- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
Subiaco v Burswood
The State Opposition has announced cost cutting plans, which includes moving the proposed stadium redevelopment to Kitchener Park in Subiaco. Shadow Treasurer Ben Wyatt and Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier John McGrath joined Howard Sattler in the studio to discuss the location of the new stadium.
I back McGowen to build the stadium at Subiaco. Too many negatives with Burswood including getting there and back. Traffic issues, 18 months to do ground works so the stadium doesn't sink into the high water table. Remember the railway line over the swan dropped 10cm and it took over 30 months to shaw it up.
It would be unacceptable to bulldoze the swan and duck habitat and breeding grounds at the lake where the stadium sits.
Subiaco is home of Football and should stay there.
Last but not least the Burswood Park Golf Coarse should be preserved as recreation for the 100,000 golfers who play there each year.wayne tagg Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:25 PM
Just an off beat assement but I will put my bottom dollar that the price of fuel will go up just before Easter but it won't have anything to do with the long weekend but all about the Singapore price cycle, what do you reckon???Azza Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:22 PM
Burswood was definitely a BAD idea. That is why the Loungalant report canned it. The emporer needs to be aware that the people want more than his pet project (Elizabeth Key). We want a decent transport system. Keep SUBI the home of footy.Bill Friday 15 February, 2013 - 4:46 PM
The New stadium being built at Burswood I cannot believe is going to be on an East-West Orientation,which I thought the Kitchener park option was going to realign the oval on a North-South orientation the way an AFL football should be. the sun issue at the current Subiaco Oval is a pain if you sit at the Perth City end.Don Friday 15 February, 2013 - 8:26 AM
Burswood is almost WA Inc all over again by doing business with Mr Packer.
Imagine the chaos at Burswood on game day when casino patrons and the AFL crowd are fighting for parking.angelo Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 5:48 PM