- Living together, apart
- It will be long and bloody
- Breast flash investigated
- Heyyyy! It's the Fonzie Fetus
- Tempers flair in GST stand-off
- McGowan backs medical marijuana
- 'Criminal hypocrisy'
- MC's offensive rant at school quiz night
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
- Peter Nel on On the lamb in Scarborough These animals look like goats,dressed in sheep clothing. more
- Jacky on On the lamb in Scarborough They're sheep, I haven't seen a goat with a long tail more
- justsomeguy,youknow on Is it time for full deregulation? If Sunday trading has been such a runaway success as it is why the need to change pay rates.Rhetorical question.Because it's ... more
- Carole Wynne on Foley murder raises ransom questions We should never pay ransom money no matter what terrorist are cowardly scum and giving them money will just encourage them ... more
- Carole Wynne on 'It's like child abuse': AMA Immunisation is personal choice not child abuse I had my kids immunised but I can understand why some parents don't and ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal In what arena of war and conflict have any of your sensitive male bloggers fought?And "Amanda" can bare her breasts and her ... more
- alex p on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal perhaps we should only recruit the SAS from the pure of heart, like priests and choir boys. I know who I would turn to in an ... more
- Kerry on Woof woof is this the end? I think a more appropriate headline would have read: Are the greyhounds dog gone? more
- James Redden on No friction between Palmer and Wang Why does 6pr constantly use the pseydenoum "Sir Rumor" every time they are fed lies from the liberal party. The bias is ... more
- Matthew on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal @ Jess get over it - these are trained killers, yes we train them to kill not to cuddle.Let the boys blow off some steam, ... more
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Chris on 'I have to keep my distance' Dear Carl, I absolutely feel the pain you are going through as a parent. I for one also have had to deal with the pain and ... more
- Dellas on Job ads: Indigenous only What's to know about Aboriginal or Indigenous employment? It's been in existence since 1984.Just ask Andrew Forrest's view ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
You've Got To Be Kidding!
Retailers beware! 6pr's consumer watchdogs are on the loose and calling Millsy with your questionable pricings, deals and policies.
If you have seen or had a 'You've got be kidding' moment then simply click the link below to submit it along with your contact details and you will be in the running to win a weekly prize.
Click here to submit a 'You've got be kidding' moment.
Tuesday 13th December
Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: To get 12c off at Woolworths.
Millsy kicked things off this week with an odd-servation of a new pricing war between Coles and Woolworths.
Coles were advertising their BBQ chickens for $10 flat but in a piece of marketing brilliance that surely would have stopped Coles shoppers in their tracks, Woolworths were offering a full 12c off their standard BBQ chicken.
That’s right...a full 12c...1/8 of a dollar off.
Not alone in his disbelief, Millsy was called by one listener who asked if 'The Fresh Food People' would be liable for any injuries incurred by the mob of shoppers that would stampede toward Woolies to take advantage of this surely short lived price.
Fair dinkum! How stupid do supermarkets (and marketers) think people are to believe that a 12c saving on a chicken will change shopping habits. This is 12c shot at Coles is nothing more than an irritation to shoppers, the equivalent to that invasive neighbour that sticks his head over the fence and asks 'what did you pay for your new car?'
You know your answer will always be $3000 more than what he paid and he gleefully tells you that should have come to him first.
Well done Woolworths you just became 'that' neighbour for me. The one people avoid unless they really need something or have forgotten why they were avoiding you in the first place.
The supermarkets are having a lend - sure there are lots of specials but for the most popular items, you have to buy 2 !!!! Thats all well and good but my grocery budget shouldnt have to blow out to get a deal, it should be the same price for one or more if it is a special !Brian Wednesday 9 November, 2011 - 2:11 PM
Brilliant little rant. I for one was turned off Coles when that dreadful "Down, down, prices are staying down" ad came on with the woman who couldn't sing to save herself. Now? What do I do? It's like trying to pick sides for a water polo game and the only two players left to choose from are Barney the Dinosaur and John Goodman!Shane Kavanagh Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 8:05 AM