- Flight attendants fear insecticide
- The Life of Nelson Mandela
- Banking On Our Art
- Booragoon Vitality
- DivaLicious for Christmas
- Striking a Chord in Kwinana
- Trouble streaming 6PR?
- New app helps direct help
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- marilyn on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I love listening to millsy every morning and i am looking forward to Basil joining him,anyone who says Basil has no ... more
- Andrew on Our loss is Brisbane's win Is it any wonder this state is seen as backwards. Once again another case of Barnetts folly but then again we are talking ... more
- Dellas on The Life of Nelson Mandela Who deserves be Australia's representative at this face of freedom, Nelson Mandela's, funeral?No-one.We're too busy turning ... more
- Andrew on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Honestly 6PR what are you thinking? more
- Maureen on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 If Kent goes so do I. The Breakfast Show will not be the same. I'm sorry Millsy I love your show but not if Basil is going ... more
- Matt on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I won't be tuning into breakfast anymore when Basil joins. It's been great listening to Millsy and Kent, but I will be ... more
- What's going on on Bathtub protest halts logging This industry is unsustainable both financially and ecologically. Logging runs at a loss for the state. We the tax payers ... more
- maree parker on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Millsy and Kent were/are the most easy going and humorous pairing. 6PR what are you thinking? First Howard and now Kent, and ... more
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
- Hardman on Violence on the streets This has been happening on Perth Streets for years.BUTUnless the Victim or Perp is High Profile or the injuries are Fatal or ... more
- Andrew on Demetriou denies Hird deal Demetriou was an ordinary player and he continues in that vain as head of the AFL he has done more to harm the game than ... more
- Andrew on Cuts impact disabled students This is a disgrace and the culprit is Colin Barnett who has shown he sees no value in supporting education or those who work ... more
- David on Department abandoned me OMG Linda your plight is the same as mine . I too worked for DCS and as you spoke it was like I was in your shoes. I too ... more
The gays stole my rainbow
Just when you think you've heard all the arguments for and against gay marriage up pops one from left field. Norm called the Morning program to accuse gay activists of stealing 'his' rainbow for 'their' flag and pushing the false science of evolution.
Marriage isn't a Christian institution and even if it were, the religious parts of a marriage are only thrown in as an "add on" these days, half the marriages conducted in Australia are by civil celebrants and therefore not "religious".
How did Christianity bring the "insitution" of the Sabbath into play, I'm pretty sure Sunday has always been there. On the topic of "having to employ gays and lesbians", I'm pretty sure the Equal Opportunity Act removes discrimination on the basis of sexuality from the workplace anyway, so this guys a little behind the 8 ball on current legislation..
Also, if he wants to talk about the "sanctity of marriage", lets start looking at the heterosexual divorce rate. If society followed the bibles teachings to the letter then divorce would be illegal, as would be working on Sundays, cutting your hair and wearing cotton-polyblends!Jill Sunday 24 June, 2012 - 7:44 PM
Stole his rainbow? Seriously?! The rainbow flag was created by artist Gilbert Backer way back in 1978 after Harvey Milk asked him to create a flag that could serve as a symbol for San Fransisco's gay community. Since then its been adopted the world over as a symbol of pride and unity for those in the GLBT community.Aimee Friday 22 June, 2012 - 2:30 PM
How can we, the gay lesbian and transgender community "Steal" a rainbow? What kind of person is Norm A bloody leprechaun chasing his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.Katrin Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 7:10 PM
When and from where did you immigrate Norm (as in or not, normal)?...Uranus?
Yeah, and the world is flat, and it's just an amazing fantasy of yours that technology "evolved" to the point where you can pick up a 'phone and give us your theory of rainbows.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 5:55 PM
I agree with Darren Seinor's comment.
Actually, I think I'll embrace his theory on the theory of evolution and gravity because we haven't evolved and there's nothing at all uplifting about about this life.Dellas Thursday 21 June, 2012 - 6:47 AM
What a fool, the theory of evolution is a theory in the same way the theory of gravity is a theory. Norm for a lot of us God is a myth, a fairy tale, and a ridiculous one at thatDarren Seinor Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 4:06 PM