David Torre’s Easter Menu
Our favourite butcher David Torre from Torre Butcher joined us in studio today with his Easter menu – and lamb lovers will be very happy!
GREEK STYLE LAMB SHANKS
- Wash your six lamb shanks in cold water with fresh lemon juice.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, cumin, onion powder, paprika, garlic and salt.
- Place into a 200 degree oven for about 40 minutes to brown.
- Add 250ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice into a bowl, add oregano and olive oil.
Remove from oven and add the lemon juice/oregano mixture and loosely cover with foil and pop it back into the oven at 160 degrees for two hours.
RUSTIC LAMB LEG
- Score your leg of lamb at 10cm intervals
- Smear the leg with lots of olive oil. This is important as even though the lamb has its own fat, unless you smear it with oil, anything you season it with won’t adhere.
- Add 200g small black olives, 200g anchovies, two large bulbs of garlics, ten shallots, and 500ml of white wine to the pan.
- Place in the oven at 160 degrees for two hours. For the last hour add 250g of frozen peas.
Download this podcast here