- Perth needs to grow up
- Six storeys in 10 days
- Not your average Joe
- Leaf our ficus alone
- No sex for 12 months
- Epileptic toddler uses cannabis
- French Giants heading to Perth
- S.O.F. Save Our Ficus
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM