- Unrestrained kids
- Abandoned because he's disabled
- Detention centre health concerns
- Twiggy's bold idea
- WA Toursim invests in China
- Is this Perth's biggest lemon?
- I'll take it day by day
- Police monitor WA radicals
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Shane on Abandoned because he's disabled I hope when she returns to Australia her other child is removed from her. That is her son and she just left him, she does ... more
- Jacky on Abandoned because he's disabled Hi,I find these people DISCUSTING & not deserving of any children. They should be made to pay for that poor little boys ... more
- Chris on WA Toursim invests in China Regarding China Southern - I'm an Aussie flying in / out of China monthly. Most flights are with CS ( and Malaysian ... more
- Marney on Councils rate rise fury Hey nice one Peter about your comment on the rates prizes at Stirling City Council.... you say you would have preferred the ... more
- eve fisher on That's one tough koala Loved the story about the Koala Bear, I could not stop laughing, not apologising, because we NEED more FUNNY STORIES and we ... more
- Ronda on Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead Go Lisa. A past student of mine. more
- talie on Sue's Tour Highlights To Gary - the long canal and fountains are Peterhof outside of St Petersburg. Summer holiday palace. Even on a grey day it ... more
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM