- Simpson pulls Freo plug
- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- Pratt concedes defeat
- Nahan's budget warning
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
Subiaco v Burswood
The State Opposition has announced cost cutting plans, which includes moving the proposed stadium redevelopment to Kitchener Park in Subiaco. Shadow Treasurer Ben Wyatt and Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier John McGrath joined Howard Sattler in the studio to discuss the location of the new stadium.
I back McGowen to build the stadium at Subiaco. Too many negatives with Burswood including getting there and back. Traffic issues, 18 months to do ground works so the stadium doesn't sink into the high water table. Remember the railway line over the swan dropped 10cm and it took over 30 months to shaw it up.
It would be unacceptable to bulldoze the swan and duck habitat and breeding grounds at the lake where the stadium sits.
Subiaco is home of Football and should stay there.
Last but not least the Burswood Park Golf Coarse should be preserved as recreation for the 100,000 golfers who play there each year.wayne tagg Monday 18 February, 2013 - 2:25 PM
Just an off beat assement but I will put my bottom dollar that the price of fuel will go up just before Easter but it won't have anything to do with the long weekend but all about the Singapore price cycle, what do you reckon???Azza Monday 18 February, 2013 - 12:22 PM
Burswood was definitely a BAD idea. That is why the Loungalant report canned it. The emporer needs to be aware that the people want more than his pet project (Elizabeth Key). We want a decent transport system. Keep SUBI the home of footy.Bill Friday 15 February, 2013 - 4:46 PM
The New stadium being built at Burswood I cannot believe is going to be on an East-West Orientation,which I thought the Kitchener park option was going to realign the oval on a North-South orientation the way an AFL football should be. the sun issue at the current Subiaco Oval is a pain if you sit at the Perth City end.Don Friday 15 February, 2013 - 8:26 AM
Burswood is almost WA Inc all over again by doing business with Mr Packer.
Imagine the chaos at Burswood on game day when casino patrons and the AFL crowd are fighting for parking.angelo Thursday 14 February, 2013 - 5:48 PM