Warning to dog owners over sea hares
Dog owners are being warned about the dangers of sea hares which are potentially toxic to dogs after Perth family lost their beloved pooch after a walk in Albany.
10-month-old Smudgy died after coming into contact with the animal which is found off waters off the WA Coast.
Dr Kate Lindsay from Kalmpets told Gareth Parker on Mornings the mucus from the sea hare can be fatal for dogs and says it’s a warning to keep an eye on your dog while they’re wading in the ocean.
(Pic: Dr Isobel Bennet/ Via Australian Museum)
Download this podcast here