- Refugee happily pays it back
- Karl O'Callaghan's address
- Life for Jill Meagher's killer
- Tough stance needed on alcohol
- Protest forces QANTAS lock out
- Hawks say WC Still Premiership Threat
- Mzungu Makes it to 50
- Curry secret to Alzheimer's test
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gerry Georgatos on Who do we really trust? Trust those who volunteer, for instance volunteer retirees who build children's wheelchairs and donate them around the ... more
- cool free nude teen clips video on Furor over Justice Centre location Howdy! I just wish to offer you a big thumbs up for your great information you have got right here on this post.I am ... more
- Dellas on Furor over Justice Centre location That land off Lord Street is an extremely wrong place to put intellectually disabled offenders, given it's history.Or do we ... more
- claude on Demons sack Neeld Melb need to completely rid them selves of Schwab and Connolly .They guided Freo to many dark years and then did the same ... more
- Diggo on Furor over Justice Centre location How do you consult on this?Do you look at all the potential sites in the Metro area and have a huge workshop inviting ... more
- Dellas on All poll point to Rudd Latest opinion poll run by Nielsen contracted by Fairfax.Need I say more? more
- Matt of Lockridge on Furor over Justice Centre location With the Lord Street site, it's just down the road from the existing Women's Prison (Bandyup) and I don't get what the huge ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on Demons sack Neeld Would Neil Craig be minding the post for Chris Connolly to resume from his suspension?Chris as List Manager, with Cameron ... more
- ken on PM's gender attack criticised Oh dear, I think the comments above are called shooting the messenger.In fact this minority government has been very good at ... more
- david on Demons sack Neeld about time, bring on jeff kenett,get hard line management happening.gary lyon needs to stay away from the club, too much ... more
- Alan on 24/7 Cop shop Armadale priority Armadale, and most metro stations already operate 24/7. Just because the front counter isn't open doesn't mean it isn't ... more
- harry on PM's gender attack criticised I have never seen an Australian PM as divisive as Julia Gillard. She and her team should be focusing on running the country ... more
- Steve on Fine dodgers clogging prisons and what percentage are waiting to have their case heard before the court? You may find that the backlog is similar to the ... more
- Steve on Jobs to go Why then does the Premier need expensive offices to work from when he is hardly ever there and most consultation should be ... more
- Steve on Furor over Justice Centre location Why are they not sent to Rottnest and kept away from law abiding citizens? Surely there can be zoning restriction keeping ... more
- Terry gosling on $10m gift to Dockers 10 million contribution for fremantle new stadium is so excessive.What about homeless people of Perth.Eduucation cutbacks, ... more
- Terry Rogers on Jobs to go I am not a fan of Colin Barnett or the current Liberal government, they have squandered the states inheritance, however, I ... more
- Glenn on Fine dodgers clogging prisons It really is a disgrace to have parking fine dodgers in prison. How much sense does it make to spend many many multiples of ... more
- Laura on Furor over Justice Centre location I think it is outrageous to suggest building a home for the criminally insane next to a highschool. Or to suggest that ... more
- Liz on Cuts to public jobs What a selfish, egotistical little man! How DARE he give his own staff pay rises and then sack hard working people who ... more
The mean streets of Fremantle
An increase in violent and drunken behaviour on the streets of Fremantle has caused several small businesses to call for more police help. Paul Murray spoke Tim Milsom who is the CEO of the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce.
Fremantle has its myriad problems amidst its myriad hopes, because the bent was on an extensive night culture, the bent was to make it unruly, wild and woolly, soliciting a particular type of attitude and behaviour - nightclubs, pubs, drinking and hooning, the problems emanate from the nightclubs and the pubs that go long into the early morning hours - where folk are wasted, agitated by excessive consumption of alcohol - the town authorities are just as responsible for this as are those who seek to make a quid out of inebriation and hoon like behaviour.
The critical mass of an extensive nightclub and drinking club culture is bigger than little Fremantle can cope with - the wear and tear on the little town has long been evident. Fremantle should never have been dumped into larger than life expectations, more than it can cope with. Hillary's knows its limits so should Fremantle. I've watched Fremantle go downhill over the years, much to my disappointment.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 2 July, 2012 - 10:01 PM
What's a "stake/steak -holder" in a community? Keep it simple.
Not that I live in Fremantle, but Tim Milsom, begs the question in respect of an old Freo. How long has he been here?...
Along with all the other people from "Britain" who seem to have recolonised Australia from their failing and frail economies.
CEO's, Heads of this, heads of that, Members of Parliament, radio and TV hosts, commercials.
Their voices are doing my head in. Where's ours? Along with the Asian and African people who didn't come here to make a quick buck and then go "home".Dellas Monday 2 July, 2012 - 9:43 PM