- Harvey targets suburban hoons
- "You can't change Jaqui Lambie"
- I wish he would just pay up
- "Are you well hung?"
- Am I cautious or obsessive?
- Children victims in adult conflict
- Asbestos creates school chaos
- Video: Thanks Coxy!
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
- Dellas on Sheep shearing Terror Fair Dinkum, I always thought that shearing was a skill, a craft, a art, a profession and that shearer's were the epitome of ... more
- tessata on Thorpe's admission ignites debate Ian Thorpe is a wonderful athlete and has a kind and loving personality I'm sure.But lets be honest its the Media that have ... more
- Karen on Mum's disgust at S**t van Why don't these numbskulls think of a slogan for impotency, they obviously know about it first hand. more
- Jean Jockey on Mum's disgust at S**t van WE saw a Wicked Camper at Broome, it had "If an animal bled for 3 days once a month you would shoot it!" painted on the ... more
- Chris on Naughty corner is naughty What a load of C**PIt is as plain as the nose on your face that children have become more and more obnoxious, rebellious and ... more
- Michelle on Sheep shearing Terror Are you kidding me!!!! No more meat ,no more wool....I hate seeing this, in our own country makes me even sicker. more
- Kevin Briant on Sheep shearing Terror Sure some action by some shearers in your forage was very wrong,but be looking at the film several times I am of the opinion ... more
- Shane on Harsher Penalties for Drivers Wednesday night, I was awoken by the familiar sound of hooning followed by the sound of a crash. Then another familiarity a ... more
- Joylene Dodman on Naughty corner is naughty In a school removing a child temporarily is necessary to allow the child to calm down. Naughty corners went out in the 80s. ... more
- tessata on Court stalls turn-back policy would the media and some sections of the govt. prefer to go back to seeing the boats coming in every day. The churches say ... more
Road test: Lagotto Romagnolo
Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
The Lagotto is a small/medium sized dog with a curly, dense coat. Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
A working dog from Italy, they are an ancient breed originally used for water retrieving and known in Italy since the 16th century in the lowlands of Comacchio and the marshlands of Ravenne. Since the 19th century the breed has been used in searching for truffles in the Romagna area and with their focus and keen nose they have excelled.
The dense (poodle like coat) needs regular care as it can easily get matted but opinion is divided as to how to manage it. The fact it is a working dog, the purists say, means that it should be shown that way and not all brushed up like a poodle. They are on average around 40-45cm in height and weigh between 12 and 16kg so not a large dog by any means. They have flop ears, squarely built with a powerful neck.
Keen, loyal and affectionate they become very attached to their owners and are easy to train. They get on well with other pets when properly socialised and are a good warning dog. They need plenty of exercise and innovative games to keep them interested so are great with kids playing hide and seek where they have to use their brain.
Blessed with a happy disposition, their intelligence and willingness to participate, plus having an allergy-friendly, low shedding coat makes them a favourite with many prospective owners
Who should own one:
Due to its small size they are fine in apartments as long as they are exercised every day. Be sure to fence off your treasured flowers as they love to dig with their natural instinct to search and retrieve.
They love to swim and some have been known to upturn their water bowl and then paddle in the mess!
Great with children they have all the attributes of the perfect family pet and live between 12-14 years.
They have no major health problems and are free from know genetic defects. Their ears will need maintenance in Perth due to the poodle-like issues of hairy canals and floppy ears compounded by their attraction to water, and their coat will require attention particularly in the summer to keep fleas and the like at bay.
In summary this is a breed that is ideal for active, young families who concentrate on outdoor activities. Like most working dogs they need regular exercise and may get in to mischief if left to their own devices for long periods. They are fine for apartment living as they don’t shed hair as long as they get regular exercise.
This is a little known breed in Perth but interest is growing as they become more popular. With a name that sounds like an exotic Italian sportscar they are a hardier version of the ever popular poodle with all that breed’s appeal and a harder edge which many people find appealing.
Hi we have a Lagotto--she is chocolate brown with some white hair and 1 white patch. Her muzzle looks golden due to her colouring. She is lovely,active and has all the attributes you menyioned. Some do experience genetic problems and must be tested for eyesight, hip displasia and juvenile epilepsy. Check with your breeder that these criteria hAVE BEEN MET . Enjoy your puppy--ours,morgana is 9 months old and is a joy!!!carol leroux Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:55 AM