- Nat's back for Telethon
- Aussies to join Ebola fight
- Sanderson opens up after sacking
- Are we past Love Thy Neighbour?
- Wishing Windies well
- 3000 Perth people left council-less
- Hayley Dodd's Garden
- Angry: SAf talkback reacts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Forbes on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulGee Whiz I'm going to miss you informative show. more
- Dellas on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 What great social change has Colin Barnett ever made?Did he stop conscription? Did he bring in support for single ... more
- Flash on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr Barnetts comments are of no relevance. If Mr Barnett had just 5% of Mr Whitlam's abilities the state of WA would be 500% ... more
- colin on Gough Whitlam dead at 98 Mr barnetts comments ,shows all w.a. what sort of person he is ,history will show Mr Whitlamas the game changer in our ... more
- Carol on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing I am disgusted at the fact that they are worried and now bitching to the gov for more special privileges. They do not ... more
- Kevin on Paul Murray Retires Good luck Paul. By far 6PR's most politically astute presenter, you will be a loss. I hope the MD can find a top class ... more
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Dellas on Abbey's Project That "Abbey" gave consent to the Family Law Court to have contact with her father speaks tellingly about the nature of child ... more
- Dellas on PM's adviser backs burqa ban I hate to point out the obvious typo, Paul, but isn't Peta's surname spelt Cretin? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
RIP Jim Stynes 1966 - 2012
The passing of James 'Jim' Stynes, following a long battle with cancer, has left the community mourning more than just a talented AFL player. Jim was a leader and a role model on the field as well as off, becoming a youth worker, philanthropist and proud father. He will be missed by all.
Jim's wife Sam Stynes posted this message her Facebook page:
Jim Stynes’ died on tuesay the 20th of March at 8.20 a.m.. Jim was pain free, dignified and peaceful. Matisse and Tiernan were present. Not surprisingly, in his last week of life Jim continued to defy the odds and lived his life to the fullest attending the Melbourne vs. Hawthorn football match, his son Tiernan’s 7th Birthday celebration, The MFC Blazer Ceremony and a casual Friday night dinner at Toplinos in his much loved suburb St.Kilda. In his final days Jim was immersed with insurmountable love and tenderness surrounded by his family and some close friends in the comfort of his own home.
On behalf of Jim my heartfelt thanks to all those who have so generously cared for, guided and supported Jim throughout his challenging cancer battle. The list of people to thank reaches far and wide but for now I would like to make special mention of those that went far and beyond the call of duty, Dr Grant Macarthur from The Peter McCallum Centre, Dr Grahame Southwick from the Australian Institute of Plastic Surgery, Professor Jeffrey Rosenfeld from The Alfred Hospital, Dr Peter Sherwan from Freemasons Hospital and the team at Cabrini Palliative Home Care that combined with Jim’s fighting spirit resulted in Jim’s extended three year life journey.
It is an incredibly sad time, however Jim in his passing, has made us see that in our grief that we can smile in our hearts for a beautiful man who will forever hold a special place in the hearts of many. Jim’s lesson is that life was to be challenged and treasured. Sam Stynes.
Brad Hardy,Brownlow medallist and 6PR commentator, spoke to Paul Murray about the legacy that was left by Jim Stynes. Brad said that Jim was the type of man who always left things in better condition than he found them, whether it was an organisation or a person.
A true champion on and off the field.You are much loved by not only the footy family, but the community in general that you contributed much of your precious time.Thanks big fella. You leave us with heavy hearts and swollen eyes.We will miss you mate.Thoughts go to your beautiful family.mark feld Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 1:14 PM
RIP Jimmy - the Grand Old Flag still flies thanks to your selfless efforts. A wonderful man who'll be remembered for his selfless approach to life. No controversy, just an honest, hard working bloke who everyone could relate to.Neil Gardner Tuesday 20 March, 2012 - 9:22 AM