‘Fried rice syndrome’: Microbiologist explains deadly poisoning
A condition dubbed “fried rice syndrome” has caused some panic online in recent days, after the case of a 20-year-old who died in 2008 resurfaced on TikTok.
The story identifies the risk when cooked food is left at room temperature for too long.
Professor of Microbiology at Swinburne University of Technology Enzo Palombo joined Julie-anne Sprague on 6PR’s Afternoons and revealed just how dangerous eating and reheating old food is.
Press PLAY to hear the full story