- The Life of Nelson Mandela
- Banking On Our Art
- Booragoon Vitality
- DivaLicious for Christmas
- Striking a Chord in Kwinana
- Having trouble streaming 6PR?
- New app helps direct help
- Prison manager hoarding drugs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
- Hardman on Violence on the streets This has been happening on Perth Streets for years.BUTUnless the Victim or Perp is High Profile or the injuries are Fatal or ... more
- Andrew on Demetriou denies Hird deal Demetriou was an ordinary player and he continues in that vain as head of the AFL he has done more to harm the game than ... more
- Andrew on Cuts impact disabled students This is a disgrace and the culprit is Colin Barnett who has shown he sees no value in supporting education or those who work ... more
- David on Department abandoned me OMG Linda your plight is the same as mine . I too worked for DCS and as you spoke it was like I was in your shoes. I too ... more
- Andrew on Violence on the streets The sooner these gutless wonders are caught the better and lets start getting tough on these cowardly thugs. No more slap ... more
- Chris on Morrison slams Labor This mob of hypocrites damning Labor for doing what they did for the last 3 years but somehow it's not right when it's done ... more
- Dellas on Photo ban at kids sport Actually, Andrew, we are not in decline."Rock-spiders" have always existed.I am sorry that you live in a world of total ... more
- cath on Department abandoned me The Department and Risk Cover is a big Joke..Prev Head of Correctional Services walks away with a big fat payout, I'm one ... more
- Dellas on Bathtub protest halts logging A Bathtub on tree with a man in it!Please give me more of these so-called random acts of anarchy.When a tree falls in the ... more
- foo1 on Department abandoned me I was absolutely shocked to hear about the ordeal that this poor woman has suffered at the hands of a few heartless ... more
- Dellas on We've struggled in WA Why did it cost my sister an acceptable $107.00 to send a box containing all of the boxed Limited Edition Gumnut Babies ... more
- Andrew on We've struggled in WA Don't they know it's the festive season? They've only had 11 months to prepare for hiring extra staff. more
The mean streets of Fremantle
An increase in violent and drunken behaviour on the streets of Fremantle has caused several small businesses to call for more police help. Paul Murray spoke Tim Milsom who is the CEO of the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce.
Fremantle has its myriad problems amidst its myriad hopes, because the bent was on an extensive night culture, the bent was to make it unruly, wild and woolly, soliciting a particular type of attitude and behaviour - nightclubs, pubs, drinking and hooning, the problems emanate from the nightclubs and the pubs that go long into the early morning hours - where folk are wasted, agitated by excessive consumption of alcohol - the town authorities are just as responsible for this as are those who seek to make a quid out of inebriation and hoon like behaviour.
The critical mass of an extensive nightclub and drinking club culture is bigger than little Fremantle can cope with - the wear and tear on the little town has long been evident. Fremantle should never have been dumped into larger than life expectations, more than it can cope with. Hillary's knows its limits so should Fremantle. I've watched Fremantle go downhill over the years, much to my disappointment.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 2 July, 2012 - 10:01 PM
What's a "stake/steak -holder" in a community? Keep it simple.
Not that I live in Fremantle, but Tim Milsom, begs the question in respect of an old Freo. How long has he been here?...
Along with all the other people from "Britain" who seem to have recolonised Australia from their failing and frail economies.
CEO's, Heads of this, heads of that, Members of Parliament, radio and TV hosts, commercials.
Their voices are doing my head in. Where's ours? Along with the Asian and African people who didn't come here to make a quick buck and then go "home".Dellas Monday 2 July, 2012 - 9:43 PM