- Nahan's budget warning
- 'Homophobic Bullock a set back'
- O'Farrell resigns over gift
- One text ended three young lives
- Two dead in mine collapse
- Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court'
- Taxi industry in shock
- Regardless of form Naitanui plays
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
- Cheryl on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My heart breaks for Sally and her family and my sympathies go out to them on the loss of their beautiful Sheber. A ... more
- Nick on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This makes me absolutely furious....what a guttles, spineless germ you must be. You haven't amounted to anything in your ... more
- Diana on Carparks full by 5.40am Unfortunately no-one else can use these carparks, as commuters take them all. Another problem that needs to be sorted out. more
- Diana on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Much love to Sheber and her family. You were with her at the end, and she knew. Thank God for that. more
- betty riley on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog a bootcamp will help these people to get away from the drugs they are on. more
Rinehart's Youtube address
Mining magnate Gina Rinehart has used a video address to blame falling investment confidence in Australia on the carbon tax and the looming resources rent tax. Also copping a serve were high wages and the government's 'class warfare' campaign.
The address, presented to the Sydney Mining Club, lasted almost 10 minutes and calls for members to push harder for a more competitive tax and investment regime to win back investment from emerging markets such as West Africa and Brazil.
Gina didnt say that Australians should work for $1 per day. She said Africans ARE working for $1per day. Imagine if her special economic zone in the north had flat taxes for all people living and working there of 10% rather than the current 37 and 45% that they currently are. Better still tax free. In that case the gross wages could Australian wages fall by 15% and both workers and business will be much better off. This would include teachers, police, shop keepers anyone working and living in the zone. Wouldnt everyone be better off and the government would retain its new mining and carbon taxes. She is trying to stimulate debate as it is an election year isnt it ? No one in Australia will benefit if all the new projects are developed in Africa and elsewhere. Gina and her family will never be short of a quid so she may in fact be worrying about the Nation as the Prime Minister often likes to say.Andrew Friday 7 September, 2012 - 11:47 AM
Yes Dellas, I and probably the rest of the country see the discrepancy and hypocrisy with Gina's comments here and last week too. Considering she was born into immense wealth and has probably never physically worked in her life before, this really is a joke. If she had been born poor and built this empire up herself through hard work then it wouldn't be such a joke. Maybe she should just shut up and go back to her 3 hour boozy lunches to which she has probably had plenty by the looks of her.Chick of Perth Friday 7 September, 2012 - 6:50 AM
Excuse me: one fat lady with a wealth of pearls and diamonds around her neck speaking about miners working for a buck a day does not sit well with me.
Does anyone else see the obvious discrepancy?Dellas Thursday 6 September, 2012 - 9:01 PM
Here is a lady who earnt the large portion of her inheritence from royalities when these same overpaid and unproductive miners did the work others didn't want to do -(neither does Gina's kids want to work AT ALL) - in places no one else wanted to work - (neither did Gina or her father live there).
The ore these overpaid - unproductive Australian workers dug up and sent to Japan and China, is the same ore, Gina got her millions of dollars from everyday in royalities. Menawhile she and her kids did the really hard work - finding a way to spend it !!!!!
Gina be brave and blame the hundreds of greedy businesses overcharging on their mining tenders - just as much as you blame the people who will earn in a lifetime - what you earn in a day.!Chris Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 2:00 PM
Australia is too expensive, but if we don't get a decent wage, and not peanuts as you want us to, how are we to survive. You inherit an empire and then expect us to work for you as they do in third world countries (low wages) while you live in all your wealth brought to you by hard working people. Start by reducing the cost of living and then maybe wages can reflect it. I need the money I make just to survive. Get into the real world.Annette Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 7:37 AM