- Banksia Hill damaged
- National service for youth
- Simpson pulls Freo plug
- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
You've Got To Be Kidding!
Retailers beware! 6pr's consumer watchdogs are on the loose and calling Millsy with your questionable pricings, deals and policies.
If you have seen or had a 'You've got be kidding' moment then simply click the link below to submit it along with your contact details and you will be in the running to win a weekly prize.
Click here to submit a 'You've got be kidding' moment.
Tuesday 13th December
Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: To get 12c off at Woolworths.
Millsy kicked things off this week with an odd-servation of a new pricing war between Coles and Woolworths.
Coles were advertising their BBQ chickens for $10 flat but in a piece of marketing brilliance that surely would have stopped Coles shoppers in their tracks, Woolworths were offering a full 12c off their standard BBQ chicken.
That’s right...a full 12c...1/8 of a dollar off.
Not alone in his disbelief, Millsy was called by one listener who asked if 'The Fresh Food People' would be liable for any injuries incurred by the mob of shoppers that would stampede toward Woolies to take advantage of this surely short lived price.
Fair dinkum! How stupid do supermarkets (and marketers) think people are to believe that a 12c saving on a chicken will change shopping habits. This is 12c shot at Coles is nothing more than an irritation to shoppers, the equivalent to that invasive neighbour that sticks his head over the fence and asks 'what did you pay for your new car?'
You know your answer will always be $3000 more than what he paid and he gleefully tells you that should have come to him first.
Well done Woolworths you just became 'that' neighbour for me. The one people avoid unless they really need something or have forgotten why they were avoiding you in the first place.
The supermarkets are having a lend - sure there are lots of specials but for the most popular items, you have to buy 2 !!!! Thats all well and good but my grocery budget shouldnt have to blow out to get a deal, it should be the same price for one or more if it is a special !Brian Wednesday 9 November, 2011 - 2:11 PM
Brilliant little rant. I for one was turned off Coles when that dreadful "Down, down, prices are staying down" ad came on with the woman who couldn't sing to save herself. Now? What do I do? It's like trying to pick sides for a water polo game and the only two players left to choose from are Barney the Dinosaur and John Goodman!Shane Kavanagh Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 8:05 AM