- I have a circus degree
- Ecstasy use on the rise
- Portrait placement a potty idea
- Burqua ban backflip
- Dear Treasurer. A letter by Larry
- Dragon still rockin' 40 years on
- In the flame zone
- Sports Today's 2015 Caufield Cup Sweep for TAB Touch
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- sandy kersey on Paul Murray Retires I will miss you Paul Best wishes to you and your wife !! Enjoy more
- Conservative John on Paul Murray Retires Enjoy your travel Paul. I hope 882 don't do their normal thing and replace you with some old hack, they need new blood. more
- Dellas on Watermelon prices set to skyrocket Watermelons and rock melons used to be grown in the Swan Valley.There was such a glut that, at the end of some seasons they ... more
- Dellas on Game show sexism? Re-phrase the question and then it wouldn't be sexist; ie, "Name something Men think is a woman's job"?Or..."name something ... more
- Pepita on Paul Murray Retires A massive loss to journalism in WA, Paul will leave big shoes to fill. Would be nice to see a woman take drive though to ... more
- Graham on Paul Murray Retires Hi PaulWhy are you waiting till end of 2014 ?What are the labor Party going to do without you marketing them ? more
- Walter on Crying poor after the boom How is it Premier Barnett uses the argument that the increased volume output of iron ore will compensate for fall in its ... more
- Luke Reymond on Bali weddings in tatters Sadly Paul and Catherine Williams of Bali D'Luxe weddings conned my little sister out of $25,000 and on the day the ... more
- troy on Paul Murray Retires not happy Paul, u r a person for the people ,. god bless more
- Mr Cranky on Paul Murray Retires Paul,I haven't always agreed with you,informative and precise comes to mind with your presentation.Time to enjoy life,all ... more
- Brian Whitby on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear the news that you are retiring Paul. We have had or difference of opinion on a few occasions but you I listen ... more
- Allan Bowes on Paul Murray Retires I'd like to wish Paul all the best for the future.Thoroughly enjoyed your shows in the morning and afternoon.You will be ... more
- troy on Lunch and innuendo with Graham great to hear Grahem on Peters show well dunregards Troy more
- Steve on Dampier's 'Hammer Time' experience I like the audio - "...we'll move like billy-o".You've been hanging with the nicest people, hammerhead. more
- Mick on Let Andy's death mean something "planning to erect a heartfelt, yet confronting plaque near the hotel" This is best to be planted in a cemetery. more
- Dr Pamela Schulz on Abbey's Project There is clearly a disconnect between the system and its flawed outcomes and those who seek remedies from it. My research on ... more
- Family Court of Western Australia on Abbey's Project To view a Letter to the Editor from the Chief Judge of the Western Australian Family Court outlining proceedings in Abbey's ... more
- Christine on Bravest thing I've ever seen Fantastic interview Gary with Robbie this morning about Sean Pollard's shark attack. Love your work. Good luck to Sean his ... more
- Lana on Abbey's Project Thanks to people like Hetty who understand these issues and speak out. We also need to remember that getting a child sexual ... more
- Robyn Cotterell-Jones on Abbey's Project Community services say report children at risk, but do not have the capacity to investigate even 20% of serious matters. If ... more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM