- Is this bad parenting?
- The breakdown and rebuild
- Norman joins DIY disaster group
- Medicinal marijuana gets church's blessing
- Deadly weekend for motorcyclists
- Muslim mothers turn informants
- This war needs definition
- Rumour File
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
Tarver in steroid battle
Questions now raised over Green vs Tarver result
By Brett Bonetti
Following the news that IBO Cruiserweight Champion, Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2, questions are now being asked if Tarver was “juiced” for his previous fight with Australian, Danny “The Green Machine” Green in Sydney in July 2011.
Green went into that fight as a warm favourite to win and retain his IBO Cruiserweight Title, however Tarver shocked Green and the fans after he won the fight when Green’s corner was forced to throw in the towel following round 9.
Green had stated after that loss that he had never been really hurt before that fight and has today questioned the legitimacy of the American's victory over him in their fight in Sydney.
Following the revelation that Tarver tested positive Green said "I'm shocked by the news, but it does make you think”
Green also queried at how Tarver got down to the Cruiserweight limit and stayed very strong for their bout after looking significantly heavier when they both toured Australia just eight weeks beforehand to promote their World Title Fight.
"When he came over for the promotional tour he looked much bigger, he was huge, massive, yet he was able to lose, I'd say, approximately 25kg in eight weeks to weigh in light”
“How did he keep that strength, he wasn't sapped during the fight of strength or power?”
"A lot of people on Twitter and the internet are now asking questions about our fight” Green said
"I hear the IBO has stripped him, so is it still a loss on my career?
"He has tarnished his reputation and he has got himself in a whole world of trouble. He has got to live with this forever” Green said
“He's wanted to lose weight the easy way, I know what it is to strip weight, extreme weight, I had to lose 10kg, I didn't have to fight Anthony Mundine, it's hard and it takes strict discipline."
Green is currently in training for his final fight in Perth on July 25 against American Danny Santiago who in 1997 was also defeated by Tarver.
Tarver claims that the result is a false positive and used Twitter to announce the following.
“Today’s news of a false positive caught me as well as my family and supporters by surprise, I apologize for the embarrassment it caused”
“I’ll appeal and submit to the California Commission everything that I’ve consume prior to June 2 that could have caused this honest mistake.”
Tarver was fined $2,500 of his $1 million purse for the Kayode fight, and has been suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission pending the test of his ‘B’ sample.
Tarver is the third high profile boxer to test positive in the past two months along with Light Welterweight Champion Lamont Peterson and former Welterweight Champion Andre Berto.
Whether Tarver was taking steroids before his fight with Green in Australia is unknown.
“Certainly I didn't have a great night against Tarver, but I now have to wonder if he had a bit of extra magic" Green concluded.