- New threat to live trade
- "Shark policy is a media stunt"
- Kite racers hit Perth
- Police arrest Bad Santa
- Go fish! It's good for you
- Kill zones, drum lines but no cull
- Granny mummies on the rise
- Protesters urge 'no cull' policy
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- cagediving on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull lets do great white cage diving and shark feeding for tourism in the metro area. this tourism is very popular in south ... more
- Rob Wylde on Protesters urge 'no cull' policy There are over 300 comments on my FB page about the shark cull. Not one agrees.Is this government not listening again more
- Andrew on Granny mummies on the rise No surprise ....when you have a state government that has turned the thumbscrews on the populus and made the cost of living ... more
- Andrew on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull What a funny species we are....hundreds get killed on our roads every year and we don't bat a bloody eye lid because its ... more
- Chris on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Yea lets chum the waters 1km from swimming beaches with drum lines and hope the fishos get them before they get a swimmer, ... more
- Steve on Mental health woes exposed Hi PaulIt's puzzling how the council of official visitors have failed to acknowledge the mistreatment of residents living ... more
- Lucy Blundell on Gonski. WA funding disappears Sorry but does your opposition education spokesperson actually have a brain? Last time I looked WA hadn't signed up to ... more
- Andrew on Flight attendants fear insecticide Maybe thats what is behind all our politicians broken promises, all the frequent flying has affected their brain cells. more
- Andrew on Prepare for the worst Q .....what plans has Colin Barnett or which ever minister is responsible put in place? My guess would be none as most plans ... more
- Tricia on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am in love with Kent - please don't let him go !!!!!! more
- marilyn on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I love listening to millsy every morning and i am looking forward to Basil joining him,anyone who says Basil has no ... more
- Andrew on Our loss is Brisbane's win Is it any wonder this state is seen as backwards. Once again another case of Barnetts folly but then again we are talking ... more
- Dellas on The Life of Nelson Mandela Who deserves be Australia's representative at this face of freedom, Nelson Mandela's, funeral?No-one.We're too busy turning ... more
- Andrew on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Honestly 6PR what are you thinking? more
- Maureen on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 If Kent goes so do I. The Breakfast Show will not be the same. I'm sorry Millsy I love your show but not if Basil is going ... more
- Matt on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I won't be tuning into breakfast anymore when Basil joins. It's been great listening to Millsy and Kent, but I will be ... more
- What's going on on Bathtub protest halts logging This industry is unsustainable both financially and ecologically. Logging runs at a loss for the state. We the tax payers ... more
- maree parker on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Millsy and Kent were/are the most easy going and humorous pairing. 6PR what are you thinking? First Howard and now Kent, and ... more
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
Premier Colin Barnett joins Paul Murray, fortnightly, to discuss affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM