6PR’s Ultimate Melbourne Cup Experience Terms and Conditions
6PRs Ultimate Melbourne Cup Experience Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
|Promotion:||6PRs Ultimate Melbourne Cup Experience|
|Promoter:||RADIO 6PR PERTH PTY LIMITED ABN 64 008 829 927, Level 1, 169 Hay Street, East Perth, WA 6004, Australia.|
|Promotional Period:||Start date: 12/10/18 at 09:00 am AWST
End date: 26/10/18 at 11:59 pm AWST
Promotional Period excludes weekends.
|Eligible entrants:||Entry is only open to WA residents who are 18 years and over.|
|How to Enter:||To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps:
a) watch Today Tonight on Channel 7 for the daily codeword. A new daily code word will be shown each weekday from Friday 12/10/18 to Thursday 25/10/18; and
b) listen to 6PR between 5:00 am and 5:59 pm the next day for the cue-to-call. There will be four (4) cue to calls each day (excluding weekends) from Monday 15/10/18 to Friday 26/10/18. The entrant must call 08 9221 1882 after the cue to call and successfully call through with the correct codeword broadcasted on the previous weeknight to be deemed a finalist.
|Winner Determination:||Four (4) finalists will be determined on each weekday from Monday 15/10/18 to Friday 26/10/18. All four (4) finalists will be automatically entered into a draw conducted at 6:00 pm on the same day of their determination as a finalist. The first valid entry drawn in each daily draw will win the prize specified below.
Daily draws will take place at Radio 6PR Perth Pty Limited, Level 1, 169 Hay Street, East Perth WA 6004, Australia at 06:00 pm AWST on each day from Monday 15/10/18 to Friday 26/10/18 using computerised random selection.
|Entries permitted:||Once deemed a finalist an entrant may not attempt to re-enter this Promotion on the same day they are deemed a finalist. However, if the finalist does not win for the daily draw they are entered they are eligible to re-enter on another day.|
|Total Prize Pool:||Up to AUD $30,000.00|
|Prize Conditions||· This prize is for or relates to the 2018 Lexus Melbourne Cup at Flemington Racecourse, 448 Epsom Road, Flemington VIC 3031 from 7:00 am – 11:59pm on 06/11/18 to 11:59 pm (the “Event”). If the winner is unwilling or unable to attend at the designated time for the Event, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
· The 2018 Lexus Melbourne Cup ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
· Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
· Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
· The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
· Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
· The prize is subject to booking and flight availability
· Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
· Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description, are not included.
· Itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
· The prizes require the winner to contact the Promoter in order to book travel.
|Winner notification:||The winner of each daily prize draw will be announced during the Breakfast Show between 5:00am and 8:30am on the day following the draw. The winners will also receive a letter confirming their prize from the Promoter and their name and suburb will also be published on 6PR.com.au within one (1) day of the draw.|
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the designated time for the Event or at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner and their travel companion may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner or travel companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner or travel companion will be required to sign the legal release on the winner or travel companion’s behalf.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.