- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Pointlessly poignant.
- Pain program scrapped
- Big business's big tax breaks
- Too expensive to fix?
- From asylum to surgeon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
- Abdullah on "She has no idea" The poor women, she should have kept her mouth shut.she does not know what she is talking about.Abdullah more
Veterans' pathetic pensions
The Alliance of Defence Service Organisation is launching a campaign next week to highlight their anger towards the federal government and the ‘pathetic’ increase in retired veterans' pensions. Howard Sattler spoke to retired Air Vice Marshall Peter Criss about the issue.
Perhaps you should have told us, the ignorant public, about this before now?
Perhaps I could have helped my grandparents and my mother and siblings through their little "journey" through war. The aftermath, I think it's called.
Perhaps if I'd known, I could have saved myself and daughter by not marrying a Veteran of some war or conflict?
It's not about the money. It's the hurt.
Perhaps it's a little late to be coming out of the shed to garden and plant and assuage your own pain.
The generational damage has been done and no government, hind-sight or money will EVER fix it.Dellas Monday 23 July, 2012 - 9:49 PM
It was never the intent of ex-servicemen to be able to live on a 20 year service DFRDB pension whether in retirement or still under 60/65 years of age It was an individual choice to "retire" after 20 years and those who must work till age/service pension retirement must expect to pay tax on their DFRDB pensions. Incidentally as the DFRDB pension was accrued before any additional income, ex-servicemen should appreciate that any tax free thresholds apply to their DFRDB pension first and any additional income taxed at the marginal tax rates.jess Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 7:25 AM
Thanks 6PR for the support and for conducting and airing the interview with Peter Criss. I'm a 66-year old, ex-RAAF apprentice whose served 20 years after an initial engagement of 15 years from the age of 15 years. I gave my youth in military service to Australia and am a DFR(D)B recipient. I continue to work because I cannot live solely on my fully-taxed military retirement pay [DFR(D)B] that has just been increased by a mere pittance. Our treatment by the Australian Government is scandalous.Col Benson Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 10:26 PM
I note the PM was kin ypouir lpatch yesterday at the funeral lof the SAS Sergeant KIA kin Afghanistan. It is obscene for the pollies to turn up at these funerals. They say they are honouring the dead..what about honouring the living ex servicemen and women by giving us decent and FAIR indexation.Derek Roylance Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 8:22 AM
I had the distinct displeasure of hearing the comments of Wayne Swan on Brisbane radio speaking defence superannuation and trying to justify his own recent obscene pay rises. This grubby individual is a disgrace to the parliament and an embarrassment to all Australians. His double standards, hypocrisy, deceit and outright lies are an indication of his moral and ethical bankruptcy.Allan Essery Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 10:12 AM
Thanks 6PR for supporting the FairGo! campaign.
Thanks to Peter Criss for voicing these concerns.Rob Shortridge Friday 13 July, 2012 - 7:57 PM