- Perth needs to grow up
- Six storeys in 10 days
- Not your average Joe
- Leaf our ficus alone
- No sex for 12 months
- Epileptic toddler uses cannabis
- French Giants heading to Perth
- S.O.F. Save Our Ficus
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
Perth's Favourite Teacher
6PR and Teachers Credit Union are looking for PERTH’s FAVOURITE TEACHER
Great teachers have the power to motivate, inspire and shape the lives of our children. Now 6PR celebrates PERTH’S FAVOURITE TEACHER - the teacher that makes a real difference.
Over the past few weeks, we've taken hundreds of nominations. The winning teacher and their school will win a share of $15 000 of the $20 000 prize pool, and every nominator is in the draw to win $5 000.
Nominations have closed but we have collected all of the nominees here for you to listen to why they have been chosen as one of Perth's Favourite Teachers.
And the winner is.....Tracey Walker from Willandra Primary in Seville Grove.
A very excited Tracey spoke to Paul Murray on the Morning program after she received her $10,000 prize and her school, Willandra Primary was awarded $5,000.
mrs walker you are the best teacher in the world congratulationsmadison wright Saturday 17 March, 2012 - 1:11 PM
miss walker u are the best teacher in the worldlillyrose Monday 12 March, 2012 - 8:42 PM
Well done Tracey! You are an asset to Willandra Primary Schoolsarah Monday 12 March, 2012 - 7:00 PM
Congratuations Tracey, you are truly a deserving winner! Thankyou for being an awesome teacher!Fiona Monday 12 March, 2012 - 4:22 PM
Wow Tracey Walker.
We are all so proud of you for your special achievement in being nominated and winning Perth's Favourite Teacher. You are an inspiration to all of us at Willandra and our children are lucky to have you at our school. You are a positive and enthusiastic role model and we love working with you. Congratulations to you and your family. You are an extremely deserving winner.Angela Sarti Monday 12 March, 2012 - 12:11 PM
Tracey Walker, you are a true inspiration to everyone who has met you. We are so happy your excellent teaching has been recognised. Best of luck, you are awesome!!!!!!!rachel Saturday 10 March, 2012 - 8:12 PM