- I'm not funding terrorism
- Arrogance will end Hird's career
- Sun sets on Bluey's coaching
- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- Why is Perth so pricey
- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
Tarver in steroid battle
Questions now raised over Green vs Tarver result
By Brett Bonetti
Following the news that IBO Cruiserweight Champion, Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2, questions are now being asked if Tarver was “juiced” for his previous fight with Australian, Danny “The Green Machine” Green in Sydney in July 2011.
Green went into that fight as a warm favourite to win and retain his IBO Cruiserweight Title, however Tarver shocked Green and the fans after he won the fight when Green’s corner was forced to throw in the towel following round 9.
Green had stated after that loss that he had never been really hurt before that fight and has today questioned the legitimacy of the American's victory over him in their fight in Sydney.
Following the revelation that Tarver tested positive Green said "I'm shocked by the news, but it does make you think”
Green also queried at how Tarver got down to the Cruiserweight limit and stayed very strong for their bout after looking significantly heavier when they both toured Australia just eight weeks beforehand to promote their World Title Fight.
"When he came over for the promotional tour he looked much bigger, he was huge, massive, yet he was able to lose, I'd say, approximately 25kg in eight weeks to weigh in light”
“How did he keep that strength, he wasn't sapped during the fight of strength or power?”
"A lot of people on Twitter and the internet are now asking questions about our fight” Green said
"I hear the IBO has stripped him, so is it still a loss on my career?
"He has tarnished his reputation and he has got himself in a whole world of trouble. He has got to live with this forever” Green said
“He's wanted to lose weight the easy way, I know what it is to strip weight, extreme weight, I had to lose 10kg, I didn't have to fight Anthony Mundine, it's hard and it takes strict discipline."
Green is currently in training for his final fight in Perth on July 25 against American Danny Santiago who in 1997 was also defeated by Tarver.
Tarver claims that the result is a false positive and used Twitter to announce the following.
“Today’s news of a false positive caught me as well as my family and supporters by surprise, I apologize for the embarrassment it caused”
“I’ll appeal and submit to the California Commission everything that I’ve consume prior to June 2 that could have caused this honest mistake.”
Tarver was fined $2,500 of his $1 million purse for the Kayode fight, and has been suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission pending the test of his ‘B’ sample.
Tarver is the third high profile boxer to test positive in the past two months along with Light Welterweight Champion Lamont Peterson and former Welterweight Champion Andre Berto.
Whether Tarver was taking steroids before his fight with Green in Australia is unknown.
“Certainly I didn't have a great night against Tarver, but I now have to wonder if he had a bit of extra magic" Green concluded.