- I'm not funding terrorism
- Arrogance will end Hird's career
- Sun sets on Bluey's coaching
- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- Why is Perth so pricey
- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
Will this solve child obesity?
School report cards could become a lot more detailed. Tony McManus spoke to Melbourne University professor David Pennington about the push to put children's weight on their report cards in the hope to lower the obesity epidemic.
Well,"Chick" of Perth, I am sensitive to this "issue" because I have had an eating disorder for forty years; from extreme anorexia to what I now know is disordered eating behaviour.
Believe me, whether one is obese, underweight or even somewhere inbetween, the cruellest cut is to subject a child or adolescent to ongoing scrutiny of their weight and body image "issues", in such an overt fashion. It's a guaranteed given that all it will do is to make them hide it, or perhaps dig in their heels.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.Dellas Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 4:41 PM
It's hard to come by educated people for this subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking about!
Thanksalkaline diet Monday 10 December, 2012 - 4:20 PM
I think it is a good idea as some parents need a wake up call as to how overweight their children are. They could also put the children's height on as well so they can see how much they have grown over the last 6 to 12 months. It isn't singling out overweight children if all children are weighed and I think too many people are too sensitive to some issues. This could be a good thing and actually save some lives and a lot of health problems down the track.Chick of Perth Monday 10 December, 2012 - 1:49 PM
Yes, let's make the overweight children run around and be objects of derision by their peers and teachers.
While we're at it, why not belittle young anorexic girls?
Tell me, why is anorexia nervosa and bulimia acceptable, and obesity isn't, given that sometimes there may be a genetic predisposition, let alone "lifestyle" issues?Dellas Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 6:11 PM