- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- Why is Perth so pricey
- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Pointlessly poignant.
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
The Rights of Girls Initiative
This year three million very young girls will suffer lifetime damage through 'cutting'; the removal of parts of their genitals. The Rights of Girls Initiative has been launched in Australia to help save young African girls from this dreadful fate. The Initiative's spokesperson, Toni Fitzgerald, spoke to Howard Sattler.
For more information or to donate click here.
I've just heard your telephone interview on this barbaric matter - it made me feel so awful that I immediately went to the website and donated $100 to help this cause.
Thanks Howard for bringing topics like this to everybody's attention and for encouraging your listeners to donate a small amount of money to make a difference. Keep up the great work!Andy Robert Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Toni must have had her head in the sand all these years (I mean, hasn't every woman read Waris Daris "Desert Flower"?) to say, "I'd this vague notion...of this going on": let alone going to a 3rd world African country without first doing some research.
"This" has been going on for centuries and if you think, Toni, a $25 goat will stop this practise, you are seriously deluded.
Sweetheart, they'll take your goat, sign your contract, talk the talk and continue to do the same old, same old.
You're lucky, I think, that you had some serious cash and backup in your bag, along with assurances of more to come, that you got out of there with your life and mouth intact.Dellas Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:13 PM
i also heard this interview and it made me so sad to hear what is being done to these little girls,i will buy four goats to try and save 4 littles girls from this shameful practiseroz Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:27 AM
I heard this interview this afternoon and couldn't wait to get home and look up the site. I am horrified something like this happens today. This is disgusting, good on Toni for starting something to stop this. I have donated 10 goats to save 10 girls...10 girls lives for only $250...priceless. I encourage everyone to donate just $25 will make a huge difference. I will never be the same after hearing this interview. Thank you Howard for bringing this to my attentionMaria Messiter Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 5:51 PM