- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
The Rights of Girls Initiative
This year three million very young girls will suffer lifetime damage through 'cutting'; the removal of parts of their genitals. The Rights of Girls Initiative has been launched in Australia to help save young African girls from this dreadful fate. The Initiative's spokesperson, Toni Fitzgerald, spoke to Howard Sattler.
For more information or to donate click here.
I've just heard your telephone interview on this barbaric matter - it made me feel so awful that I immediately went to the website and donated $100 to help this cause.
Thanks Howard for bringing topics like this to everybody's attention and for encouraging your listeners to donate a small amount of money to make a difference. Keep up the great work!Andy Robert Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Toni must have had her head in the sand all these years (I mean, hasn't every woman read Waris Daris "Desert Flower"?) to say, "I'd this vague notion...of this going on": let alone going to a 3rd world African country without first doing some research.
"This" has been going on for centuries and if you think, Toni, a $25 goat will stop this practise, you are seriously deluded.
Sweetheart, they'll take your goat, sign your contract, talk the talk and continue to do the same old, same old.
You're lucky, I think, that you had some serious cash and backup in your bag, along with assurances of more to come, that you got out of there with your life and mouth intact.Dellas Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:13 PM
i also heard this interview and it made me so sad to hear what is being done to these little girls,i will buy four goats to try and save 4 littles girls from this shameful practiseroz Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:27 AM
I heard this interview this afternoon and couldn't wait to get home and look up the site. I am horrified something like this happens today. This is disgusting, good on Toni for starting something to stop this. I have donated 10 goats to save 10 girls...10 girls lives for only $250...priceless. I encourage everyone to donate just $25 will make a huge difference. I will never be the same after hearing this interview. Thank you Howard for bringing this to my attentionMaria Messiter Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 5:51 PM