- Catch-and-kill "unnaceptable"
- Johnson's bouncer warning
- Holden out by 2017
- Groves murderer paroled
- New threat to live trade
- "Shark policy is a media stunt"
- Kite racers hit Perth
- Police arrest Bad Santa
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on "Shark policy is a media stunt" Of course this is a publicity stunt...Barnett and Buswell have little else to hang their hats on, so what better way to get ... more
- wayne on Trouble streaming 6PR? this was working very good before the changes ,I cannot get anything now even on chrome 6PR 3AW 4BC more
- Tamara on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Lets tag and monitor all predators from sharks to offenders of family violence. Make all predators wear tags to keep our ... more
- cagediving on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull lets do great white cage diving and shark feeding for tourism in the metro area. this tourism is very popular in south ... more
- Rob Wylde on Protesters urge 'no cull' policy There are over 300 comments on my FB page about the shark cull. Not one agrees.Is this government not listening again more
- Andrew on Granny mummies on the rise No surprise ....when you have a state government that has turned the thumbscrews on the populus and made the cost of living ... more
- Andrew on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull What a funny species we are....hundreds get killed on our roads every year and we don't bat a bloody eye lid because its ... more
- Chris on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Yea lets chum the waters 1km from swimming beaches with drum lines and hope the fishos get them before they get a swimmer, ... more
- Steve on Mental health woes exposed Hi PaulIt's puzzling how the council of official visitors have failed to acknowledge the mistreatment of residents living ... more
- Lucy Blundell on Gonski. WA funding disappears Sorry but does your opposition education spokesperson actually have a brain? Last time I looked WA hadn't signed up to ... more
- Andrew on Flight attendants fear insecticide Maybe thats what is behind all our politicians broken promises, all the frequent flying has affected their brain cells. more
- Andrew on Prepare for the worst Q .....what plans has Colin Barnett or which ever minister is responsible put in place? My guess would be none as most plans ... more
- Tricia on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am in love with Kent - please don't let him go !!!!!! more
- marilyn on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I love listening to millsy every morning and i am looking forward to Basil joining him,anyone who says Basil has no ... more
- Andrew on Our loss is Brisbane's win Is it any wonder this state is seen as backwards. Once again another case of Barnetts folly but then again we are talking ... more
- Dellas on The Life of Nelson Mandela Who deserves be Australia's representative at this face of freedom, Nelson Mandela's, funeral?No-one.We're too busy turning ... more
- Andrew on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Honestly 6PR what are you thinking? more
- Maureen on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 If Kent goes so do I. The Breakfast Show will not be the same. I'm sorry Millsy I love your show but not if Basil is going ... more
- Matt on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I won't be tuning into breakfast anymore when Basil joins. It's been great listening to Millsy and Kent, but I will be ... more
- What's going on on Bathtub protest halts logging This industry is unsustainable both financially and ecologically. Logging runs at a loss for the state. We the tax payers ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM