- Hazel Hawke, a true First Lady
- Does news go too far?
- Auto industry isn't terminal
- Frustration over breakdown
- Kevin Sheedy Still Has It
- Health boss search tops $100k
- AHA gets tough on violence
- Joe Hildebrand
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mal Kent on Can Millsy sing? You judge Go Millsy..on ya for giving it a go. I loved it. Nice to hear some happiness on the airwaves. more
- Stacey on Can Millsy sing? You judge Yeah! Rock n Roll! Crank it up to 10 Millsy! What a fabulous, raw...very raw, talent you are. Reminds me of a young Billy ... more
- Debra on Can Millsy sing? You judge I've always said that it doesn't matter if you can't carry a note in a bucket as long as you sing from the heart you will be ... more
- Justin on Soldier murdered in London I nearly choked on what I was eating yesterday when I heard Jane's comments yesterday saying that the killing had nothing to ... more
- Darryl on Can Millsy sing? You judge No. No he can't! more
- bert on Can Millsy sing? You judge I understand that the Geneva convention bans water-boarding and Millsy's singing from being used as a means to extract ... more
- Kojonup people on Farmers to fight wind farm Stop this wind farm. No body wants it. It's just a swindle more
- Dean on Farmers to fight wind farm All wind farms corporate or community are on in it for the money. more
- Phil on Soldier murdered in London I find it offensive that 6PR chose to play the recording of the terrorist during the news on the radio! You have ... more
- troy on Graham Mabury's top award Grahem congratulations on your award my good man you deserve it.regards Troy more
- Dellas on Being sad is OK You really know what?I am sick to death of Lifeline, Beyond Blue, Headspace and all those helplines which are funded only to ... more
- bazza on Hey Prime Minister, take a stand! Fitssimons is full of crap. 98% are for getting rid of it where is that poll? most likley in his head.he needs to loosen ... more
- Clare on Farmers to fight wind farm Wonder where was the report from the "other side"? more
- Lynne Foreman on We'll sign NDIS on our terms I am a disabled adult I am so excited that DisabilityCare Australia (NDIS) is on its way it means I now can choice to move ... more
- Matt on Would you vote for this guy? Clive will have my backing, he is a breath of fresh air, not beholden to financial powers that milk the public every which ... more
- Dhanveer Gill on Steve Mills turns taxi driver I was reading comments here by other people. Most of them are owner drivers or winners of govt plates. In reality, the big ... more
- Alec Strachan on Graham Mabury's top award A worthy recipient indeed.. Well done Graham, your blood is worth bottling.. Al more
- Mick on Your suburb, your voice Colin Barnett, cut every thing to the bone for the average and needy. But large increases for your cronies and the wealthy. ... more
- Dellas on Government staff pay rises Never thought Dixie Marshall would/could be bought to become nothing more than a cash cow.I thought a lot of her as a woman ... more
- wayne bishop on Butt out yeah right increase the prices more to pay the govt. debt so the govt. can waste and blow away more money and the govt. ... more
The gays stole my rainbow
Just when you think you've heard all the arguments for and against gay marriage up pops one from left field. Norm called the Morning program to accuse gay activists of stealing 'his' rainbow for 'their' flag and pushing the false science of evolution.
Marriage isn't a Christian institution and even if it were, the religious parts of a marriage are only thrown in as an "add on" these days, half the marriages conducted in Australia are by civil celebrants and therefore not "religious".
How did Christianity bring the "insitution" of the Sabbath into play, I'm pretty sure Sunday has always been there. On the topic of "having to employ gays and lesbians", I'm pretty sure the Equal Opportunity Act removes discrimination on the basis of sexuality from the workplace anyway, so this guys a little behind the 8 ball on current legislation..
Also, if he wants to talk about the "sanctity of marriage", lets start looking at the heterosexual divorce rate. If society followed the bibles teachings to the letter then divorce would be illegal, as would be working on Sundays, cutting your hair and wearing cotton-polyblends!Jill Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 7:44 PM
Stole his rainbow? Seriously?! The rainbow flag was created by artist Gilbert Backer way back in 1978 after Harvey Milk asked him to create a flag that could serve as a symbol for San Fransisco's gay community. Since then its been adopted the world over as a symbol of pride and unity for those in the GLBT community.Aimee Friday 22 June, 2012 - 2:30 PM
How can we, the gay lesbian and transgender community "Steal" a rainbow? What kind of person is Norm A bloody leprechaun chasing his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.Katrin Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 7:10 PM
When and from where did you immigrate Norm (as in or not, normal)?...Uranus?
Yeah, and the world is flat, and it's just an amazing fantasy of yours that technology "evolved" to the point where you can pick up a 'phone and give us your theory of rainbows.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 5:55 PM
I agree with Darren Seinor's comment.
Actually, I think I'll embrace his theory on the theory of evolution and gravity because we haven't evolved and there's nothing at all uplifting about about this life.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 6:47 AM
What a fool, the theory of evolution is a theory in the same way the theory of gravity is a theory. Norm for a lot of us God is a myth, a fairy tale, and a ridiculous one at thatDarren Seinor Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 4:06 PM