- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
The Rights of Girls Initiative
This year three million very young girls will suffer lifetime damage through 'cutting'; the removal of parts of their genitals. The Rights of Girls Initiative has been launched in Australia to help save young African girls from this dreadful fate. The Initiative's spokesperson, Toni Fitzgerald, spoke to Howard Sattler.
For more information or to donate click here.
I've just heard your telephone interview on this barbaric matter - it made me feel so awful that I immediately went to the website and donated $100 to help this cause.
Thanks Howard for bringing topics like this to everybody's attention and for encouraging your listeners to donate a small amount of money to make a difference. Keep up the great work!Andy Robert Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Toni must have had her head in the sand all these years (I mean, hasn't every woman read Waris Daris "Desert Flower"?) to say, "I'd this vague notion...of this going on": let alone going to a 3rd world African country without first doing some research.
"This" has been going on for centuries and if you think, Toni, a $25 goat will stop this practise, you are seriously deluded.
Sweetheart, they'll take your goat, sign your contract, talk the talk and continue to do the same old, same old.
You're lucky, I think, that you had some serious cash and backup in your bag, along with assurances of more to come, that you got out of there with your life and mouth intact.Dellas Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:13 PM
i also heard this interview and it made me so sad to hear what is being done to these little girls,i will buy four goats to try and save 4 littles girls from this shameful practiseroz Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:27 AM
I heard this interview this afternoon and couldn't wait to get home and look up the site. I am horrified something like this happens today. This is disgusting, good on Toni for starting something to stop this. I have donated 10 goats to save 10 girls...10 girls lives for only $250...priceless. I encourage everyone to donate just $25 will make a huge difference. I will never be the same after hearing this interview. Thank you Howard for bringing this to my attentionMaria Messiter Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 5:51 PM