Liberals want WA border closed to NSW
The WA Liberals want harder border restrictions for people coming from New South Wales similar to the restrictions in place for people coming from Victoria.
The opposition leader Liza Harvey had previously said WA should be open to South Australians and Northern Territorians, but now the Libs are going hard on the calls for borders as a break out occurred in New South Wales.
“These increased restrictions that have been applied to Victorians, we want them to be applied to people coming from New South Wales as well and that’s because there’s a growing cluster in New South Wales and that’s a massive concern for the Government over there,” Liberal Member for Dawesville, Zac Kirkup, told 6PR Breakfast.
The restrictions for people coming to WA from Victoria are:
No one will be allowed into Western Australia if they have been in Victoria in the previous 14 days, unless they meet new exemption requirements:
- certain senior Government Officials
- certain active military personnel
- a member of the Commonwealth Parliament or their staff
- a person carrying out functions under a law of the Commonwealth
- a person coming to WA at the request of the Chief Health Officer
- a person responsible for transport freight or logistics
Click PLAY to hear the full discussion.