It is typically safe to swim at Broome beaches, and box jellyfish are considered rare. Photo: iStock
A lady was taken to hospital after being stung by a venomous jellyfish at Broome's Cable Beach yesterday.
Dr Lisa Gershwin is a jellyfish expert and has created an app dedicated to the stingers and works with the CSIRO, she told the 6PR Breakfast show the best way to deal with stings is to put vinegar on the sting, it won't take away the pain, but it will draw the poison away.
Listen to the full interview here...