- Is this Perth's biggest lemon?
- I'll take it day by day
- Police monitor WA radicals
- Wealthy push welfare shake-up
- AFL needs a sin bin
- Pearson spat splits team
- Councils rate rise fury
- I just called him a 'coward'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Marney on Councils rate rise fury Hey nice one Peter about your comment on the rates prizes at Stirling City Council.... you say you would have preferred the ... more
- eve fisher on That's one tough koala Loved the story about the Koala Bear, I could not stop laughing, not apologising, because we NEED more FUNNY STORIES and we ... more
- Ronda on Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead Go Lisa. A past student of mine. more
- talie on Sue's Tour Highlights To Gary - the long canal and fountains are Peterhof outside of St Petersburg. Summer holiday palace. Even on a grey day it ... more
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM