- Sylvia behind the 8 ball
- Commissioner on Buswell
- Let's talk about sex
- Buswell resigns from Cabinet
- I'm holding on to hope
- Albo admits Labor's mistakes
- Is this Buswell's last straw?
- Hopes for Nalder
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- wayne on Is this Buswell's last straw? A lot of excuses to right a wrong and get sympathy, another pollie get away with drink driving more
- David Cotton on Is this Buswell's last straw? Looking above at comments by Monnie, might be minor damage but what if he had run over a child and killed them.Along with ... more
- Lorraine Collier on Is this Buswell's last straw? it is about time Buswell was gone and I think the same for Barnett. He has broken promises he made and has taken money from ... more
- Diana on Is this Buswell's last straw? Is it really necessary to hound Buswell, as will happen? He's broken, isn't that enough? more
- Monnie on Is this Buswell's last straw? Minor damage - modern bumpers are flimsy things held on by clips and fall off at the slightest bump. Give the guy a break more
- Paul Bowers on Is this Buswell's last straw? Both the Premier and Troy Buswell should stand down to maintain confidence in our government,there is an obvious cover-up. ... more
- Dellas on We're an overpriced backwater Yep, that's exactly what we are."Up-ourselves regardless".The tyranny of distance seems to have attracted many peoples from ... more
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Sarah Elliott on HPV vaccination debate Dellas, there is no way that previous vaccines would have caused any of your daughters conditions. Many anitvaxxers love to ... more
- Bron on HPV vaccination debate It saddens me to read the post about the mother who is now frightened for her daughter. This is Judy Wilymans agenda, to ... more
- Dellas on HPV vaccination debate This story has scared me.Not for myself but for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ... more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day Cont...Is this really about professional beggars? In the ABC news article "Perth business executives pose as homeless ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day It's a good thing that these "scum" (sarcasm), can't partake in sharing in quenching their thirst on the refreshing upmarket ... more
- boondog on $7m bill hard to swallow You state $7.24 million could pay for either 100 nurses or school staff, the $26 million used for the update and fit out of ... more
- paul on Racist assault caught on video listening to them sounds like they no him by stating he was blind girl in white laughing themselves dressed like skanks its ... more
- gwen ferry on Racist assault caught on video I find this odd, the fact that two well dressed young women, for no apparent reason, would start abusing an elderly ... more
Veterans' pathetic pensions
The Alliance of Defence Service Organisation is launching a campaign next week to highlight their anger towards the federal government and the ‘pathetic’ increase in retired veterans' pensions. Howard Sattler spoke to retired Air Vice Marshall Peter Criss about the issue.
Perhaps you should have told us, the ignorant public, about this before now?
Perhaps I could have helped my grandparents and my mother and siblings through their little "journey" through war. The aftermath, I think it's called.
Perhaps if I'd known, I could have saved myself and daughter by not marrying a Veteran of some war or conflict?
It's not about the money. It's the hurt.
Perhaps it's a little late to be coming out of the shed to garden and plant and assuage your own pain.
The generational damage has been done and no government, hind-sight or money will EVER fix it.Dellas Monday 23 July, 2012 - 9:49 PM
It was never the intent of ex-servicemen to be able to live on a 20 year service DFRDB pension whether in retirement or still under 60/65 years of age It was an individual choice to "retire" after 20 years and those who must work till age/service pension retirement must expect to pay tax on their DFRDB pensions. Incidentally as the DFRDB pension was accrued before any additional income, ex-servicemen should appreciate that any tax free thresholds apply to their DFRDB pension first and any additional income taxed at the marginal tax rates.jess Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 7:25 AM
Thanks 6PR for the support and for conducting and airing the interview with Peter Criss. I'm a 66-year old, ex-RAAF apprentice whose served 20 years after an initial engagement of 15 years from the age of 15 years. I gave my youth in military service to Australia and am a DFR(D)B recipient. I continue to work because I cannot live solely on my fully-taxed military retirement pay [DFR(D)B] that has just been increased by a mere pittance. Our treatment by the Australian Government is scandalous.Col Benson Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 10:26 PM
I note the PM was kin ypouir lpatch yesterday at the funeral lof the SAS Sergeant KIA kin Afghanistan. It is obscene for the pollies to turn up at these funerals. They say they are honouring the dead..what about honouring the living ex servicemen and women by giving us decent and FAIR indexation.Derek Roylance Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 8:22 AM
I had the distinct displeasure of hearing the comments of Wayne Swan on Brisbane radio speaking defence superannuation and trying to justify his own recent obscene pay rises. This grubby individual is a disgrace to the parliament and an embarrassment to all Australians. His double standards, hypocrisy, deceit and outright lies are an indication of his moral and ethical bankruptcy.Allan Essery Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 10:12 AM
Thanks 6PR for supporting the FairGo! campaign.
Thanks to Peter Criss for voicing these concerns.Rob Shortridge Friday 13 July, 2012 - 7:57 PM