Terms and Conditions
General Terms & Conditions for Radio 6PR Competitions
Effective: 15 May 2018
By entering a competition, you (You, Entrant) acknowledge and accept these general terms and conditions (Terms), as amended by Radio 6PR from time to time and displayed on its webpage at www.6PR.com.au.
These Terms may be varied by competition-specific rules specified in conjunction with a given competition.
|Who is Running the Competition?||Radio 6PR Perth Pty Ltd (ABN 64 008 829 927) trading as Radio 6PR (Radio 6PR, the Station, the Promoter) runs competitions across the Station’s programs, including competitions that involve an element of chance in order to determine a winner and competitions that are games of skill, where a winner is determined by assessing entries against judging criteria.
Radio 6PR is a subsidiary of Macquarie Media Limited (ABN 32 063 906 927) and forms part of Macquarie Media’s network of radio stations (Macquarie Media Group).
|Eligibility to win a Prize||In order to be eligible to win a Prize, You must:
· be a resident of Western Australia; and
· be aged 18 years or over, unless otherwise stipulated.
You are not eligible to enter a competition or win a Prize if You are a current employee or director (or their immediate family member) of:
· the Macquarie Media Group; or
· any other agency or organisation associated with the specific competition.
If You are under 18 years of age and You win a Prize, it may be awarded to Your parent or guardian, in the Station’s absolute discretion.
|Competition Period||Each competition will be conducted between the opening time and date and closing time and date stipulated for the specific competition. All times are Australian Western Standard Time (AWST). Entries must be received during the Competition Period.
|Entry Limits||You can only enter each competition once unless otherwise specified.|
|How to Enter||To enter a competition You must, during the Competition Period, follow the instructions specified to submit your entry.
For competitions requiring phone entry, the Radio 6PR number is (08) 9221 1882.
Entry is competition specific and may change in accordance with each competition’s entry instructions. Competitions may specify that entries be submitted by phone, via the Website, in person, or by other means as determined by Radio 6PR from time to time. The Station does not charge an entry fee to enter any competition. If entry is by phone or online, the Entrant may incur costs via their telecommunications or internet service provider.
|Determination of Winner/s||The number of winners and date and time of determination will be as stipulated on air or on the Website.
Games of chance may involve a random competition draw which will take place at the Station.
Games of skill may involve judges appointed by the Station who will review each valid entry and will judge entries against pre-determined judging criteria to determine a winner.
|Prizes||Prizes are as stipulated on air and/or on the Website.
All Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant Prize supplier, including periods of validity as relevant.
Under these Terms, Prizes are defined as follows:
Category A Prize is a Prize that is valued at up to $50.
Category B Prize is a Prize that is from $51 to $5000 in value.
Category C Prize is a Prize that is valued at over $5000.
|Prize Notification||Winners will be informed directly using the contact details provided in their entry. In the case of an instant win on air or at an outside broadcast, the winner may be notified in person instead.
The names of winners may be announced on air and listed on the Website shortly after determination.
|Prize Restrictions||Limits on winning
For any competition conducted by Radio 6PR or the Macquarie Media Group, a winning Entrant will be required to wait for a specified period before being eligible to win future Prizes of any category, dependent on the category of their Prize win as follows:
· Category A Prize winner – no wait
· Category B Prize winner – 60 days; and
· Category C Prize winner – 12 months.
This means that if You win a Category B Prize, you must wait 60 days before you will be eligible to enter any other Macquarie Media Group competition, and 12 months in the case of a Category C Prize.
Unless otherwise specified, Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
If a Prize is not available, Radio 6PR reserves the right to exchange the Prize for something of equal or greater value.
In the event that a winner does not take an element of the Prize in the time stipulated by Radio 6PR or the Prize provider, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, if a Prize is for entry to or participation in a show, a concert or an event (Event), the Station will not be responsible for any changes in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of the Event that may prevent the winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it and no cash or alternative tickets will be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize. The Station does not control entry to the relevant Event location. Once awarded, the Station is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way.
|Prize Fulfilment||It can take up to six weeks for a winner to receive their Prize. Once the Prize has been dispatched by Radio 6PR or the third party responsible for administering the Prize, to the extent permitted by law Radio 6PR does not accept responsibility regarding breakages or loss of parcel. In the event of a lost mail parcel the winner will need to liaise directly with their local post office and replacements are not guaranteed.
In some cases, winners may be required to collect their Prize from the studios/reception of Radio 6PR. If a winner is unable to do so, the winner will have the option of incurring the cost of a courier or postage, or will forfeit the Prize.
|Information Collection and Privacy||Radio 6PR collects personal information about you in order to conduct the competition.
Entrants may be required to provide their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, email, address and phone number. Incomplete entries will not be included in the competition.
All entrants’ details are automatically entered on the Radio 6PR promotions database. A record of all winners is also maintained.
By entering a competition, You consent to your personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988) being used for direct marketing by Radio 6PR and prize providers of competitions conducted by Radio 6PR (including via email), as well as for the purpose of distribution of Prizes by Radio 6PR and third parties. You can elect to opt out at any time by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ when You receive direct marketing material.
· how you can seek access to the personal information Radio 6PR holds and seek the correction of such information; and
· how you can complain about a breach of privacy and how Radio 6PR will deal with such a complaint.
- Throughout and after the Competition Period, Radio 6PR may contact Entrants to interact with Radio 6PR on air, online, via social media or by other methods in relation to the competition. This does not form part of any judging process nor does it indicate that the Entrant is a finalist or winner.
- Entrants (and their companions if relevant) may be required to participate in publicity, photography, recording, filming and other promotional activity as the Station requires, without any compensation.
- Entrants under the age of 18 years (when eligible to enter) must also have a parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter the competition.
- Entrants assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, their rights (if any) in any publicity materials obtained by the Radio 6PR in accordance with paragraphs 1 and 2, and the Macquarie Media Group may use them in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any manner Radio 6PR sees fit (and Entrants will obtain the same for the benefit of Radio 6PR from their companions if relevant).
- It is a condition of entry that Radio 6PR has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any competition or matter incidental to the competition. This means that by entering, You consent to your entry being broadcast on air and to Your telephone and other conversations with Radio 6PR or its representatives being broadcast on air and communicated to the public via any medium. You will not be compensated for this use.
- Every entry, including any answers, photos, videos or statements provided in your entry (Entry Content), must be your original work and not copied.
- The Station may reproduce and amend your entry (including the Entry Content) and may use (or allow others to use) your entry and any rights in relation to your entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purpose. These rights are perpetual, royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable and transferable. For example, the Station may publish all or any part of your entry or any amended version of it.
- You warrant that your entry does not breach any third party rights (for example, intellectual property rights) and its use by the Station or any other person will not breach such rights nor otherwise breach any law (for example, it is not defamatory, in contempt of court or in breach of any privacy law). Your entry must not be obscene, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, indecent or (in the Station’s opinion) otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (for example it must not include nudity or language the Station deems offensive).
- The Station may draw additional reserve entries in a competition draw and record them in order, in case a winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid or a Prize is unclaimed.
- If You or your entry are deemed by the Station to breach these Terms, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be disqualified. The Station and its representatives may conduct security and ID verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine an Entrant’s eligibility to enter a competition or win a Prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of a competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Station, the Macquarie Media Group or of the agencies or companies associated with a competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- Radio 6PR has the right to temporarily or permanently disqualify any person from taking part in any competitions conducted by Radio 6PR if, in its sole discretion, Radio 6PR deems that person to have broken any terms applicable to any Macquarie Media Limited group competition.
- All decisions by Radio 6PR are final and at the discretion of Radio 6PR. No discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Prizes must be claimed at the time of notification or as otherwise specified by the Station. Where a winner is deemed invalid or does not claim their Prize when and in the manner specified, the Station may determine a new winner in its absolute discretion and in accordance with applicable legislation.
- If entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges Radio 6PR may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
- Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by Radio 6PR and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the competition and redeem a Prize; and
- Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by Radio 6PR or a prize provider in order to participate further in the competition and redeem a Prize.
- Where a specific competition is subject to additional terms, in the event of any inconsistency between the additional terms and these Terms, the additional terms will supersede these Terms in relation to the inconsistency only.
- Notwithstanding any other condition of these Terms, Radio 6PR reserves the right to amend these Terms, and to modify, cancel or withdraw a competition at any time if it is unable to run as planned, subject to any regulatory requirements.
- The time of entry will in each case be deemed to be when the entry is received by the Promoter’s database.
- Radio 6PR is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any phone, network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing You from successfully participating in a competition.
- A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by Radio 6PR. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by Radio 6PR will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Terms do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, Radio 6PR makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of the Prize awarded under these Terms.
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Station, the Macquarie Media Group and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any Prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the Prize supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of the launch of the competition. Radio 6PR takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
- Radio 6PR accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.