- Hopes for Nalder
- 25c a day to eat your veggies
- QLD Liberal attacks shark policy
- Clubs WA want liquor changes
- How Apple shifts billions
- We're an overpriced backwater
- It was my first racist experience
- "Save Medicare" website launched
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Sarah Elliott on HPV vaccination debate Dellas, there is no way that previous vaccines would have caused any of your daughters conditions. Many anitvaxxers love to ... more
- Bron on HPV vaccination debate It saddens me to read the post about the mother who is now frightened for her daughter. This is Judy Wilymans agenda, to ... more
- Dellas on HPV vaccination debate This story has scared me.Not for myself but for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ... more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day Cont...Is this really about professional beggars? In the ABC news article "Perth business executives pose as homeless ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day It's a good thing that these "scum" (sarcasm), can't partake in sharing in quenching their thirst on the refreshing upmarket ... more
- boondog on $7m bill hard to swallow You state $7.24 million could pay for either 100 nurses or school staff, the $26 million used for the update and fit out of ... more
- paul on Racist assault caught on video listening to them sounds like they no him by stating he was blind girl in white laughing themselves dressed like skanks its ... more
- gwen ferry on Racist assault caught on video I find this odd, the fact that two well dressed young women, for no apparent reason, would start abusing an elderly ... more
- Diana on Racist assault caught on video News goes on to detail viewers concern for the kids onboard, rather than blind man. Let's keep his ordeal front and centre. more
- Gary on Racist assault caught on video The big mistake in all this was the man who threw the handbag out after their sorry ar**s. He should have taken it to the ... more
- Dellas on Beggars bagging $400 a day Oh, well, it pays to advertise.Perhaps, if it offends your precious sensibilities, just walk on by.And, Lisa Scaffidi, Colin ... more
- Craig on Beggars bagging $400 a day Lisa Scaffidi, stop hiding behind "there but for the grace of God go I". You behave like a spoilt brat, with far too much ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on $7m bill hard to swallow One would presume paying advance payments in a legal dispute, to attempt a settlement, would be like arming an enemy with ... more
- jennja on $7m bill hard to swallow This is typical of Mr Smirky, stand up and tell the people that everything is going up, people are being made redundant, ... more
- Julie on Coffee stopped Well done. I emailed Troy Buswell as he is the Minister and put a notation on my Facebook page. Shame to all that did this ... more
The Rights of Girls Initiative
This year three million very young girls will suffer lifetime damage through 'cutting'; the removal of parts of their genitals. The Rights of Girls Initiative has been launched in Australia to help save young African girls from this dreadful fate. The Initiative's spokesperson, Toni Fitzgerald, spoke to Howard Sattler.
For more information or to donate click here.
I've just heard your telephone interview on this barbaric matter - it made me feel so awful that I immediately went to the website and donated $100 to help this cause.
Thanks Howard for bringing topics like this to everybody's attention and for encouraging your listeners to donate a small amount of money to make a difference. Keep up the great work!Andy Robert Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:47 PM
Toni must have had her head in the sand all these years (I mean, hasn't every woman read Waris Daris "Desert Flower"?) to say, "I'd this vague notion...of this going on": let alone going to a 3rd world African country without first doing some research.
"This" has been going on for centuries and if you think, Toni, a $25 goat will stop this practise, you are seriously deluded.
Sweetheart, they'll take your goat, sign your contract, talk the talk and continue to do the same old, same old.
You're lucky, I think, that you had some serious cash and backup in your bag, along with assurances of more to come, that you got out of there with your life and mouth intact.Dellas Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 3:13 PM
i also heard this interview and it made me so sad to hear what is being done to these little girls,i will buy four goats to try and save 4 littles girls from this shameful practiseroz Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 8:27 AM
I heard this interview this afternoon and couldn't wait to get home and look up the site. I am horrified something like this happens today. This is disgusting, good on Toni for starting something to stop this. I have donated 10 goats to save 10 girls...10 girls lives for only $250...priceless. I encourage everyone to donate just $25 will make a huge difference. I will never be the same after hearing this interview. Thank you Howard for bringing this to my attentionMaria Messiter Tuesday 18 September, 2012 - 5:51 PM