Put WA Pork on Your Fork
The WA pork industry has experienced one of the worst downturns in history. Over supply and overseas meat coming into WA is being blamed. Our locals farmers need our support leading into the festive season.
Today Karl O’Callaghan spoke to the General Manager of Linley Valley Pork, Peter Spackman about the importance of supporting local producers and how to know you’re buying West Australian pork.
Linley Valley Pork has given 6pr listeners a delicious pork bolognese recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 500g Linley Valley Pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 750g jar tomato passata sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- parmesan and basil leaves to serve
Heat oil in a non stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
Add pork mince and garlic, cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour.
Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in tomato passata and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens.
Download this podcast here