- Work for the dole plan
- John Paul Young crashes Karaoke
- Escapee adds Acacia to record
- Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead
- Battlestar Galactic's Jamie Bamber
- WA director hits it big
- Sue's Tour Highlights
- Perth needs to grow up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
Tarver in steroid battle
Questions now raised over Green vs Tarver result
By Brett Bonetti
Following the news that IBO Cruiserweight Champion, Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2, questions are now being asked if Tarver was “juiced” for his previous fight with Australian, Danny “The Green Machine” Green in Sydney in July 2011.
Green went into that fight as a warm favourite to win and retain his IBO Cruiserweight Title, however Tarver shocked Green and the fans after he won the fight when Green’s corner was forced to throw in the towel following round 9.
Green had stated after that loss that he had never been really hurt before that fight and has today questioned the legitimacy of the American's victory over him in their fight in Sydney.
Following the revelation that Tarver tested positive Green said "I'm shocked by the news, but it does make you think”
Green also queried at how Tarver got down to the Cruiserweight limit and stayed very strong for their bout after looking significantly heavier when they both toured Australia just eight weeks beforehand to promote their World Title Fight.
"When he came over for the promotional tour he looked much bigger, he was huge, massive, yet he was able to lose, I'd say, approximately 25kg in eight weeks to weigh in light”
“How did he keep that strength, he wasn't sapped during the fight of strength or power?”
"A lot of people on Twitter and the internet are now asking questions about our fight” Green said
"I hear the IBO has stripped him, so is it still a loss on my career?
"He has tarnished his reputation and he has got himself in a whole world of trouble. He has got to live with this forever” Green said
“He's wanted to lose weight the easy way, I know what it is to strip weight, extreme weight, I had to lose 10kg, I didn't have to fight Anthony Mundine, it's hard and it takes strict discipline."
Green is currently in training for his final fight in Perth on July 25 against American Danny Santiago who in 1997 was also defeated by Tarver.
Tarver claims that the result is a false positive and used Twitter to announce the following.
“Today’s news of a false positive caught me as well as my family and supporters by surprise, I apologize for the embarrassment it caused”
“I’ll appeal and submit to the California Commission everything that I’ve consume prior to June 2 that could have caused this honest mistake.”
Tarver was fined $2,500 of his $1 million purse for the Kayode fight, and has been suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission pending the test of his ‘B’ sample.
Tarver is the third high profile boxer to test positive in the past two months along with Light Welterweight Champion Lamont Peterson and former Welterweight Champion Andre Berto.
Whether Tarver was taking steroids before his fight with Green in Australia is unknown.
“Certainly I didn't have a great night against Tarver, but I now have to wonder if he had a bit of extra magic" Green concluded.