- Hopes for Nalder
- 25c a day to eat your veggies
- QLD Liberal attacks shark policy
- Clubs WA want liquor changes
- How Apple shifts billions
- We're an overpriced backwater
- It was my first racist experience
- "Save Medicare" website launched
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Sarah Elliott on HPV vaccination debate Dellas, there is no way that previous vaccines would have caused any of your daughters conditions. Many anitvaxxers love to ... more
- Bron on HPV vaccination debate It saddens me to read the post about the mother who is now frightened for her daughter. This is Judy Wilymans agenda, to ... more
- Dellas on HPV vaccination debate This story has scared me.Not for myself but for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ... more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day Cont...Is this really about professional beggars? In the ABC news article "Perth business executives pose as homeless ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day It's a good thing that these "scum" (sarcasm), can't partake in sharing in quenching their thirst on the refreshing upmarket ... more
- boondog on $7m bill hard to swallow You state $7.24 million could pay for either 100 nurses or school staff, the $26 million used for the update and fit out of ... more
- paul on Racist assault caught on video listening to them sounds like they no him by stating he was blind girl in white laughing themselves dressed like skanks its ... more
- gwen ferry on Racist assault caught on video I find this odd, the fact that two well dressed young women, for no apparent reason, would start abusing an elderly ... more
- Diana on Racist assault caught on video News goes on to detail viewers concern for the kids onboard, rather than blind man. Let's keep his ordeal front and centre. more
- Gary on Racist assault caught on video The big mistake in all this was the man who threw the handbag out after their sorry ar**s. He should have taken it to the ... more
- Dellas on Beggars bagging $400 a day Oh, well, it pays to advertise.Perhaps, if it offends your precious sensibilities, just walk on by.And, Lisa Scaffidi, Colin ... more
- Craig on Beggars bagging $400 a day Lisa Scaffidi, stop hiding behind "there but for the grace of God go I". You behave like a spoilt brat, with far too much ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on $7m bill hard to swallow One would presume paying advance payments in a legal dispute, to attempt a settlement, would be like arming an enemy with ... more
- jennja on $7m bill hard to swallow This is typical of Mr Smirky, stand up and tell the people that everything is going up, people are being made redundant, ... more
- Julie on Coffee stopped Well done. I emailed Troy Buswell as he is the Minister and put a notation on my Facebook page. Shame to all that did this ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM