- Smacked kids are happier kids
- The voice of British cricket
- Fake interpreter outrage
- 'Demetriou is a liar': Tania Hird
- It was cold and calculated
- Catch-and-kill "unnaceptable"
- Johnson's bouncer warning
- Holden out by 2017
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Diver on "Shark policy is a media stunt" I'm no do gooder. But why do we allow far more dangerous animals to run round in our parks (last night two big pit bulls ... more
- Diver on Catch-and-kill "unnaceptable" The thing that really annoys me about this policy is drumlines from quinns to warnboro - nearly 100km.1km offshore - THIS ... more
- James on Holden out by 2017 Let GMH go. they had plenty of time to change their products and there is no respect for them after having the electric car ... more
- James on "Shark policy is a media stunt" There are more whales about so with a ban on sharks, sharks follow whales what else killed the washed up whale carcases.I ... more
- Andrew on "Shark policy is a media stunt" Of course this is a publicity stunt...Barnett and Buswell have little else to hang their hats on, so what better way to get ... more
- wayne on Trouble streaming 6PR? this was working very good before the changes ,I cannot get anything now even on chrome 6PR 3AW 4BC more
- Tamara on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Lets tag and monitor all predators from sharks to offenders of family violence. Make all predators wear tags to keep our ... more
- cagediving on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull lets do great white cage diving and shark feeding for tourism in the metro area. this tourism is very popular in south ... more
- Rob Wylde on Protesters urge 'no cull' policy There are over 300 comments on my FB page about the shark cull. Not one agrees.Is this government not listening again more
- Andrew on Granny mummies on the rise No surprise ....when you have a state government that has turned the thumbscrews on the populus and made the cost of living ... more
- Andrew on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull What a funny species we are....hundreds get killed on our roads every year and we don't bat a bloody eye lid because its ... more
- Chris on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Yea lets chum the waters 1km from swimming beaches with drum lines and hope the fishos get them before they get a swimmer, ... more
- Steve on Mental health woes exposed Hi PaulIt's puzzling how the council of official visitors have failed to acknowledge the mistreatment of residents living ... more
- Lucy Blundell on Gonski. WA funding disappears Sorry but does your opposition education spokesperson actually have a brain? Last time I looked WA hadn't signed up to ... more
- Andrew on Flight attendants fear insecticide Maybe thats what is behind all our politicians broken promises, all the frequent flying has affected their brain cells. more
- Andrew on Prepare for the worst Q .....what plans has Colin Barnett or which ever minister is responsible put in place? My guess would be none as most plans ... more
- Tricia on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am in love with Kent - please don't let him go !!!!!! more
- marilyn on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I love listening to millsy every morning and i am looking forward to Basil joining him,anyone who says Basil has no ... more
- Andrew on Our loss is Brisbane's win Is it any wonder this state is seen as backwards. Once again another case of Barnetts folly but then again we are talking ... more
- Dellas on The Life of Nelson Mandela Who deserves be Australia's representative at this face of freedom, Nelson Mandela's, funeral?No-one.We're too busy turning ... more
You've Got To Be Kidding!
Retailers beware! 6pr's consumer watchdogs are on the loose and calling Millsy with your questionable pricings, deals and policies.
If you have seen or had a 'You've got be kidding' moment then simply click the link below to submit it along with your contact details and you will be in the running to win a weekly prize.
Click here to submit a 'You've got be kidding' moment.
Tuesday 13th December
Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: To get 12c off at Woolworths.
Millsy kicked things off this week with an odd-servation of a new pricing war between Coles and Woolworths.
Coles were advertising their BBQ chickens for $10 flat but in a piece of marketing brilliance that surely would have stopped Coles shoppers in their tracks, Woolworths were offering a full 12c off their standard BBQ chicken.
That’s right...a full 12c...1/8 of a dollar off.
Not alone in his disbelief, Millsy was called by one listener who asked if 'The Fresh Food People' would be liable for any injuries incurred by the mob of shoppers that would stampede toward Woolies to take advantage of this surely short lived price.
Fair dinkum! How stupid do supermarkets (and marketers) think people are to believe that a 12c saving on a chicken will change shopping habits. This is 12c shot at Coles is nothing more than an irritation to shoppers, the equivalent to that invasive neighbour that sticks his head over the fence and asks 'what did you pay for your new car?'
You know your answer will always be $3000 more than what he paid and he gleefully tells you that should have come to him first.
Well done Woolworths you just became 'that' neighbour for me. The one people avoid unless they really need something or have forgotten why they were avoiding you in the first place.
The supermarkets are having a lend - sure there are lots of specials but for the most popular items, you have to buy 2 !!!! Thats all well and good but my grocery budget shouldnt have to blow out to get a deal, it should be the same price for one or more if it is a special !Brian Wednesday 9 November, 2011 - 2:11 PM
Brilliant little rant. I for one was turned off Coles when that dreadful "Down, down, prices are staying down" ad came on with the woman who couldn't sing to save herself. Now? What do I do? It's like trying to pick sides for a water polo game and the only two players left to choose from are Barney the Dinosaur and John Goodman!Shane Kavanagh Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 8:05 AM