- The Life of Nelson Mandela
- Banking On Our Art
- Booragoon Vitality
- DivaLicious for Christmas
- Striking a Chord in Kwinana
- Having trouble streaming 6PR?
- New app helps direct help
- Prison manager hoarding drugs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
- Hardman on Violence on the streets This has been happening on Perth Streets for years.BUTUnless the Victim or Perp is High Profile or the injuries are Fatal or ... more
- Andrew on Demetriou denies Hird deal Demetriou was an ordinary player and he continues in that vain as head of the AFL he has done more to harm the game than ... more
- Andrew on Cuts impact disabled students This is a disgrace and the culprit is Colin Barnett who has shown he sees no value in supporting education or those who work ... more
- David on Department abandoned me OMG Linda your plight is the same as mine . I too worked for DCS and as you spoke it was like I was in your shoes. I too ... more
- Andrew on Violence on the streets The sooner these gutless wonders are caught the better and lets start getting tough on these cowardly thugs. No more slap ... more
- Chris on Morrison slams Labor This mob of hypocrites damning Labor for doing what they did for the last 3 years but somehow it's not right when it's done ... more
- Dellas on Photo ban at kids sport Actually, Andrew, we are not in decline."Rock-spiders" have always existed.I am sorry that you live in a world of total ... more
- cath on Department abandoned me The Department and Risk Cover is a big Joke..Prev Head of Correctional Services walks away with a big fat payout, I'm one ... more
- Dellas on Bathtub protest halts logging A Bathtub on tree with a man in it!Please give me more of these so-called random acts of anarchy.When a tree falls in the ... more
- foo1 on Department abandoned me I was absolutely shocked to hear about the ordeal that this poor woman has suffered at the hands of a few heartless ... more
- Dellas on We've struggled in WA Why did it cost my sister an acceptable $107.00 to send a box containing all of the boxed Limited Edition Gumnut Babies ... more
- Andrew on We've struggled in WA Don't they know it's the festive season? They've only had 11 months to prepare for hiring extra staff. more
Road test: Lagotto Romagnolo
Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
The Lagotto is a small/medium sized dog with a curly, dense coat. Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
A working dog from Italy, they are an ancient breed originally used for water retrieving and known in Italy since the 16th century in the lowlands of Comacchio and the marshlands of Ravenne. Since the 19th century the breed has been used in searching for truffles in the Romagna area and with their focus and keen nose they have excelled.
The dense (poodle like coat) needs regular care as it can easily get matted but opinion is divided as to how to manage it. The fact it is a working dog, the purists say, means that it should be shown that way and not all brushed up like a poodle. They are on average around 40-45cm in height and weigh between 12 and 16kg so not a large dog by any means. They have flop ears, squarely built with a powerful neck.
Keen, loyal and affectionate they become very attached to their owners and are easy to train. They get on well with other pets when properly socialised and are a good warning dog. They need plenty of exercise and innovative games to keep them interested so are great with kids playing hide and seek where they have to use their brain.
Blessed with a happy disposition, their intelligence and willingness to participate, plus having an allergy-friendly, low shedding coat makes them a favourite with many prospective owners
Who should own one:
Due to its small size they are fine in apartments as long as they are exercised every day. Be sure to fence off your treasured flowers as they love to dig with their natural instinct to search and retrieve.
They love to swim and some have been known to upturn their water bowl and then paddle in the mess!
Great with children they have all the attributes of the perfect family pet and live between 12-14 years.
They have no major health problems and are free from know genetic defects. Their ears will need maintenance in Perth due to the poodle-like issues of hairy canals and floppy ears compounded by their attraction to water, and their coat will require attention particularly in the summer to keep fleas and the like at bay.
In summary this is a breed that is ideal for active, young families who concentrate on outdoor activities. Like most working dogs they need regular exercise and may get in to mischief if left to their own devices for long periods. They are fine for apartment living as they don’t shed hair as long as they get regular exercise.
This is a little known breed in Perth but interest is growing as they become more popular. With a name that sounds like an exotic Italian sportscar they are a hardier version of the ever popular poodle with all that breed’s appeal and a harder edge which many people find appealing.
Hi we have a Lagotto--she is chocolate brown with some white hair and 1 white patch. Her muzzle looks golden due to her colouring. She is lovely,active and has all the attributes you menyioned. Some do experience genetic problems and must be tested for eyesight, hip displasia and juvenile epilepsy. Check with your breeder that these criteria hAVE BEEN MET . Enjoy your puppy--ours,morgana is 9 months old and is a joy!!!carol leroux Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:55 AM