Consumer protection hotline


The Department of Consumer Protection says any tenant in Department of Housing accommodation who hasn't been able to resolve maintenance issue with DoH to call their hotline on 1300 30 40 54. 

Department of Consumer Protection Executive Director Anne Driscoll told Paul Murray today that the Department of Housing, like any private landlord, has a responsibility to maintain their rental properties to a safe and healthy standard.

Any tenant of a Department of Housing dwelling who has a problem with maintenance that has not been dealt with and now presents a health or safety risk is encouraged to call the Department of Consumer Protection on 1300 30 40 54.


The Department of Consumer Protection suggests that Homeswest tenants should first try to resolve their issue with Homeswest, who have a dispute resolution process in place, and only contact them if the matter remains unresolved and they have exhausted HW avenues.



Anne Driscoll



Be the first to comment.

Make a comment

You are logged in as [Logout]

All information entered below may be published.

Error: Please enter your screen name.

Error: Your Screen Name must be less than 255 characters.

Error: Your Location must be less than 255 characters.

Error: Please enter your comment.

Error: Your Message must be less than 300 words.

Post to

You need to have read and accepted the Conditions of Use.

Thank you

Your comment has been submitted for approval.

Comments are moderated and are generally published if they are on-topic and not abusive.

On Air Now

On Air Next

Afternoons with Simon Beaumont

6PR Afternoons

12pm - 3pm