- Abbey's Project
- Shark attacks surfer
- I'm not funding terrorism
- Arrogance will end Hird's career
- Sun sets on Bluey's coaching
- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
Rinehart's Youtube address
Mining magnate Gina Rinehart has used a video address to blame falling investment confidence in Australia on the carbon tax and the looming resources rent tax. Also copping a serve were high wages and the government's 'class warfare' campaign.
The address, presented to the Sydney Mining Club, lasted almost 10 minutes and calls for members to push harder for a more competitive tax and investment regime to win back investment from emerging markets such as West Africa and Brazil.
Gina didnt say that Australians should work for $1 per day. She said Africans ARE working for $1per day. Imagine if her special economic zone in the north had flat taxes for all people living and working there of 10% rather than the current 37 and 45% that they currently are. Better still tax free. In that case the gross wages could Australian wages fall by 15% and both workers and business will be much better off. This would include teachers, police, shop keepers anyone working and living in the zone. Wouldnt everyone be better off and the government would retain its new mining and carbon taxes. She is trying to stimulate debate as it is an election year isnt it ? No one in Australia will benefit if all the new projects are developed in Africa and elsewhere. Gina and her family will never be short of a quid so she may in fact be worrying about the Nation as the Prime Minister often likes to say.Andrew Friday 7 September, 2012 - 11:47 AM
Yes Dellas, I and probably the rest of the country see the discrepancy and hypocrisy with Gina's comments here and last week too. Considering she was born into immense wealth and has probably never physically worked in her life before, this really is a joke. If she had been born poor and built this empire up herself through hard work then it wouldn't be such a joke. Maybe she should just shut up and go back to her 3 hour boozy lunches to which she has probably had plenty by the looks of her.Chick of Perth Friday 7 September, 2012 - 6:50 AM
Excuse me: one fat lady with a wealth of pearls and diamonds around her neck speaking about miners working for a buck a day does not sit well with me.
Does anyone else see the obvious discrepancy?Dellas Thursday 6 September, 2012 - 9:01 PM
Here is a lady who earnt the large portion of her inheritence from royalities when these same overpaid and unproductive miners did the work others didn't want to do -(neither does Gina's kids want to work AT ALL) - in places no one else wanted to work - (neither did Gina or her father live there).
The ore these overpaid - unproductive Australian workers dug up and sent to Japan and China, is the same ore, Gina got her millions of dollars from everyday in royalities. Menawhile she and her kids did the really hard work - finding a way to spend it !!!!!
Gina be brave and blame the hundreds of greedy businesses overcharging on their mining tenders - just as much as you blame the people who will earn in a lifetime - what you earn in a day.!Chris Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 2:00 PM
Australia is too expensive, but if we don't get a decent wage, and not peanuts as you want us to, how are we to survive. You inherit an empire and then expect us to work for you as they do in third world countries (low wages) while you live in all your wealth brought to you by hard working people. Start by reducing the cost of living and then maybe wages can reflect it. I need the money I make just to survive. Get into the real world.Annette Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 7:37 AM