- Arrogance will end Hird's career
- Sun sets on Bluey's coaching
- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- Why is Perth so pricey
- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM