- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
People smugglers in Australia
A Four Corners report has embarrassed the Gillard government by proving that people smugglers are operating out of Australia. Paul Murray spoke to Four Corners reporter Sarah Ferguson about her investigation.
Why are women the most conservative, racist and dare I say, vitriolic in opinion?
For all the Anne's, Penny's Gillian's and Olga's (now THAT's not an Australian name, is it?),methinks there must be a Thomas, Richard, Harold, even a Georgio behind all this womanly outrage.
Ask yourself, ladies, what, and who, has dictated (funny word, that) your opinions.Dellas Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 7:23 PM
Nothing has been proven, only asserted. Nothing has been clarified, only presumed. I can make documentaries and write news articles too... Furthermore one aspersion cast should not be used against the crowd.
The ABC is a credible news agency however the ABC also got wrong major pieces which led to the NT Intervention, and also portrayed as Gospel testimony that which will later came from sources who were not who were they claimed by the ABC reporting to be and in turn embarrassed them however too little too late for the damage done since.
How about waiting a while here and stepping back a little?Gerry Georgatos Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 12:25 PM
Gillard, Bowen and Rudd are responsible for this fiasco, they abandoned John Howard's policy, that worked, it stopped the boats. Today, there is a massive welcome mat for this flourishing people smuggling trade.
The government can start by simply agreeing to reinstate the very policies that it scrapped when it came to office.Ann Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 2:54 PM
I am dumb founded by this, absolutley stunned. These people should be on the first plane back including the family members that lied to get into this country prior to the arrival of the smugglers. I do not think Overseas processing would have prevented this but temporary protection visa's will.Gillian Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Look at the latest media release from the Immigration Minister's office: http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb187242.htm
Quote from this release:
"'Tony Abbott's destructive negativity knows no bounds. He criticises the Government for boat arrivals, and yet yesterday he voted 'no' in the House of Representatives to block offshore processing legislation,' Mr Bowen said.".
This is consistent message that this Minister's media releases have been pushing for the last few months. As if the problem is with the symptom (illegal migrants arriving on boats) rather than the cause (criminal activity of people smuggling syndicates).
All I can see in such statements is hypocrisy.
I clearly remember Tony Abbott saying months ago about a plan based on intelligence to fight back at criminal people smuggling operations, and working officially together with Indonesia on this.
If the Minister's job description said "for all bad things, blame opposition", then he is on the spot. However, by all accounts of fairness and common sense, this Government has failed atrociously and what is even worse - they are not willing to learn.Olga Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I watched Sarah Ferguson last night on channel 2 and I have to congratulate her for bringing the whole people smuggling racket to the surface. It is an absolute disgrace and the government should be held accountable. The money that they are spending out on the assylum seakers has to stop and start putting it to better use. It makes you wonder whether or not centrelink is being rorted also by these people. This all boils down to when Kevin Rudd was in power when he changed the border protection policy.Penny Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:28 AM