The ‘no-bake’ lemon cheese cake and a favourite Salsa Verde pasta: Introducing Sunday Meal Prep with Caroline Taylor
Renowned Perth chef Caroline Taylor has joined the Weekend Brunch team to help and inspire you in the kitchen and plan for a busy week ahead.
Every Sunday at 11.30am Caroline will whet your appetite and give you the confidence you need to try a new recipe or two.
This week Caroline taught us to special Mother’s Day recipe’s her grandma’s ‘no-bake’ lemon cheese cake and her Mum’s favourite Salsa Verde pasta.
GRANDMAS LEMON CHEESECAKE
2 lemons zested and juiced
250g granita biscuits
1 can of condensed milk
melted butter for biscuit base
Process biscuits until ground completely
and add the melted butter to bind. Press
biscuit base into small springform cake tin.
Whip cream until firmish, not over whipped
but just before. Blend zest, juice and
condensed milk and set aside for 5 min in
Once it’s a bit thicker in consistency add the
lemon mixture to the cream and pour over
the biscuit base and set in the fridge
Gnudi’s with crispy free range chicken (A similar pasta-style dish – Gnudi’s are gnochhi with ricotta.)
2 tspn salt and pepper to season
1 tspn nutmeg
– Mix ricotta, parmesan, salt and pepper and nutmeg
– Roll into 20g ovals
– Roll in semolina and neatly lay out in a semolina filled tray, making sure the
gnudi’s don’t touch.
– Leave for 12 hours or overnight turning half way through
400g fresh parsley, flat or curly
200g fresh mint
100g fresh dill
½ cup lemon juice
1 tspn salt
3 cloves garlic
300ml olive oil
– Blitz all ingredients in a blender, except the olive oil, which you will add slowly
to control the thickness. You are looking for a bright green sauce that is thick
enough to coat the gnudis.
– Bring a tall stockpot filled with salted water to the boil
– Drop the gnudi’s in and let them rise to the top, This will take about 3 minutes, –
– Gently spoon them out with a slotted spoon, making sure to let any excess
water drain off and place into a metal bowl.
– Coat the gnudis with the salsa verde and some roasted cherry tomatoes then
place in a bowl.
– Add some crispy roasted chicken or crumbed chicken schnitzel and you’re
Download this podcast here