- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- Pratt concedes defeat
- Nahan's budget warning
- 'Homophobic Bullock a set back'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
Veterans' pathetic pensions
The Alliance of Defence Service Organisation is launching a campaign next week to highlight their anger towards the federal government and the ‘pathetic’ increase in retired veterans' pensions. Howard Sattler spoke to retired Air Vice Marshall Peter Criss about the issue.
Perhaps you should have told us, the ignorant public, about this before now?
Perhaps I could have helped my grandparents and my mother and siblings through their little "journey" through war. The aftermath, I think it's called.
Perhaps if I'd known, I could have saved myself and daughter by not marrying a Veteran of some war or conflict?
It's not about the money. It's the hurt.
Perhaps it's a little late to be coming out of the shed to garden and plant and assuage your own pain.
The generational damage has been done and no government, hind-sight or money will EVER fix it.Dellas Monday 23 July, 2012 - 9:49 PM
It was never the intent of ex-servicemen to be able to live on a 20 year service DFRDB pension whether in retirement or still under 60/65 years of age It was an individual choice to "retire" after 20 years and those who must work till age/service pension retirement must expect to pay tax on their DFRDB pensions. Incidentally as the DFRDB pension was accrued before any additional income, ex-servicemen should appreciate that any tax free thresholds apply to their DFRDB pension first and any additional income taxed at the marginal tax rates.jess Saturday 21 July, 2012 - 7:25 AM
Thanks 6PR for the support and for conducting and airing the interview with Peter Criss. I'm a 66-year old, ex-RAAF apprentice whose served 20 years after an initial engagement of 15 years from the age of 15 years. I gave my youth in military service to Australia and am a DFR(D)B recipient. I continue to work because I cannot live solely on my fully-taxed military retirement pay [DFR(D)B] that has just been increased by a mere pittance. Our treatment by the Australian Government is scandalous.Col Benson Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 10:26 PM
I note the PM was kin ypouir lpatch yesterday at the funeral lof the SAS Sergeant KIA kin Afghanistan. It is obscene for the pollies to turn up at these funerals. They say they are honouring the dead..what about honouring the living ex servicemen and women by giving us decent and FAIR indexation.Derek Roylance Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 8:22 AM
I had the distinct displeasure of hearing the comments of Wayne Swan on Brisbane radio speaking defence superannuation and trying to justify his own recent obscene pay rises. This grubby individual is a disgrace to the parliament and an embarrassment to all Australians. His double standards, hypocrisy, deceit and outright lies are an indication of his moral and ethical bankruptcy.Allan Essery Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 10:12 AM
Thanks 6PR for supporting the FairGo! campaign.
Thanks to Peter Criss for voicing these concerns.Rob Shortridge Friday 13 July, 2012 - 7:57 PM