- Nat's back for Telethon
- Aussies to join Ebola fight
- Sanderson opens up after sacking
- Are we past Love Thy Neighbour?
- Wishing Windies well
- 3000 Perth people left council-less
- Hayley Dodd's Garden
- Angry: SAf talkback reacts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Dellas on Abbey's Project That "Abbey" gave consent to the Family Law Court to have contact with her father speaks tellingly about the nature of child ... more
- Dellas on PM's adviser backs burqa ban I hate to point out the obvious typo, Paul, but isn't Peta's surname spelt Cretin? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
We're 80 years young
On Friday the 14th of October 1931, the radio landscape of Perth changed for ever as 6PR broadcast for the first time.
We want you to be part of the celebrations and to help fill in some of the blanks.
You can leave a message or favorite moment from 6pr's 80 years below.
If you have a photo of an event or moment involving 6pr send it in via email on the link below with a brief description and we will add it to our photo gallery.
You can even help us identify some of the people and personalities in the photos that we have put up already.
Enjoy the stories and help us share the memories as we look forward to the next 80 years being your most trusted radio station.
Happy 80th Birthday ''6PR'', i've listen to the station via online and really like listening to it, I hope you all have a very wonderful 80th birthday and keep it on the air for 80 more years!!Anwar Washington Wednesday 19 October, 2011 - 5:20 PM
I have fond memories of Sunday gold witch was on Sundays in 1980's and early 1990's. I wish u guys bring that show back and congrats on turning 80 u are Perth's number 1 station to me. I wish Tony Mac could have John Blackman on for longer Say 3hrs once a week.
Darren WardDarren Ward Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:05 PM
Congratulations on your 80th birthday. It would be great if you could issue a CD to commemorate this momentous event. I hope you all have a great day of celebrations. Here's to the next 80 years (I doubt if I'll be around to celebrate that!)James Daly Friday 14 October, 2011 - 12:14 PM
Mum EILEEN (85)& myself have the radio on nearly 24 hrs everyday since 1960 after coming from Kalgoorlie & listening to George Chapman
Happy 80th to your wonderful station & annoncerbev & eileen Friday 14 October, 2011 - 9:09 AM
First I'd like to wish you a HAPPY "BIG 80" BIRTHDAY, an let you know the reason I know its your birthday is because my husband woke me up to the sounds of the lap top keyboard tapping away. I hugged him good morning, and the first thing he said was "its 6PR's 80th Birthday today I just sent them a message"...I laughed and said "are you serious?" and he said "You married 6PR when you married me baby!"....Just had to let you know...Diana Watson Friday 14 October, 2011 - 7:00 AM
i will be listening in the tomorrow morning untill 3:00pm tomorrow
my favourite people are graham maybury and steve mills.
i have been listing to 6pr for 18 years. and i have a digital radio.matt calkin Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:05 PM