- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- ANZAC sunset services
- Seriously? Our flag's made overseas?
- Bulk bill co payment likely
- It's ok for Boys to cry
- Glass didn't mean to do it
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
Private vs public health
Can the public health system support everyone or should Private cover be compulsory? Tony McManus fleshed out the pros and cons of the two systems with Andrew Walton from HBF, 6PR's Steve Collins and a whole a lot of callers.
6PR producer Steve Collins joined Tony McManus to discuss the reasons why he feels that private health insurance is a waste of time.
$2 a day X 365 days=$730 a year. Add to this the Medicare you have to pay and it is not cheap. You have to pay Medicare regardless. I have always wondered why it is illegal to be insured for your car, house etc twice, but you can insure yourself under 2 health systems. The private health companies have their qualifying periods and have it all worked out and it really isn't worth it if you don't have any health problems or very few. You are never covered for the whole amount anyway. I have had a couple of things done in the public health system-free of charge and the waiting periods were only a couple of months and are pretty happy. I have also had 2 children under the public health system and a friend of mine had to pay $5000 for the same treatment because she went private-go figure!Chick of Perth Thursday 15 March, 2012 - 4:57 PM
Oh, give me strength!
Plan your operations or procedures if you've private health insurance.
However, if in pain and distress, you'll end up in a public hospital.
Well, doesn't god, health insurance and governments work in mysterious and manipulative ways?
This has happened to me in a public hospital while having declared my private health insurance statis.
The nurses...all contracted.
The doctors...the "specialists"...all too busy, too overworked.
"The Specialist", by the name of F Abdul Aziz, stay clear of: actually, I'd like to hear from those who have had a colonscopy performed by this creature and his little minions at Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital.
Near clapped eye on this person,may he rot in hell and his nasty female hellions.Dellas Thursday 15 March, 2012 - 2:47 PM