- Angry: SAf talkback reacts
- Canadian attack causes security beef up
- Studio hunts online pirates
- Video: Police storm Canadian Parliament
- Aussie murdered in Bali
- Plea to find Enoch Walsh
- Act will ensure amalgamations
- Skip breakfast and get skinny
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Dellas on Abbey's Project That "Abbey" gave consent to the Family Law Court to have contact with her father speaks tellingly about the nature of child ... more
- Dellas on PM's adviser backs burqa ban I hate to point out the obvious typo, Paul, but isn't Peta's surname spelt Cretin? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
Veterans' pathetic pensions
The Alliance of Defence Service Organisation is launching a campaign next week to highlight their anger towards the federal government and the ‘pathetic’ increase in retired veterans' pensions. Howard Sattler spoke to retired Air Vice Marshall Peter Criss about the issue.
Perhaps you should have told us, the ignorant public, about this before now?
Perhaps I could have helped my grandparents and my mother and siblings through their little "journey" through war. The aftermath, I think it's called.
Perhaps if I'd known, I could have saved myself and daughter by not marrying a Veteran of some war or conflict?
It's not about the money. It's the hurt.
Perhaps it's a little late to be coming out of the shed to garden and plant and assuage your own pain.
The generational damage has been done and no government, hind-sight or money will EVER fix it.Dellas Monday 23 July, 2012 - 9:49 PM
It was never the intent of ex-servicemen to be able to live on a 20 year service DFRDB pension whether in retirement or still under 60/65 years of age It was an individual choice to "retire" after 20 years and those who must work till age/service pension retirement must expect to pay tax on their DFRDB pensions. Incidentally as the DFRDB pension was accrued before any additional income, ex-servicemen should appreciate that any tax free thresholds apply to their DFRDB pension first and any additional income taxed at the marginal tax rates.jess Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 7:25 AM
Thanks 6PR for the support and for conducting and airing the interview with Peter Criss. I'm a 66-year old, ex-RAAF apprentice whose served 20 years after an initial engagement of 15 years from the age of 15 years. I gave my youth in military service to Australia and am a DFR(D)B recipient. I continue to work because I cannot live solely on my fully-taxed military retirement pay [DFR(D)B] that has just been increased by a mere pittance. Our treatment by the Australian Government is scandalous.Col Benson Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 10:26 PM
I note the PM was kin ypouir lpatch yesterday at the funeral lof the SAS Sergeant KIA kin Afghanistan. It is obscene for the pollies to turn up at these funerals. They say they are honouring the dead..what about honouring the living ex servicemen and women by giving us decent and FAIR indexation.Derek Roylance Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 8:22 AM
I had the distinct displeasure of hearing the comments of Wayne Swan on Brisbane radio speaking defence superannuation and trying to justify his own recent obscene pay rises. This grubby individual is a disgrace to the parliament and an embarrassment to all Australians. His double standards, hypocrisy, deceit and outright lies are an indication of his moral and ethical bankruptcy.Allan Essery Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 10:12 AM
Thanks 6PR for supporting the FairGo! campaign.
Thanks to Peter Criss for voicing these concerns.Rob Shortridge Friday 13 July, 2012 - 7:57 PM