- The Great Baz Lurhmann
- Being sad is OK
- Mars vs Venus battle continues
- Kids vulnerable to betting ads
- Bomber stabbed, hospitalised
- Possible ban on unvaccinated kids
- Oaklahoma latest
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lynne Foreman on We'll sign NDIS on our terms I am a disabled adult I am so excited that DisabilityCare Australia (NDIS) is on its way it means I now can choice to move ... more
- Matt on Would you vote for this guy? Clive will have my backing, he is a breath of fresh air, not beholden to financial powers that milk the public every which ... more
- Alec Strachan on Graham Mabury's top award A worthy recipient indeed.. Well done Graham, your blood is worth bottling.. Al more
- Mick on Your suburb, your voice Colin Barnett, cut every thing to the bone for the average and needy. But large increases for your cronies and the wealthy. ... more
- Dellas on Government staff pay rises Never thought Dixie Marshall would/could be bought to become nothing more than a cash cow.I thought a lot of her as a woman ... more
- wayne bishop on Butt out yeah right increase the prices more to pay the govt. debt so the govt. can waste and blow away more money and the govt. ... more
- Kevin Boyle on Would you vote for this guy? Go Clive, you got my vote, its about time that someone stands and says it for what it is !!!!we work to hard to be treated ... more
- Mei-Lee Morris on Asbestos awareness walk Hey Guys!! Well done!! Keep up the good work!!! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!!! more
- Johnny on Foreign aid delay If bob carr stopped wasting millions on traveling around the world they might be able to pay the foreign aid !! Do they ... more
- Dellas on We'll sign NDIS on our terms Western Australia. The richest, yet most draconian State in the country.Colin Barnett, Helen Morton and Troy, ... more
- sherley dionne on Engelbert Humperdinck engelbert,you are (TU EST D,UN AUTRE MONDE)GENTLEMEN,CHARISME EXTRAORDINAIRE,GREAT TALENT,BEAUTÃ? DIVINE ,LOVE YOUR ... more
- Kylie Welsh on We'll sign NDIS on our terms NDIS - I am a mother of an 8 yr old boy who was born with Spastic Quadraplegia Cerebral Palsy. He is non verbal, fed through ... more
- steve thornton on We'll sign NDIS on our terms In Victoria the state government signed up and then raised my disabled sons rent by 27% the next day. more
- Dellas on Horse racing has a problem When one looks at it in a cold logical light, horses really have no place in the modern world, do they?Except for greedy, ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Just one question where is all the money from the mining boom ??? more
- Johnny on Broken promises unacceptable Lets have a recall election that might keep the mongrels honest !! more
- Peter on Broken promises unacceptable Good article the only error is that Larry calls it a stadium, where in actual fact it should be called "Colin's Colosseum" more
- Luc Del Casale on More boats To those that are refering to the Malaysian solution, if you actually read the policy that sends 800 illegals for 4000 ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Barnett should stand down he is not fit to run this state he is like Gillard over spent cant manage the money wants to build ... more
- jacques v on Referendum on local council Since local govt are not recognized in the Australian constitution, why has the states included local govt in their ... more
Two dead in horrific car crash
A taxi driver and his British tourist passenger are dead following a car crash in Welshpool early this morning. The accident happened at around 2am this morning when an allegedly stolen 4WD slammed into the taxi. The driver of the 4WD was taken to hospital.
The driver of the four-wheel-drive has been arrested and is understood to have suffered a broken leg and is in hospital.
The vehicle is believed to have been stolen several days ago and had been used in burglaries and ram raids.
It is understood police have video taken from the police helicopter and police have started a police internal investigation.
Major crash investigators have moved the vehicles and placed them on the road at the point of impact.
It appears the taxi was driving west along Leach Highway away from the airport and the four-wheel-drive was travelling south along Orrong Road.
The taxi was hit on the driver's side.
Police Press Release
Internal Affairs Unit and Major Crash officers are investigating a fatal crash that occurred at about 2.00am this morning which involved a vehicle that police had earlier attempted to stop.
Officers had attempted to stop the vehicle, it failed to stop and officers engaged in a pursuit.
The pursuit was aborted and the vehicle was monitored by the Police Air Wing.
The vehicle was seen by air wing officers to crash into a taxi at the corner of Orrong Roadand Leach Highway, and ground units were sent to the scene.
The two people in the taxi died as a result of the crash.The driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
We’re asking anyone who has information regarding this crash is asked to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000
Sharks attaching people have no idea they are "doing wrong", but a recent statistical blip in the death rate has resulted in an order to destroy any sharks that venture too close to humans in their territory. I do agree with destroying vermin, such as wild dogs, that knowingly threaten humans, particularly in urban areas. If society disapproves destroying any life, such as a Buddhist society, I would condone confining such animals indefinitely to cages. The best scientific advice is that in most cases sharks probably mistake victims for seals and are not repeat offenders. However wild dogs will attack for no reason and will repeat the behavior with increased frequency until caught and destroyed or confined.
Oops, am I writing in the wrong column?M Jones Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 5:02 PM
I used to drive a taxi and gave it up 4 years ago. Every morning when I started work I had a prayer that I finish the shift and come back to my wife and kids. This accident is the absolute nightmare of every taxi driver, as there is nothing drivers can do about it. I am a medical student and I know how hard it is to become a doctor so for this tourist to spend many years to become a doctor of physics and for someone to take it all away in a second it is not fair at all.Khalil Saturday 20 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM
Enough is enough of innocent lives being taken by these low lifes who flaunt the law.
Lets hope the judicial system makes an example of this guy and impose a very harsh sentence.Reg Claybrook Friday 19 October, 2012 - 10:27 AM
My heart goes out to the families of the two people that were killed this morning.
I dont know what the answer is to those that are stealing these vehicles but they must bring harsher penalties in to stop these terrible things that are occuring in Perth. Its getting out of control.
Maybe the Government should look at overseas laws like Singapore and put them in place here as they dont seem to have much trouble over there. We are a country of softies and good law abiding citizens suffer the consequences.P Carswell Friday 19 October, 2012 - 8:58 AM