- Wishing Windies well
- 3000 Perth people left council-less
- Hayley Dodd's Garden
- Angry: SAf talkback reacts
- Canadian attack causes security beef up
- Studio hunts online pirates
- Video: Police storm Canadian Parliament
- Aussie murdered in Bali
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Dellas on Abbey's Project That "Abbey" gave consent to the Family Law Court to have contact with her father speaks tellingly about the nature of child ... more
- Dellas on PM's adviser backs burqa ban I hate to point out the obvious typo, Paul, but isn't Peta's surname spelt Cretin? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
Tarver in steroid battle
Questions now raised over Green vs Tarver result
By Brett Bonetti
Following the news that IBO Cruiserweight Champion, Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2, questions are now being asked if Tarver was “juiced” for his previous fight with Australian, Danny “The Green Machine” Green in Sydney in July 2011.
Green went into that fight as a warm favourite to win and retain his IBO Cruiserweight Title, however Tarver shocked Green and the fans after he won the fight when Green’s corner was forced to throw in the towel following round 9.
Green had stated after that loss that he had never been really hurt before that fight and has today questioned the legitimacy of the American's victory over him in their fight in Sydney.
Following the revelation that Tarver tested positive Green said "I'm shocked by the news, but it does make you think”
Green also queried at how Tarver got down to the Cruiserweight limit and stayed very strong for their bout after looking significantly heavier when they both toured Australia just eight weeks beforehand to promote their World Title Fight.
"When he came over for the promotional tour he looked much bigger, he was huge, massive, yet he was able to lose, I'd say, approximately 25kg in eight weeks to weigh in light”
“How did he keep that strength, he wasn't sapped during the fight of strength or power?”
"A lot of people on Twitter and the internet are now asking questions about our fight” Green said
"I hear the IBO has stripped him, so is it still a loss on my career?
"He has tarnished his reputation and he has got himself in a whole world of trouble. He has got to live with this forever” Green said
“He's wanted to lose weight the easy way, I know what it is to strip weight, extreme weight, I had to lose 10kg, I didn't have to fight Anthony Mundine, it's hard and it takes strict discipline."
Green is currently in training for his final fight in Perth on July 25 against American Danny Santiago who in 1997 was also defeated by Tarver.
Tarver claims that the result is a false positive and used Twitter to announce the following.
“Today’s news of a false positive caught me as well as my family and supporters by surprise, I apologize for the embarrassment it caused”
“I’ll appeal and submit to the California Commission everything that I’ve consume prior to June 2 that could have caused this honest mistake.”
Tarver was fined $2,500 of his $1 million purse for the Kayode fight, and has been suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission pending the test of his ‘B’ sample.
Tarver is the third high profile boxer to test positive in the past two months along with Light Welterweight Champion Lamont Peterson and former Welterweight Champion Andre Berto.
Whether Tarver was taking steroids before his fight with Green in Australia is unknown.
“Certainly I didn't have a great night against Tarver, but I now have to wonder if he had a bit of extra magic" Green concluded.