- Simpson pulls Freo plug
- The barbaric bump is dead
- Possibility of more packages
- AHA want penalty rate changes
- How do you stop Sandilands
- Power's Liverpool weapon fires
- Pratt concedes defeat
- Nahan's budget warning
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
- Val on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My Deepest Sympathy goes to the owners of Sheber. I hope the useless thugs who killed your beautiful dog get punished with a ... more
- Termoil on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog My tears fall for Sheber, a defenceless, innocent, helpless loved family dog. HOW CRUEL. HOW UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL. ... more
- Carole Wynne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Hope they get caught soon let's all see what the cowards look like. I am so angry my heart breaks for the family . more
- Maxine Kent on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog This has made me so sick. Their are just no words for this terrible crime. I cant even think of it as I cry just like so ... more
- Stacey on Carparks full by 5.40am I agree - if the buses ran more regularly, more people would catch this option to the train station. Hourly is not good ... more
- Kat on Carparks full by 5.40am I would like to see the buses that connect to the train stations run on a more regular basis. During the week days my bus ... more
- Jodi on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog I am sorry to hear of what happened to your dog. I too have a 15 year old dog called Sheba. I can only imagine how you feel. ... more
- Anne on Mongrels bash 15yr old dog Certainly the judicial system is a problem.However the root causes are clearly the unravelling of social morality, and in ... more
People smugglers in Australia
A Four Corners report has embarrassed the Gillard government by proving that people smugglers are operating out of Australia. Paul Murray spoke to Four Corners reporter Sarah Ferguson about her investigation.
Why are women the most conservative, racist and dare I say, vitriolic in opinion?
For all the Anne's, Penny's Gillian's and Olga's (now THAT's not an Australian name, is it?),methinks there must be a Thomas, Richard, Harold, even a Georgio behind all this womanly outrage.
Ask yourself, ladies, what, and who, has dictated (funny word, that) your opinions.Dellas Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 7:23 PM
Nothing has been proven, only asserted. Nothing has been clarified, only presumed. I can make documentaries and write news articles too... Furthermore one aspersion cast should not be used against the crowd.
The ABC is a credible news agency however the ABC also got wrong major pieces which led to the NT Intervention, and also portrayed as Gospel testimony that which will later came from sources who were not who were they claimed by the ABC reporting to be and in turn embarrassed them however too little too late for the damage done since.
How about waiting a while here and stepping back a little?Gerry Georgatos Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 12:25 PM
Gillard, Bowen and Rudd are responsible for this fiasco, they abandoned John Howard's policy, that worked, it stopped the boats. Today, there is a massive welcome mat for this flourishing people smuggling trade.
The government can start by simply agreeing to reinstate the very policies that it scrapped when it came to office.Ann Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 2:54 PM
I am dumb founded by this, absolutley stunned. These people should be on the first plane back including the family members that lied to get into this country prior to the arrival of the smugglers. I do not think Overseas processing would have prevented this but temporary protection visa's will.Gillian Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Look at the latest media release from the Immigration Minister's office: http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb187242.htm
Quote from this release:
"'Tony Abbott's destructive negativity knows no bounds. He criticises the Government for boat arrivals, and yet yesterday he voted 'no' in the House of Representatives to block offshore processing legislation,' Mr Bowen said.".
This is consistent message that this Minister's media releases have been pushing for the last few months. As if the problem is with the symptom (illegal migrants arriving on boats) rather than the cause (criminal activity of people smuggling syndicates).
All I can see in such statements is hypocrisy.
I clearly remember Tony Abbott saying months ago about a plan based on intelligence to fight back at criminal people smuggling operations, and working officially together with Indonesia on this.
If the Minister's job description said "for all bad things, blame opposition", then he is on the spot. However, by all accounts of fairness and common sense, this Government has failed atrociously and what is even worse - they are not willing to learn.Olga Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I watched Sarah Ferguson last night on channel 2 and I have to congratulate her for bringing the whole people smuggling racket to the surface. It is an absolute disgrace and the government should be held accountable. The money that they are spending out on the assylum seakers has to stop and start putting it to better use. It makes you wonder whether or not centrelink is being rorted also by these people. This all boils down to when Kevin Rudd was in power when he changed the border protection policy.Penny Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:28 AM