- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
The gays stole my rainbow
Just when you think you've heard all the arguments for and against gay marriage up pops one from left field. Norm called the Morning program to accuse gay activists of stealing 'his' rainbow for 'their' flag and pushing the false science of evolution.
Marriage isn't a Christian institution and even if it were, the religious parts of a marriage are only thrown in as an "add on" these days, half the marriages conducted in Australia are by civil celebrants and therefore not "religious".
How did Christianity bring the "insitution" of the Sabbath into play, I'm pretty sure Sunday has always been there. On the topic of "having to employ gays and lesbians", I'm pretty sure the Equal Opportunity Act removes discrimination on the basis of sexuality from the workplace anyway, so this guys a little behind the 8 ball on current legislation..
Also, if he wants to talk about the "sanctity of marriage", lets start looking at the heterosexual divorce rate. If society followed the bibles teachings to the letter then divorce would be illegal, as would be working on Sundays, cutting your hair and wearing cotton-polyblends!Jill Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 7:44 PM
Stole his rainbow? Seriously?! The rainbow flag was created by artist Gilbert Backer way back in 1978 after Harvey Milk asked him to create a flag that could serve as a symbol for San Fransisco's gay community. Since then its been adopted the world over as a symbol of pride and unity for those in the GLBT community.Aimee Friday 22 June, 2012 - 2:30 PM
How can we, the gay lesbian and transgender community "Steal" a rainbow? What kind of person is Norm A bloody leprechaun chasing his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.Katrin Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 7:10 PM
When and from where did you immigrate Norm (as in or not, normal)?...Uranus?
Yeah, and the world is flat, and it's just an amazing fantasy of yours that technology "evolved" to the point where you can pick up a 'phone and give us your theory of rainbows.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 5:55 PM
I agree with Darren Seinor's comment.
Actually, I think I'll embrace his theory on the theory of evolution and gravity because we haven't evolved and there's nothing at all uplifting about about this life.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 6:47 AM
What a fool, the theory of evolution is a theory in the same way the theory of gravity is a theory. Norm for a lot of us God is a myth, a fairy tale, and a ridiculous one at thatDarren Seinor Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 4:06 PM