Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup thick, plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- cooked rice and lemon wedges, to serve
Combine yoghurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, oil, spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large ceramic bowl. Cut 2 slits in top of each chicken thigh, making sure not to cut all the way through. Add chicken to yoghurt mixture and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease and line a large baking dish. Place chicken in dish and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice and lemon.