- Work for the dole plan
- John Paul Young crashes Karaoke
- Escapee adds Acacia to record
- Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead
- Battlestar Galactic's Jamie Bamber
- WA director hits it big
- Sue's Tour Highlights
- Perth needs to grow up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
The mean streets of Fremantle
An increase in violent and drunken behaviour on the streets of Fremantle has caused several small businesses to call for more police help. Paul Murray spoke Tim Milsom who is the CEO of the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce.
Fremantle has its myriad problems amidst its myriad hopes, because the bent was on an extensive night culture, the bent was to make it unruly, wild and woolly, soliciting a particular type of attitude and behaviour - nightclubs, pubs, drinking and hooning, the problems emanate from the nightclubs and the pubs that go long into the early morning hours - where folk are wasted, agitated by excessive consumption of alcohol - the town authorities are just as responsible for this as are those who seek to make a quid out of inebriation and hoon like behaviour.
The critical mass of an extensive nightclub and drinking club culture is bigger than little Fremantle can cope with - the wear and tear on the little town has long been evident. Fremantle should never have been dumped into larger than life expectations, more than it can cope with. Hillary's knows its limits so should Fremantle. I've watched Fremantle go downhill over the years, much to my disappointment.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 2 July, 2012 - 10:01 PM
What's a "stake/steak -holder" in a community? Keep it simple.
Not that I live in Fremantle, but Tim Milsom, begs the question in respect of an old Freo. How long has he been here?...
Along with all the other people from "Britain" who seem to have recolonised Australia from their failing and frail economies.
CEO's, Heads of this, heads of that, Members of Parliament, radio and TV hosts, commercials.
Their voices are doing my head in. Where's ours? Along with the Asian and African people who didn't come here to make a quick buck and then go "home".Dellas Monday 2 July, 2012 - 9:43 PM