- The Life of Nelson Mandela
- Banking On Our Art
- Booragoon Vitality
- DivaLicious for Christmas
- Striking a Chord in Kwinana
- Having trouble streaming 6PR?
- New app helps direct help
- Prison manager hoarding drugs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
- Hardman on Violence on the streets This has been happening on Perth Streets for years.BUTUnless the Victim or Perp is High Profile or the injuries are Fatal or ... more
- Andrew on Demetriou denies Hird deal Demetriou was an ordinary player and he continues in that vain as head of the AFL he has done more to harm the game than ... more
- Andrew on Cuts impact disabled students This is a disgrace and the culprit is Colin Barnett who has shown he sees no value in supporting education or those who work ... more
- David on Department abandoned me OMG Linda your plight is the same as mine . I too worked for DCS and as you spoke it was like I was in your shoes. I too ... more
- Andrew on Violence on the streets The sooner these gutless wonders are caught the better and lets start getting tough on these cowardly thugs. No more slap ... more
- Chris on Morrison slams Labor This mob of hypocrites damning Labor for doing what they did for the last 3 years but somehow it's not right when it's done ... more
- Dellas on Photo ban at kids sport Actually, Andrew, we are not in decline."Rock-spiders" have always existed.I am sorry that you live in a world of total ... more
- cath on Department abandoned me The Department and Risk Cover is a big Joke..Prev Head of Correctional Services walks away with a big fat payout, I'm one ... more
- Dellas on Bathtub protest halts logging A Bathtub on tree with a man in it!Please give me more of these so-called random acts of anarchy.When a tree falls in the ... more
- foo1 on Department abandoned me I was absolutely shocked to hear about the ordeal that this poor woman has suffered at the hands of a few heartless ... more
- Dellas on We've struggled in WA Why did it cost my sister an acceptable $107.00 to send a box containing all of the boxed Limited Edition Gumnut Babies ... more
- Andrew on We've struggled in WA Don't they know it's the festive season? They've only had 11 months to prepare for hiring extra staff. more
Pharmacist, Gerald Quigley
Pharmacist Gerald Quigley joins 6pr every Friday at 1.30 to answer your queries about modern medicine and every day prescriptions. Call and be part of the show on 9221 1882 or listen to the most recent segment right here.
Topics from Friday 17-05-2013
1. Food Allergy Awareness Week has just finished. If you do have somebody in your family with a sensitivity to a particular food, seek as much advice as you can. New information is coming out all the time, new suggestions are being made, and it's all about getting the best quality f life outcomes for both you and your gamily member, If you have an EpiPen, be confident it its use at all times.
2. Hard, rough skin can be easily removed with gentle rubbing using a ounce stone in the shower, then applying UREDERM CREAM each night and morning. This cream contains 10% urea, which softens tough skin areas, and encourages healthy skin growth from underneath.
3. SOUVENAID is the new nutritional supplement for Alzheimer's patients. It is available at the pharmacy and is a once-a-day drink, best kept in the fridge.
4. Dry Eyes after surgery are very common. TEARS AGAIN is a convenient dry eye remedy, applied over the CLOSED eye. It's a very fine spray mist, easy to use
5. Krill oil is the new, convenient omega-3 supplement which does't cause the fishy aftertaste so often found in standard fish oil supplements. Usual dose is 500mg once a day.
Please advise me as to the best medicinal or non medicinal things to take for the prevention of sea sickness?
Eddedd scully Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:04 PM
Could you put the name of the honey you recommended for psoriasis on here please. It was a manuka honey and I think it may have medi in the name. We bought a jar of MediHoney but it says anti-bacterial honey, not Manuka honey. Not sure if it is the correct one.
Much appreciated thanksNoelle Lindsay Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 8:10 AM
on todays show 18 Jan 13 you talked about a tiredness problem with taking of cholesterol medication and recommended a supplement but I could not catch the name of it as I was driving. Please can you tell me what it is
AllanAllan Hutcheson Friday 18 January, 2013 - 2:10 PM
Do you have any suggestions for bad breath?Don Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 3:40 PM
thank you Gerald for your advice. I listen to you each week with Tony McManus have heard you endorse Therma Life.I brought a tube for my husband and it has helped him so much. thank you Geraldrhonda Friday 21 September, 2012 - 6:28 PM
I really enjoy listening to gerald eachweek. Ifind him very helpfulrhonda Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 8:04 PM