- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Pointlessly poignant.
- Pain program scrapped
- Big business's big tax breaks
- Too expensive to fix?
- From asylum to surgeon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
- Abdullah on "She has no idea" The poor women, she should have kept her mouth shut.she does not know what she is talking about.Abdullah more
Road test: Lagotto Romagnolo
Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
The Lagotto is a small/medium sized dog with a curly, dense coat. Generally off-white, white or white with brown or rust coloured patches their dense coat protects them from prickles as they forage for truffles. They make a great family pet albeit need a job to do or will find something which inevitably is not something good!
A working dog from Italy, they are an ancient breed originally used for water retrieving and known in Italy since the 16th century in the lowlands of Comacchio and the marshlands of Ravenne. Since the 19th century the breed has been used in searching for truffles in the Romagna area and with their focus and keen nose they have excelled.
The dense (poodle like coat) needs regular care as it can easily get matted but opinion is divided as to how to manage it. The fact it is a working dog, the purists say, means that it should be shown that way and not all brushed up like a poodle. They are on average around 40-45cm in height and weigh between 12 and 16kg so not a large dog by any means. They have flop ears, squarely built with a powerful neck.
Keen, loyal and affectionate they become very attached to their owners and are easy to train. They get on well with other pets when properly socialised and are a good warning dog. They need plenty of exercise and innovative games to keep them interested so are great with kids playing hide and seek where they have to use their brain.
Blessed with a happy disposition, their intelligence and willingness to participate, plus having an allergy-friendly, low shedding coat makes them a favourite with many prospective owners
Who should own one:
Due to its small size they are fine in apartments as long as they are exercised every day. Be sure to fence off your treasured flowers as they love to dig with their natural instinct to search and retrieve.
They love to swim and some have been known to upturn their water bowl and then paddle in the mess!
Great with children they have all the attributes of the perfect family pet and live between 12-14 years.
They have no major health problems and are free from know genetic defects. Their ears will need maintenance in Perth due to the poodle-like issues of hairy canals and floppy ears compounded by their attraction to water, and their coat will require attention particularly in the summer to keep fleas and the like at bay.
In summary this is a breed that is ideal for active, young families who concentrate on outdoor activities. Like most working dogs they need regular exercise and may get in to mischief if left to their own devices for long periods. They are fine for apartment living as they don’t shed hair as long as they get regular exercise.
This is a little known breed in Perth but interest is growing as they become more popular. With a name that sounds like an exotic Italian sportscar they are a hardier version of the ever popular poodle with all that breed’s appeal and a harder edge which many people find appealing.
Hi we have a Lagotto--she is chocolate brown with some white hair and 1 white patch. Her muzzle looks golden due to her colouring. She is lovely,active and has all the attributes you menyioned. Some do experience genetic problems and must be tested for eyesight, hip displasia and juvenile epilepsy. Check with your breeder that these criteria hAVE BEEN MET . Enjoy your puppy--ours,morgana is 9 months old and is a joy!!!carol leroux Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 12:55 AM