- Bill to ban cigarette sales
- Free but monitored
- Man arrested in Melbourne raids
- Pointlessly poignant.
- Pain program scrapped
- Big business's big tax breaks
- Too expensive to fix?
- From asylum to surgeon
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
- Abdullah on "She has no idea" The poor women, she should have kept her mouth shut.she does not know what she is talking about.Abdullah more
Pharmacist, Gerald Quigley
Pharmacist Gerald Quigley joins 6pr every Friday at 1.30 to answer your queries about modern medicine and every day prescriptions. Call and be part of the show on 9221 1882 or listen to the most recent segment right here.
Topics from Friday 17-05-2013
1. Food Allergy Awareness Week has just finished. If you do have somebody in your family with a sensitivity to a particular food, seek as much advice as you can. New information is coming out all the time, new suggestions are being made, and it's all about getting the best quality f life outcomes for both you and your gamily member, If you have an EpiPen, be confident it its use at all times.
2. Hard, rough skin can be easily removed with gentle rubbing using a ounce stone in the shower, then applying UREDERM CREAM each night and morning. This cream contains 10% urea, which softens tough skin areas, and encourages healthy skin growth from underneath.
3. SOUVENAID is the new nutritional supplement for Alzheimer's patients. It is available at the pharmacy and is a once-a-day drink, best kept in the fridge.
4. Dry Eyes after surgery are very common. TEARS AGAIN is a convenient dry eye remedy, applied over the CLOSED eye. It's a very fine spray mist, easy to use
5. Krill oil is the new, convenient omega-3 supplement which does't cause the fishy aftertaste so often found in standard fish oil supplements. Usual dose is 500mg once a day.
Please advise me as to the best medicinal or non medicinal things to take for the prevention of sea sickness?
Eddedd scully Tuesday 29 January, 2013 - 2:04 PM
Could you put the name of the honey you recommended for psoriasis on here please. It was a manuka honey and I think it may have medi in the name. We bought a jar of MediHoney but it says anti-bacterial honey, not Manuka honey. Not sure if it is the correct one.
Much appreciated thanksNoelle Lindsay Sunday 27 January, 2013 - 8:10 AM
on todays show 18 Jan 13 you talked about a tiredness problem with taking of cholesterol medication and recommended a supplement but I could not catch the name of it as I was driving. Please can you tell me what it is
AllanAllan Hutcheson Friday 18 January, 2013 - 2:10 PM
Do you have any suggestions for bad breath?Don Tuesday 15 January, 2013 - 3:40 PM
thank you Gerald for your advice. I listen to you each week with Tony McManus have heard you endorse Therma Life.I brought a tube for my husband and it has helped him so much. thank you Geraldrhonda Friday 21 September, 2012 - 6:28 PM
I really enjoy listening to gerald eachweek. Ifind him very helpfulrhonda Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 8:04 PM