the employees (or their immediate family members) of:
· Macquarie Media Operations and its related bodies corporate; or
· Bicton Travel and its related bodies corporate
· Maritime and Cruise Voyages and its related bodies corporate
|5. Entry Procedure||To be entered into Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
· Call 08 9221 1882 during 12pm- 3pm in Simon Beaumont’s Afternoons program; or
· Register online at www.6pr.com.au/competition
|6. Selection process||The Winner(s) of the Minor Prize will be determined by:
· The promoter will draw names at random from the combined callers to determine the 10 winners
· The promoter will draw names at random from the combined online entries to determine the 5 winners
The Winner of the Major Prize will be determined by:
· Allocating a raffle ticket to each Minor Prize winner in attendance at the Event described in Item 9 below;
· Combining the other half of each raffle ticket into a hat; and
· Drawing the Major Prize winner randomly from the hat, the winner being the person who has the other half of the raffle ticket.
|7. Maximum Entries per person||Maximum of one entry per Entrant|
|8. Prize Provider||Bicton Travel, Bicton Central 258 Canning Highway, Bicton WA 6157,
08 9339 0277
|9. Prize(s)||Minor Prize:
Number of Minor Prizes: 15 Minor Prizes
Minor Prize: Each winner and a guest of their choice will win a 4-course lunch with a glass of wine on 12 February 2018 on board the Astor, starting at 11am. (Event)
Simon from 6PR will be broadcasting live from the Event.
Prize value: $100pp = $3,000 for 30 people
One entrant will win:
A cruise for 2 people on the Bicton Travel Festive Weekend Cruise, departing Fremantle 8th December 2018 for 2 nights.
Cruise includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Prize value: $1,000
Total Prize Pool: $3,518
|10.Prize Restrictions||Minor Prize:
· The Minor Prize cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
· The Minor Prize winner must be available on the date of the Event – the date cannot be changed.
· The Minor Prize winner must attend in person in order to be in the running the Major Prize. The Minor Prize winner cannot nominate a proxy.
· The Minor Prize winner must present themselves within 4 minutes of their name or winning ticket being called in order to win the Major Prize.
· The Prize may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by the Prize Provider, including the mandatory requirement that the winner / persons taking the cruise must obtain travel insurance at their own cost.
· The winner must be able to attend the cruise on the above dates.
· Cruise excludes: Spa treatments, boutique purchases, beverages from the ships bar
· Gratuities are additional and payable at $10pp per night. This will be automatically added to your onboard account.
· Cannot be transferred to any other person.
· The itinerary cannot be altered or amended.
|11.Notification of Winners||The Winners will receive notification by email to the email address provided at the time of entry.
The Major Prize Winner will be notified on the day of the Astor Event. The Major Prize Winner will also receive notification by email to the email address provided at the time of entry.
The Winners name and suburb will also be published on www.6pr.com.au/competition
c. Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air, online and via social media in relation to the Promotion.
d. Entrants may be required by the Promoter and Prize Provider to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
e. It is a condition of Entry that the Promoter and Prize Provider have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to enter, all Entrants consent to their Entry broadcast on air and to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and Prize Provider being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use.
f. The Promoter and its representatives may conduct security and verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
g. If an Entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion.
h. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing Entrants from successfully participating in the Promotion.
i. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
j. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
k. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize is subject to any Prize Restrictions specified above. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these terms and conditions.
l. All Prizes and parts of the Prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on or by any dates specified in these terms and conditions and as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified.
m. Unless otherwise stipulated in this agreement, if the Prize must be used on a specific date (Expiry), and the Winner is unable to use it on that date, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter may draw a new winner in its absolute discretion on or before Expiry.
n. If a Winner fails to collect their Prize within 3 months (or as otherwise specified in these terms), the Winner forfeits any rights to the Prize and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, conduct a re-draw for the Prize or withdraw the Prize.
o. The Promoter and Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if, for any reason beyond their reasonable control, any element of any Prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those Prizes.
p. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
q. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including any Prize Provider, will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
r. The Entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s), for which the Promoter accepts no responsibility. If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
– Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the Promotion and redeem a Prize; and
– Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion and redeem a Prize.
s. The Promoter and Prize Provider accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.