- Tempers flair in GST stand-off
- McGowan backs medical marijuana
- 'Criminal hypocrisy'
- MC's offensive rant at school quiz night
- Will price rise end your habit?
- Chisel's back!
- Darren's dazzling designs
- City to Surf Road Closures
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
- Peter Nel on On the lamb in Scarborough These animals look like goats,dressed in sheep clothing. more
- Jacky on On the lamb in Scarborough They're sheep, I haven't seen a goat with a long tail more
- justsomeguy,youknow on Is it time for full deregulation? If Sunday trading has been such a runaway success as it is why the need to change pay rates.Rhetorical question.Because it's ... more
- Carole Wynne on Foley murder raises ransom questions We should never pay ransom money no matter what terrorist are cowardly scum and giving them money will just encourage them ... more
- Carole Wynne on 'It's like child abuse': AMA Immunisation is personal choice not child abuse I had my kids immunised but I can understand why some parents don't and ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal In what arena of war and conflict have any of your sensitive male bloggers fought?And "Amanda" can bare her breasts and her ... more
- alex p on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal perhaps we should only recruit the SAS from the pure of heart, like priests and choir boys. I know who I would turn to in an ... more
- Kerry on Woof woof is this the end? I think a more appropriate headline would have read: Are the greyhounds dog gone? more
- James Redden on No friction between Palmer and Wang Why does 6pr constantly use the pseydenoum "Sir Rumor" every time they are fed lies from the liberal party. The bias is ... more
- Matthew on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal @ Jess get over it - these are trained killers, yes we train them to kill not to cuddle.Let the boys blow off some steam, ... more
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Chris on 'I have to keep my distance' Dear Carl, I absolutely feel the pain you are going through as a parent. I for one also have had to deal with the pain and ... more
- Dellas on Job ads: Indigenous only What's to know about Aboriginal or Indigenous employment? It's been in existence since 1984.Just ask Andrew Forrest's view ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM