- Dawson's big decision
- Brad Scott wants to settle the score
- Yarran and Malthouse make up
- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
Road test: Lagotto Romagnolo
Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
The Lagotto is a small/medium sized dog with a curly, dense coat. Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
A working dog from Italy, they are an ancient breed originally used for water retrieving and known in Italy since the 16th century in the lowlands of Comacchio and the marshlands of Ravenne. Since the 19th century the breed has been used in searching for truffles in the Romagna area and with their focus and keen nose they have excelled.
The dense (poodle like coat) needs regular care as it can easily get matted but opinion is divided as to how to manage it. The fact it is a working dog, the purists say, means that it should be shown that way and not all brushed up like a poodle. They are on average around 40-45cm in height and weigh between 12 and 16kg so not a large dog by any means. They have flop ears, squarely built with a powerful neck.
Keen, loyal and affectionate they become very attached to their owners and are easy to train. They get on well with other pets when properly socialised and are a good warning dog. They need plenty of exercise and innovative games to keep them interested so are great with kids playing hide and seek where they have to use their brain.
Blessed with a happy disposition, their intelligence and willingness to participate, plus having an allergy-friendly, low shedding coat makes them a favourite with many prospective owners
Who should own one:
Due to its small size they are fine in apartments as long as they are exercised every day. Be sure to fence off your treasured flowers as they love to dig with their natural instinct to search and retrieve.
They love to swim and some have been known to upturn their water bowl and then paddle in the mess!
Great with children they have all the attributes of the perfect family pet and live between 12-14 years.
They have no major health problems and are free from know genetic defects. Their ears will need maintenance in Perth due to the poodle-like issues of hairy canals and floppy ears compounded by their attraction to water, and their coat will require attention particularly in the summer to keep fleas and the like at bay.
In summary this is a breed that is ideal for active, young families who concentrate on outdoor activities. Like most working dogs they need regular exercise and may get in to mischief if left to their own devices for long periods. They are fine for apartment living as they don’t shed hair as long as they get regular exercise.
This is a little known breed in Perth but interest is growing as they become more popular. With a name that sounds like an exotic Italian sportscar they are a hardier version of the ever popular poodle with all that breed’s appeal and a harder edge which many people find appealing.
Hi we have a Lagotto--she is chocolate brown with some white hair and 1 white patch. Her muzzle looks golden due to her colouring. She is lovely,active and has all the attributes you menyioned. Some do experience genetic problems and must be tested for eyesight, hip displasia and juvenile epilepsy. Check with your breeder that these criteria hAVE BEEN MET . Enjoy your puppy--ours,morgana is 9 months old and is a joy!!!carol leroux Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:55 AM