- Hopes for Nalder
- 25c a day to eat your veggies
- QLD Liberal attacks shark policy
- Clubs WA want liquor changes
- How Apple shifts billions
- We're an overpriced backwater
- It was my first racist experience
- "Save Medicare" website launched
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jester4212 on Ludlam's offer to 'homophobe' PM Typical Green's party nonsense. Not a big turnout :) Looks like the only people interested in this lot are themselves. more
- Sarah Elliott on HPV vaccination debate Dellas, there is no way that previous vaccines would have caused any of your daughters conditions. Many anitvaxxers love to ... more
- Bron on HPV vaccination debate It saddens me to read the post about the mother who is now frightened for her daughter. This is Judy Wilymans agenda, to ... more
- Dellas on HPV vaccination debate This story has scared me.Not for myself but for my daughter who has recently been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome ... more
- Rocky on Pub bans indigenous patrons Tell the publican she can stick that BS apology fair up her Coolgardie Hole. more
- Dellas on How to be a classy drinker Suffice to say, I am stirred but not surprised, or shaken, by this advertisement.I can't believe (yes, I do, actually) the ... more
- adam on Beggars bagging $400 a day Who would Humiliate themselves sitting there on the street for 8 hours begging. The $400 a day line sounds manufactured, its ... more
- Damien on Beggars bagging $400 a day Despicable that Scaffidi and her ilk are refusing to acknowledge the larger issues behind the growing number of unemployed ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day Cont...Is this really about professional beggars? In the ABC news article "Perth business executives pose as homeless ... more
- Bob on Beggars bagging $400 a day It's a good thing that these "scum" (sarcasm), can't partake in sharing in quenching their thirst on the refreshing upmarket ... more
- boondog on $7m bill hard to swallow You state $7.24 million could pay for either 100 nurses or school staff, the $26 million used for the update and fit out of ... more
- paul on Racist assault caught on video listening to them sounds like they no him by stating he was blind girl in white laughing themselves dressed like skanks its ... more
- gwen ferry on Racist assault caught on video I find this odd, the fact that two well dressed young women, for no apparent reason, would start abusing an elderly ... more
- Diana on Racist assault caught on video News goes on to detail viewers concern for the kids onboard, rather than blind man. Let's keep his ordeal front and centre. more
- Gary on Racist assault caught on video The big mistake in all this was the man who threw the handbag out after their sorry ar**s. He should have taken it to the ... more
- Dellas on Beggars bagging $400 a day Oh, well, it pays to advertise.Perhaps, if it offends your precious sensibilities, just walk on by.And, Lisa Scaffidi, Colin ... more
- Craig on Beggars bagging $400 a day Lisa Scaffidi, stop hiding behind "there but for the grace of God go I". You behave like a spoilt brat, with far too much ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on $7m bill hard to swallow One would presume paying advance payments in a legal dispute, to attempt a settlement, would be like arming an enemy with ... more
- jennja on $7m bill hard to swallow This is typical of Mr Smirky, stand up and tell the people that everything is going up, people are being made redundant, ... more
- Julie on Coffee stopped Well done. I emailed Troy Buswell as he is the Minister and put a notation on my Facebook page. Shame to all that did this ... more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
Premier Colin Barnett joins Paul Murray, fortnightly, to discuss affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM