- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- Money trail tacks terror link
- Police thwart terror plan
- Albany ANZAC ban stands
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
You've Got To Be Kidding!
Retailers beware! 6pr's consumer watchdogs are on the loose and calling Millsy with your questionable pricings, deals and policies.
If you have seen or had a 'You've got be kidding' moment then simply click the link below to submit it along with your contact details and you will be in the running to win a weekly prize.
Click here to submit a 'You've got be kidding' moment.
Tuesday 13th December
Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: To get 12c off at Woolworths.
Millsy kicked things off this week with an odd-servation of a new pricing war between Coles and Woolworths.
Coles were advertising their BBQ chickens for $10 flat but in a piece of marketing brilliance that surely would have stopped Coles shoppers in their tracks, Woolworths were offering a full 12c off their standard BBQ chicken.
That’s right...a full 12c...1/8 of a dollar off.
Not alone in his disbelief, Millsy was called by one listener who asked if 'The Fresh Food People' would be liable for any injuries incurred by the mob of shoppers that would stampede toward Woolies to take advantage of this surely short lived price.
Fair dinkum! How stupid do supermarkets (and marketers) think people are to believe that a 12c saving on a chicken will change shopping habits. This is 12c shot at Coles is nothing more than an irritation to shoppers, the equivalent to that invasive neighbour that sticks his head over the fence and asks 'what did you pay for your new car?'
You know your answer will always be $3000 more than what he paid and he gleefully tells you that should have come to him first.
Well done Woolworths you just became 'that' neighbour for me. The one people avoid unless they really need something or have forgotten why they were avoiding you in the first place.
The supermarkets are having a lend - sure there are lots of specials but for the most popular items, you have to buy 2 !!!! Thats all well and good but my grocery budget shouldnt have to blow out to get a deal, it should be the same price for one or more if it is a special !Brian Wednesday 9 November, 2011 - 2:11 PM
Brilliant little rant. I for one was turned off Coles when that dreadful "Down, down, prices are staying down" ad came on with the woman who couldn't sing to save herself. Now? What do I do? It's like trying to pick sides for a water polo game and the only two players left to choose from are Barney the Dinosaur and John Goodman!Shane Kavanagh Tuesday 18 October, 2011 - 8:05 AM