Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 6PR account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 6PR content and other benefits.


Joining is free and easy.

You will soon need to register to keep streaming 6PR online. Register an account or skip for now to do it later.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Safety reminder after Swan View house fire sparked by heater near bedding

Now the wintery weather has arrived, we  being reminded to ensure items aren’t left too close to heaters following a house fire in Swan View.

A home went up in flames around 10 o’clock last night causing $250,000 damage.

It was sparked by bedding left too close to a heater.

Meanwhile, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services has launched a new guide in a bid to reduce the number of burns offs that escape from private land.

Almost 75 percent of all escaped burns in WA over the past three years have started on private properties.

DFES Commissioner Darren Klemm told Gareth Parker on Mornings the Burn SMART guide focuses on the actions landowners need to take before, during and after carrying out a burn.

 

Download this podcast here

Liam Bartlett
Advertisement