- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
The hypocrites on the hill
Paul Murray Editorial: When politicians set aside political differences to find a solution to a humanitarian problem you get exactly what happened yesterday in Canberra. Hypocrisy, politicking and tears. Paul Murray takes aim at the worst offenders.
Paul - you are absolutely spot on. Every year there are one or two refused illegal refugees that commit self harm and the Greens go balistic but they are strangely silent about the hundreds that drown.
The world is upside down.Peter of Darwin Monday 2 July, 2012 - 5:04 PM
At least 17 convicted Indonesian people smugglers have been released from prison and returned to Indonesia. People smuggling is what they do so now that they have been freed after being convicted of a crime there is no mystery to what they will do. The release was a direct result of instructions by Gillard and Roxon. They were released from WA. About 50pc of WA population growth last year was represented by immigrants. The UN is in Indonesia. The boats are coming from Indonesia. The UN is controlling both sides of parliament. The government and the opposition refused to bring the king pin to justice, they let him leave the country, they refuse to revoke his visa or entry status. There are currently about 91,000, 457 temporary work visas in Australia. This is the highest it has ever been. There are plans to double that number. The refugee boats overturn after Australia has been notified and in calm waters. The boats come immediately before the annual break up of parliament. Crocodile tears on all sides. THIS IS A SCAM. THIS IS TREASON. THIS IS A RABID ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LONGTERM VIABILITY OF AUSTRALIA AND THE SHORT AND LONGTERM ECONOMY. WE ARE BEING ROBBED OF OUR NATION.The Reality of a Scam Saturday 30 June, 2012 - 7:45 AM
I always listen to Paul's soliloquy each morning. I have heard so many version and takes of what happened in parliament yesterday from the various sources this morning. Paul's take on what happened yesterday is spot on and well said. This should have been in the form of a longer article in the Weekend WestEdwin Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 10:34 AM