- Simpson pulls Freo plug
- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- Pratt concedes defeat
- Nahan's budget warning
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
The mean streets of Fremantle
An increase in violent and drunken behaviour on the streets of Fremantle has caused several small businesses to call for more police help. Paul Murray spoke Tim Milsom who is the CEO of the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce.
Fremantle has its myriad problems amidst its myriad hopes, because the bent was on an extensive night culture, the bent was to make it unruly, wild and woolly, soliciting a particular type of attitude and behaviour - nightclubs, pubs, drinking and hooning, the problems emanate from the nightclubs and the pubs that go long into the early morning hours - where folk are wasted, agitated by excessive consumption of alcohol - the town authorities are just as responsible for this as are those who seek to make a quid out of inebriation and hoon like behaviour.
The critical mass of an extensive nightclub and drinking club culture is bigger than little Fremantle can cope with - the wear and tear on the little town has long been evident. Fremantle should never have been dumped into larger than life expectations, more than it can cope with. Hillary's knows its limits so should Fremantle. I've watched Fremantle go downhill over the years, much to my disappointment.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 2 July, 2012 - 10:01 PM
What's a "stake/steak -holder" in a community? Keep it simple.
Not that I live in Fremantle, but Tim Milsom, begs the question in respect of an old Freo. How long has he been here?...
Along with all the other people from "Britain" who seem to have recolonised Australia from their failing and frail economies.
CEO's, Heads of this, heads of that, Members of Parliament, radio and TV hosts, commercials.
Their voices are doing my head in. Where's ours? Along with the Asian and African people who didn't come here to make a quick buck and then go "home".Dellas Monday 2 July, 2012 - 9:43 PM