- Buswell resigns from Cabinet
- I'm holding on to hope
- Albo admits Labor's mistakes
- Is this Buswell's last straw?
- Hopes for Nalder
- 25c a day to eat your veggies
- QLD Liberal attacks shark policy
- Clubs WA want liquor changes
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Cotton on Is this Buswell's last straw? Looking above at comments by Monnie, might be minor damage but what if he had run over a child and killed them.Along with ... more
- Lorraine Collier on Is this Buswell's last straw? it is about time Buswell was gone and I think the same for Barnett. He has broken promises he made and has taken money from ... more
- Diana on Is this Buswell's last straw? Is it really necessary to hound Buswell, as will happen? He's broken, isn't that enough? more
- Monnie on Is this Buswell's last straw? Minor damage - modern bumpers are flimsy things held on by clips and fall off at the slightest bump. Give the guy a break more
- Paul Bowers on Is this Buswell's last straw? Both the Premier and Troy Buswell should stand down to maintain confidence in our government,there is an obvious cover-up. ... more
- Dellas on We're an overpriced backwater Yep, that's exactly what we are."Up-ourselves regardless".The tyranny of distance seems to have attracted many peoples from ... more
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Sarah Elliott on HPV vaccination debate Dellas, there is no way that previous vaccines would have caused any of your daughters conditions. Many anitvaxxers love to ... more
- Bron on HPV vaccination debate It saddens me to read the post about the mother who is now frightened for her daughter. This is Judy Wilymans agenda, to ... more
- Dellas on HPV vaccination debate This story has scared me.Not for myself but for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ... more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day Cont...Is this really about professional beggars? In the ABC news article "Perth business executives pose as homeless ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day It's a good thing that these "scum" (sarcasm), can't partake in sharing in quenching their thirst on the refreshing upmarket ... more
- boondog on $7m bill hard to swallow You state $7.24 million could pay for either 100 nurses or school staff, the $26 million used for the update and fit out of ... more
- paul on Racist assault caught on video listening to them sounds like they no him by stating he was blind girl in white laughing themselves dressed like skanks its ... more
- gwen ferry on Racist assault caught on video I find this odd, the fact that two well dressed young women, for no apparent reason, would start abusing an elderly ... more
- Diana on Racist assault caught on video News goes on to detail viewers concern for the kids onboard, rather than blind man. Let's keep his ordeal front and centre. more
We're 80 years young
On Friday the 14th of October 1931, the radio landscape of Perth changed for ever as 6PR broadcast for the first time.
We want you to be part of the celebrations and to help fill in some of the blanks.
You can leave a message or favorite moment from 6pr's 80 years below.
If you have a photo of an event or moment involving 6pr send it in via email on the link below with a brief description and we will add it to our photo gallery.
You can even help us identify some of the people and personalities in the photos that we have put up already.
Enjoy the stories and help us share the memories as we look forward to the next 80 years being your most trusted radio station.
Happy 80th Birthday ''6PR'', i've listen to the station via online and really like listening to it, I hope you all have a very wonderful 80th birthday and keep it on the air for 80 more years!!Anwar Washington Wednesday 19 October, 2011 - 5:20 PM
I have fond memories of Sunday gold witch was on Sundays in 1980's and early 1990's. I wish u guys bring that show back and congrats on turning 80 u are Perth's number 1 station to me. I wish Tony Mac could have John Blackman on for longer Say 3hrs once a week.
Darren WardDarren Ward Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:05 PM
Congratulations on your 80th birthday. It would be great if you could issue a CD to commemorate this momentous event. I hope you all have a great day of celebrations. Here's to the next 80 years (I doubt if I'll be around to celebrate that!)James Daly Friday 14 October, 2011 - 12:14 PM
Mum EILEEN (85)& myself have the radio on nearly 24 hrs everyday since 1960 after coming from Kalgoorlie & listening to George Chapman
Happy 80th to your wonderful station & annoncerbev & eileen Friday 14 October, 2011 - 9:09 AM
First I'd like to wish you a HAPPY "BIG 80" BIRTHDAY, an let you know the reason I know its your birthday is because my husband woke me up to the sounds of the lap top keyboard tapping away. I hugged him good morning, and the first thing he said was "its 6PR's 80th Birthday today I just sent them a message"...I laughed and said "are you serious?" and he said "You married 6PR when you married me baby!"....Just had to let you know...Diana Watson Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:00 AM
i will be listening in the tomorrow morning untill 3:00pm tomorrow
my favourite people are graham maybury and steve mills.
i have been listing to 6pr for 18 years. and i have a digital radio.matt calkin Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:05 PM