- Nat's back for Telethon
- Aussies to join Ebola fight
- Sanderson opens up after sacking
- Are we past Love Thy Neighbour?
- Wishing Windies well
- 3000 Perth people left council-less
- Hayley Dodd's Garden
- Angry: SAf talkback reacts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Dellas on Abbey's Project That "Abbey" gave consent to the Family Law Court to have contact with her father speaks tellingly about the nature of child ... more
- Dellas on PM's adviser backs burqa ban I hate to point out the obvious typo, Paul, but isn't Peta's surname spelt Cretin? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
WAFL split of AFL alignment
The alignment of West Coast with East Perth and Fremantle with Peel has disappointed the remaining WAFL clubs Hear from Eagles Trevor Nisbett, Peel's John Ditchburn, WP's Brett Raponi and head of WAFL Presidents Hayden Raitt.
Eagles CEO Trevor Nisbett joined Sports Today.
Peel President John Ditchburn spoke on Sports Today.
Meantime Chairman of the WAFL Council of Presidents Hayden Raitt told Steve Mills the Eagles and Dockers have got their way - after the WA Football Commission approved alliances with two WAFL sides.
West Coast will join with East Perth - while Peel will link with Fremantle - from 2014.
Serves the non-aligned clubs right. They bled East Perth dry with tiny recruiting zones and then stopped us recruiting from the east. Suck eggs. Go the Mighties . . .Paul Thursday 8 November, 2012 - 10:40 PM
For those against, I've put a petition together. Please spread the word and let's vote against this proposal.
http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/west-australian-football-commission-tear-up-the-agreement-with-west-coast-and-fremantle-football-clubs#Pat Holywell Sunday 4 November, 2012 - 11:30 AM
All of you complainers, take it to your clubs AGMs move motions for your club to have a vote of no confidence in the WAFC, enough people do it, in enough clubs things may very well happen, check with your own WAFL clubs constitutions as you will probably need to put a motion in writing in a time frame before you can do it.roo-ted Thursday 1 November, 2012 - 7:53 PM
This is a disgrace.
All those young kids that play juniors like my son that eventually go through`Development squads will no longer get a look in, My son has given his guts to east perth, he might as well just give it up because The draftees will be pushed to play because West Coast are keeping the club a float with big $$$ ,and who do you think they will play??Money changes verything ,RIP East Perth, your dead to me.Luc Del Casale Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 7:47 PM
I am a west perth fan and feel Brett thas done a great job. Feel very sorry for EP fans. Cooper and Walton are patheticTodd Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 7:35 PM
I cant believe the arrogance of the WAFC, why dont they engage with the true WAFL stakeholders... the MEMBERS!! Frank Cooper has a lot to answer for in pursuing this. I am West Perth member & I feel for the East Perth supporters who are having their tradition compromised.... leave the WAFL alone!!! What is wrong with the AFL listed players being spread throughout the comp, they then will play against each other and get truly tested.Adam Wednesday 31 October, 2012 - 1:14 PM