- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- Money trail tacks terror link
- Police thwart terror plan
- Albany ANZAC ban stands
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
We're 80 years young
On Friday the 14th of October 1931, the radio landscape of Perth changed for ever as 6PR broadcast for the first time.
We want you to be part of the celebrations and to help fill in some of the blanks.
You can leave a message or favorite moment from 6pr's 80 years below.
If you have a photo of an event or moment involving 6pr send it in via email on the link below with a brief description and we will add it to our photo gallery.
You can even help us identify some of the people and personalities in the photos that we have put up already.
Enjoy the stories and help us share the memories as we look forward to the next 80 years being your most trusted radio station.
Happy 80th Birthday ''6PR'', i've listen to the station via online and really like listening to it, I hope you all have a very wonderful 80th birthday and keep it on the air for 80 more years!!Anwar Washington Wednesday 19 October, 2011 - 5:20 PM
I have fond memories of Sunday gold witch was on Sundays in 1980's and early 1990's. I wish u guys bring that show back and congrats on turning 80 u are Perth's number 1 station to me. I wish Tony Mac could have John Blackman on for longer Say 3hrs once a week.
Darren WardDarren Ward Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:05 PM
Congratulations on your 80th birthday. It would be great if you could issue a CD to commemorate this momentous event. I hope you all have a great day of celebrations. Here's to the next 80 years (I doubt if I'll be around to celebrate that!)James Daly Friday 14 October, 2011 - 12:14 PM
Mum EILEEN (85)& myself have the radio on nearly 24 hrs everyday since 1960 after coming from Kalgoorlie & listening to George Chapman
Happy 80th to your wonderful station & annoncerbev & eileen Friday 14 October, 2011 - 9:09 AM
First I'd like to wish you a HAPPY "BIG 80" BIRTHDAY, an let you know the reason I know its your birthday is because my husband woke me up to the sounds of the lap top keyboard tapping away. I hugged him good morning, and the first thing he said was "its 6PR's 80th Birthday today I just sent them a message"...I laughed and said "are you serious?" and he said "You married 6PR when you married me baby!"....Just had to let you know...Diana Watson Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:00 AM
i will be listening in the tomorrow morning untill 3:00pm tomorrow
my favourite people are graham maybury and steve mills.
i have been listing to 6pr for 18 years. and i have a digital radio.matt calkin Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:05 PM