Dr Clay Golledge: Your COVID-19 questions answered
Infectious Disease Specialist at Hollywood Private Hospital Dr Clay Golledge says the hospital was “blindsided” by the State Government’s decision to potentially use Hollywood to care for COVID-19 positive cruise ship passengers.
Dr Golledge also answers your questions surrounding COVID-19 in WA.
Questions answered include:
- What are the alternatives to face masks?
- Should the elderly have been entirely quarantined?
- I have an appointment at Hollywood Hospital tomorrow, should I go?
- Why is COVID-19 worse than the flu? Why is there so much pandemonium?
- Should FIFO workers be taken extra precautions?
- Should we stop touching our face?
- Should the elderly let other family members come to dinner?
- How long does a face mask last?
Update from Hollywood hospital: No cruise ship passengers will be transferred to Hollywood Hospital today. The results won’t be in until later this evening and it is agreed a transfer at night is not ideal. However the hospital may take some stable transfers from public hospitals.
Download this podcast here