- Tempers flair in GST stand-off
- McGowan backs medical marijuana
- 'Criminal hypocrisy'
- MC's offensive rant at school quiz night
- Will price rise end your habit?
- Chisel's back!
- Darren's dazzling designs
- City to Surf Road Closures
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
- Peter Nel on On the lamb in Scarborough These animals look like goats,dressed in sheep clothing. more
- Jacky on On the lamb in Scarborough They're sheep, I haven't seen a goat with a long tail more
- justsomeguy,youknow on Is it time for full deregulation? If Sunday trading has been such a runaway success as it is why the need to change pay rates.Rhetorical question.Because it's ... more
- Carole Wynne on Foley murder raises ransom questions We should never pay ransom money no matter what terrorist are cowardly scum and giving them money will just encourage them ... more
- Carole Wynne on 'It's like child abuse': AMA Immunisation is personal choice not child abuse I had my kids immunised but I can understand why some parents don't and ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal In what arena of war and conflict have any of your sensitive male bloggers fought?And "Amanda" can bare her breasts and her ... more
- alex p on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal perhaps we should only recruit the SAS from the pure of heart, like priests and choir boys. I know who I would turn to in an ... more
- Kerry on Woof woof is this the end? I think a more appropriate headline would have read: Are the greyhounds dog gone? more
- James Redden on No friction between Palmer and Wang Why does 6pr constantly use the pseydenoum "Sir Rumor" every time they are fed lies from the liberal party. The bias is ... more
- Matthew on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal @ Jess get over it - these are trained killers, yes we train them to kill not to cuddle.Let the boys blow off some steam, ... more
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Chris on 'I have to keep my distance' Dear Carl, I absolutely feel the pain you are going through as a parent. I for one also have had to deal with the pain and ... more
- Dellas on Job ads: Indigenous only What's to know about Aboriginal or Indigenous employment? It's been in existence since 1984.Just ask Andrew Forrest's view ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM