- Insensitive, silly or plain stupid?
- Show exhibit in poor taste?
- A toll on every road
- Bakers worried over cheap bread
- Priddis the pride of WA
- Persistence paid off for Docker
- Pop-up rip-off
- "She has no idea"
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
The gays stole my rainbow
Just when you think you've heard all the arguments for and against gay marriage up pops one from left field. Norm called the Morning program to accuse gay activists of stealing 'his' rainbow for 'their' flag and pushing the false science of evolution.
Marriage isn't a Christian institution and even if it were, the religious parts of a marriage are only thrown in as an "add on" these days, half the marriages conducted in Australia are by civil celebrants and therefore not "religious".
How did Christianity bring the "insitution" of the Sabbath into play, I'm pretty sure Sunday has always been there. On the topic of "having to employ gays and lesbians", I'm pretty sure the Equal Opportunity Act removes discrimination on the basis of sexuality from the workplace anyway, so this guys a little behind the 8 ball on current legislation..
Also, if he wants to talk about the "sanctity of marriage", lets start looking at the heterosexual divorce rate. If society followed the bibles teachings to the letter then divorce would be illegal, as would be working on Sundays, cutting your hair and wearing cotton-polyblends!Jill Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 7:44 PM
Stole his rainbow? Seriously?! The rainbow flag was created by artist Gilbert Backer way back in 1978 after Harvey Milk asked him to create a flag that could serve as a symbol for San Fransisco's gay community. Since then its been adopted the world over as a symbol of pride and unity for those in the GLBT community.Aimee Friday 22 June, 2012 - 2:30 PM
How can we, the gay lesbian and transgender community "Steal" a rainbow? What kind of person is Norm A bloody leprechaun chasing his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.Katrin Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 7:10 PM
When and from where did you immigrate Norm (as in or not, normal)?...Uranus?
Yeah, and the world is flat, and it's just an amazing fantasy of yours that technology "evolved" to the point where you can pick up a 'phone and give us your theory of rainbows.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 5:55 PM
I agree with Darren Seinor's comment.
Actually, I think I'll embrace his theory on the theory of evolution and gravity because we haven't evolved and there's nothing at all uplifting about about this life.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 6:47 AM
What a fool, the theory of evolution is a theory in the same way the theory of gravity is a theory. Norm for a lot of us God is a myth, a fairy tale, and a ridiculous one at thatDarren Seinor Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 4:06 PM