- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- Money trail tacks terror link
- Police thwart terror plan
- Albany ANZAC ban stands
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
Subiaco v Burswood
The State Opposition has announced cost cutting plans, which includes moving the proposed stadium redevelopment to Kitchener Park in Subiaco. Shadow Treasurer Ben Wyatt and Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier John McGrath joined Howard Sattler in the studio to discuss the location of the new stadium.
I back McGowen to build the stadium at Subiaco. Too many negatives with Burswood including getting there and back. Traffic issues, 18 months to do ground works so the stadium doesn't sink into the high water table. Remember the railway line over the swan dropped 10cm and it took over 30 months to shaw it up.
It would be unacceptable to bulldoze the swan and duck habitat and breeding grounds at the lake where the stadium sits.
Subiaco is home of Football and should stay there.
Last but not least the Burswood Park Golf Coarse should be preserved as recreation for the 100,000 golfers who play there each year.wayne tagg Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:25 PM
Just an off beat assement but I will put my bottom dollar that the price of fuel will go up just before Easter but it won't have anything to do with the long weekend but all about the Singapore price cycle, what do you reckon???Azza Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:22 PM
Burswood was definitely a BAD idea. That is why the Loungalant report canned it. The emporer needs to be aware that the people want more than his pet project (Elizabeth Key). We want a decent transport system. Keep SUBI the home of footy.Bill Friday 15 February, 2013 - 4:46 PM
The New stadium being built at Burswood I cannot believe is going to be on an East-West Orientation,which I thought the Kitchener park option was going to realign the oval on a North-South orientation the way an AFL football should be. the sun issue at the current Subiaco Oval is a pain if you sit at the Perth City end.Don Friday 15 February, 2013 - 8:26 AM
Burswood is almost WA Inc all over again by doing business with Mr Packer.
Imagine the chaos at Burswood on game day when casino patrons and the AFL crowd are fighting for parking.angelo Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 5:48 PM