- Kill zones, drum lines but no cull
- Granny mummies on the rise
- Protesters urge 'no cull' policy
- Cabbie ejects disabled man
- 40 years as a WA cop
- Prepare for the worst
- CCC 'bullying' police
- Vanity killing young hearts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on Mental health woes exposed Hi PaulIt's puzzling how the council of official visitors have failed to acknowledge the mistreatment of residents living ... more
- Andrew on Flight attendants fear insecticide Maybe thats what is behind all our politicians broken promises, all the frequent flying has affected their brain cells. more
- Andrew on Prepare for the worst Q .....what plans has Colin Barnett or which ever minister is responsible put in place? My guess would be none as most plans ... more
- Tricia on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am in love with Kent - please don't let him go !!!!!! more
- marilyn on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I love listening to millsy every morning and i am looking forward to Basil joining him,anyone who says Basil has no ... more
- Andrew on Our loss is Brisbane's win Is it any wonder this state is seen as backwards. Once again another case of Barnetts folly but then again we are talking ... more
- Dellas on The Life of Nelson Mandela Who deserves be Australia's representative at this face of freedom, Nelson Mandela's, funeral?No-one.We're too busy turning ... more
- Andrew on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Honestly 6PR what are you thinking? more
- Maureen on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 If Kent goes so do I. The Breakfast Show will not be the same. I'm sorry Millsy I love your show but not if Basil is going ... more
- Matt on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I won't be tuning into breakfast anymore when Basil joins. It's been great listening to Millsy and Kent, but I will be ... more
- What's going on on Bathtub protest halts logging This industry is unsustainable both financially and ecologically. Logging runs at a loss for the state. We the tax payers ... more
- maree parker on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Millsy and Kent were/are the most easy going and humorous pairing. 6PR what are you thinking? First Howard and now Kent, and ... more
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
We're 80 years young
On Friday the 14th of October 1931, the radio landscape of Perth changed for ever as 6PR broadcast for the first time.
We want you to be part of the celebrations and to help fill in some of the blanks.
You can leave a message or favorite moment from 6pr's 80 years below.
If you have a photo of an event or moment involving 6pr send it in via email on the link below with a brief description and we will add it to our photo gallery.
You can even help us identify some of the people and personalities in the photos that we have put up already.
Enjoy the stories and help us share the memories as we look forward to the next 80 years being your most trusted radio station.
Happy 80th Birthday ''6PR'', i've listen to the station via online and really like listening to it, I hope you all have a very wonderful 80th birthday and keep it on the air for 80 more years!!Anwar Washington Wednesday 19 October, 2011 - 5:20 PM
I have fond memories of Sunday gold witch was on Sundays in 1980's and early 1990's. I wish u guys bring that show back and congrats on turning 80 u are Perth's number 1 station to me. I wish Tony Mac could have John Blackman on for longer Say 3hrs once a week.
Darren WardDarren Ward Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:05 PM
Congratulations on your 80th birthday. It would be great if you could issue a CD to commemorate this momentous event. I hope you all have a great day of celebrations. Here's to the next 80 years (I doubt if I'll be around to celebrate that!)James Daly Friday 14 October, 2011 - 12:14 PM
Mum EILEEN (85)& myself have the radio on nearly 24 hrs everyday since 1960 after coming from Kalgoorlie & listening to George Chapman
Happy 80th to your wonderful station & annoncerbev & eileen Friday 14 October, 2011 - 9:09 AM
First I'd like to wish you a HAPPY "BIG 80" BIRTHDAY, an let you know the reason I know its your birthday is because my husband woke me up to the sounds of the lap top keyboard tapping away. I hugged him good morning, and the first thing he said was "its 6PR's 80th Birthday today I just sent them a message"...I laughed and said "are you serious?" and he said "You married 6PR when you married me baby!"....Just had to let you know...Diana Watson Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:00 AM
i will be listening in the tomorrow morning untill 3:00pm tomorrow
my favourite people are graham maybury and steve mills.
i have been listing to 6pr for 18 years. and i have a digital radio.matt calkin Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:05 PM