- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM