Taste of The West – David Proudmore Swan Valley Gourmet Fungi
This week on Taste of the West, owner of Swan Valley Gourmet Fungi, David Proudmore joined Michael and Sue on Weekend Breakfast. Swan Valley Gourmet Fungi is a small business based in the Perth hills.
David shared one of his favourite mushroom recipes.
Mixed Mushroom Bruschetta
150 grams mixed fresh local fungi the more variety the better
2 tablespoon Butter
I knob crushed garlic
1 sprig fresh thyme
Sour dough bread slices toasted with some olive oil.
1/3 finely chopped red onion
- Lightly toast 2 slices of sourdough bread in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- Melt the butter and garlic in the same pan and Saute on high until the garlic starts to turn brown on the edges.
- Tear all the mushrooms in to strips and toss in the pan stir through and coat in the garlic butter for 2 or three minute max
- Add the chopped onion and thyme stir through briefly until the onion is cooked.
- Turn onto the toasted sour dough and top with some crumbled feta
- Can be served for breakfast or as a starter at lunch or dinner .
Download this podcast here