- Will price rise end your habit?
- Chisel's back!
- Darren's dazzling designs
- City to Surf Road Closures
- Fighting for Kira
- Scared to leave her home
- 6PR's Future of Footy Forum
- Premier Colin Barnett
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
- Peter Nel on On the lamb in Scarborough These animals look like goats,dressed in sheep clothing. more
- Jacky on On the lamb in Scarborough They're sheep, I haven't seen a goat with a long tail more
- justsomeguy,youknow on Is it time for full deregulation? If Sunday trading has been such a runaway success as it is why the need to change pay rates.Rhetorical question.Because it's ... more
- Carole Wynne on Foley murder raises ransom questions We should never pay ransom money no matter what terrorist are cowardly scum and giving them money will just encourage them ... more
- Carole Wynne on 'It's like child abuse': AMA Immunisation is personal choice not child abuse I had my kids immunised but I can understand why some parents don't and ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal In what arena of war and conflict have any of your sensitive male bloggers fought?And "Amanda" can bare her breasts and her ... more
- alex p on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal perhaps we should only recruit the SAS from the pure of heart, like priests and choir boys. I know who I would turn to in an ... more
- Kerry on Woof woof is this the end? I think a more appropriate headline would have read: Are the greyhounds dog gone? more
- James Redden on No friction between Palmer and Wang Why does 6pr constantly use the pseydenoum "Sir Rumor" every time they are fed lies from the liberal party. The bias is ... more
- Matthew on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal @ Jess get over it - these are trained killers, yes we train them to kill not to cuddle.Let the boys blow off some steam, ... more
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Chris on 'I have to keep my distance' Dear Carl, I absolutely feel the pain you are going through as a parent. I for one also have had to deal with the pain and ... more
- Dellas on Job ads: Indigenous only What's to know about Aboriginal or Indigenous employment? It's been in existence since 1984.Just ask Andrew Forrest's view ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
- Jess on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal I think it is disgraceful they have been able to do this in a work location. If they want skimpys or strippers they should ... more
The Rights of Girls Initiative
This year three million very young girls will suffer lifetime damage through 'cutting'; the removal of parts of their genitals. The Rights of Girls Initiative has been launched in Australia to help save young African girls from this dreadful fate. The Initiative's spokesperson, Toni Fitzgerald, spoke to Howard Sattler.
For more information or to donate click here.
I've just heard your telephone interview on this barbaric matter - it made me feel so awful that I immediately went to the website and donated $100 to help this cause.
Thanks Howard for bringing topics like this to everybody's attention and for encouraging your listeners to donate a small amount of money to make a difference. Keep up the great work!Andy Robert Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Toni must have had her head in the sand all these years (I mean, hasn't every woman read Waris Daris "Desert Flower"?) to say, "I'd this vague notion...of this going on": let alone going to a 3rd world African country without first doing some research.
"This" has been going on for centuries and if you think, Toni, a $25 goat will stop this practise, you are seriously deluded.
Sweetheart, they'll take your goat, sign your contract, talk the talk and continue to do the same old, same old.
You're lucky, I think, that you had some serious cash and backup in your bag, along with assurances of more to come, that you got out of there with your life and mouth intact.Dellas Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:13 PM
i also heard this interview and it made me so sad to hear what is being done to these little girls,i will buy four goats to try and save 4 littles girls from this shameful practiseroz Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:27 AM
I heard this interview this afternoon and couldn't wait to get home and look up the site. I am horrified something like this happens today. This is disgusting, good on Toni for starting something to stop this. I have donated 10 goats to save 10 girls...10 girls lives for only $250...priceless. I encourage everyone to donate just $25 will make a huge difference. I will never be the same after hearing this interview. Thank you Howard for bringing this to my attentionMaria Messiter Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 5:51 PM