- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- MKR pair has slow boil appeal
- ANZAC sunset services
- Seriously? Our flag's made overseas?
- Bulk bill co payment likely
- It's ok for Boys to cry
- Glass didn't mean to do it
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
Prison labour at Fiona Stanley?
Mr Redman told Paul Murray earlier that he had no problem with the use of prison labour in the community, including the new Fiona Stanley Hospital that is 200 meters away from the Hospital.
A Serco press release, delivered to 6PR, denyed that prisoners will be used at Fiona Stanley nor had they been considered to be used there.
The Corrective Services Minister at a press conference on the steps of Parliament House back flipped on comments made to 6PR earlier that he was happy with prisoners to be used at Fiona Stanley Hospital.
The Minister stated clearly that no prison labour would be used at the new public hospital. A clear departure from the statements made to Paul Murray on the Morning program.
United Voice Assistant Secretary, Carolyn Smith, says they had heard rumours of the move to use prisoners to replace workers at Fiona Stanley Hospital who they represent but couldn't confirm it until told by 6PR.
John Welsh from the Prison Officers Union says that the use of prisoners with violent behaviour records and charges for unsupervised community work is a bad idea, especially when they are being used inside a hospital.
To P Ralph you are quite correct, don't they also have to obtain a working with children check as well, mabey SERCO and Collin Barnett don't care about these things but the public of WA certainly doDr WHO Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 12:13 PM
I listened to the press release from Serco and I agree with you Paul that probably wont use prisoners at Fiona Stanley NOW but I have no doubt they were going to. The other issue is that there has been nothing as far as community consultation about the Rangeview facility containing prisoners with violent convictions or records. In fact we were promised that there would be minimal risk prisoners. Who the hell can we trust here? I voted for these idiots but never again.Dylan Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:46 AM
How do existing inmates of the prison system acquire a Police Clearance to work in the Fiona Stanley Hospital. Honest citizens must apply for a Police Clearance at considerable cost before they are able to be employed.P Ralph Tuesday 27 March, 2012 - 10:05 AM