- Not so Glorious walk off
- Mother's plea over cannabis
- Harvey targets suburban hoons
- "You can't change Jaqui Lambie"
- I wish he would just pay up
- "Are you well hung?"
- Am I cautious or obsessive?
- Children victims in adult conflict
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
- Dellas on Sheep shearing Terror Fair Dinkum, I always thought that shearing was a skill, a craft, a art, a profession and that shearer's were the epitome of ... more
- tessata on Thorpe's admission ignites debate Ian Thorpe is a wonderful athlete and has a kind and loving personality I'm sure.But lets be honest its the Media that have ... more
- Karen on Mum's disgust at S**t van Why don't these numbskulls think of a slogan for impotency, they obviously know about it first hand. more
- Jean Jockey on Mum's disgust at S**t van WE saw a Wicked Camper at Broome, it had "If an animal bled for 3 days once a month you would shoot it!" painted on the ... more
- Chris on Naughty corner is naughty What a load of C**PIt is as plain as the nose on your face that children have become more and more obnoxious, rebellious and ... more
- Michelle on Sheep shearing Terror Are you kidding me!!!! No more meat ,no more wool....I hate seeing this, in our own country makes me even sicker. more
- Kevin Briant on Sheep shearing Terror Sure some action by some shearers in your forage was very wrong,but be looking at the film several times I am of the opinion ... more
- Shane on Harsher Penalties for Drivers Wednesday night, I was awoken by the familiar sound of hooning followed by the sound of a crash. Then another familiarity a ... more
- Joylene Dodman on Naughty corner is naughty In a school removing a child temporarily is necessary to allow the child to calm down. Naughty corners went out in the 80s. ... more
- tessata on Court stalls turn-back policy would the media and some sections of the govt. prefer to go back to seeing the boats coming in every day. The churches say ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM