Pharmacist Gerald Quigley joins 6pr every Friday at 1.30 to answer your queries about modern medicine and every day prescriptions. Call and be part of the show on 9221 1882 or listen to the most recent segment right here.
Topics from Friday 17-05-2013
1. Food Allergy Awareness Week has just finished. If you do have somebody in your family with a sensitivity to a particular food, seek as much advice as you can. New information is coming out all the time, new suggestions are being made, and it's all about getting the best quality f life outcomes for both you and your gamily member, If you have an EpiPen, be confident it its use at all times.
2. Hard, rough skin can be easily removed with gentle rubbing using a ounce stone in the shower, then applying UREDERM CREAM each night and morning. This cream contains 10% urea, which softens tough skin areas, and encourages healthy skin growth from underneath.
3. SOUVENAID is the new nutritional supplement for Alzheimer's patients. It is available at the pharmacy and is a once-a-day drink, best kept in the fridge.
4. Dry Eyes after surgery are very common. TEARS AGAIN is a convenient dry eye remedy, applied over the CLOSED eye. It's a very fine spray mist, easy to use
5. Krill oil is the new, convenient omega-3 supplement which does't cause the fishy aftertaste so often found in standard fish oil supplements. Usual dose is 500mg once a day.