- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- Money trail tacks terror link
- Police thwart terror plan
- Albany ANZAC ban stands
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
Premier Colin Barnett
Premier Colin Barnett joins Gary Adshead, once a month, to discuss this and other affairs of state and answers questions from 6PR listeners.
If you missed the live broadcast but still want comment on what was said you can call 9221 1882 or fill in the form below and leave a message.
Disgrace what govt are doing with 457 visa holders looking to charge $4k per child for public education....they pay same tax, not free loading and the goalposts have been moved. Invited and encouraged by govt to come to WA and most of them on same salary as Aussie citizens...shame on you Barnett as it stinks of economy mismanagement and add on other attacks on educationDEAN Wednesday 11 September, 2013 - 7:48 AM
The following is from a full page add - Canning Times 3 Sept 2013.
The City of Canning is preparing a submission to the Local Government Authority Board responding to proposed boundary changes. We will be making Our Submission by October 4.
My observations are:
The City of Canning is the ratepayers, who have no say in the submission as the Commissioner and the Premier will not listen to them.
This make the process undemocratic and disenfranchises the ratepayers.
Mr Barnett does not care any way.
We are yet to see a cost analysis listing assets and liabilities of the proposed merger and the ratepayer are being treated like mushroom.
Like the Premier and the Commissioner, the whole Canning/Gosnells merger proposal is an utter disgrace.Bill Prince Wednesday 4 September, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Oh come on Premier!
You can't seriously believe that we accept the decision to can the rapid bus network for Ellenbrook was based on it being uneconomical and not a good use of money? What a crock of politics!
If it was too costly then that should have been brought up at the early stages of costings and canned well before the election campaign.
There were animations of the proposed routes, bus mock ups and media releases ready to go. That doesn't happen until it is ticked off by senior bureaucrats or the minister.
Or perhaps your ministries have their due diligence ass about face on million dollar projects.
When are you going to roll out the new ministerial position of Minister for Bulltish!
Or is that something that is just part of the role of Premier.Josh Wednesday 28 August, 2013 - 9:44 AM
I thought Rudd & Gillard were 2 of the most Arrogant of our current Politicians until I started listening to 'Emperor' Barnett.
On a scale of 1-10 he rates a 12.
As to Deception he has a similar rating. As a Deception Detection specialist I have had many a giggle over some of the current Politicians 'Promises'
I never followed Politics in my life but as practise for my Profession I find their utterances a great source of research into 'Spin'Jack Saturday 3 August, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Emperor Barnett says he's merging councils, forcing them, claiming its to provide better services for communities. Better libraries,pools, community events etc. As a resident in Kwinana,who's council and community oppose a merger, we are experiencing rapid growth and development,from commercial and residential constructions to shopping centres,to playgrounds and a library, our new one,Darius Wells, which he has just attended and led a liberal function. The list goes on. We've many community events and fetes and fairs. We're a close community spirited city. All things he mentions he's doing it for arent what we need. We already have it. We fear we will lose what we already have an abundance of if mergers take place, as he dictates they will.
I know council has worked tirelessly preparing detailed submissions why we won't benefit from mergers. And why we should stand alone.
Clearly demonstrating our strong economy, growth and progress mapped well into the future. Council has fought hard processes and submissions over a long period. Its more than arguable he can say we need help. We quite simply and obviously don't. Appears our submissions have not been considered at all.
We are NOT one of the councils he says need to amalgamate for survival of services into the future and for benefit of communities.
Appears reasons stated its being done to be false, as those who are strong financially and in growth, services and community spirit and events, are being forced to do so.
Quite simply, the requirement for the necessity of the reforms, to benefit communities, does not ring true in our City of Kwinana.
We dont need help. There's other motives and agendas at play in this issue. But that's a different story entirely.Wayne Steegstra Wednesday 31 July, 2013 - 3:57 PM
I seldom write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here Paul Murray and the Premier.
And I do have some questions for you if you usually do not mind.
Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these responses appear like
they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other online sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you
have to post. Would you list of every one of all your
public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin
profile?overweight guys Thursday 6 June, 2013 - 6:33 PM