- The Life of Nelson Mandela
- Banking On Our Art
- Booragoon Vitality
- DivaLicious for Christmas
- Striking a Chord in Kwinana
- Having trouble streaming 6PR?
- New app helps direct help
- Prison manager hoarding drugs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
- Hardman on Violence on the streets This has been happening on Perth Streets for years.BUTUnless the Victim or Perp is High Profile or the injuries are Fatal or ... more
- Andrew on Demetriou denies Hird deal Demetriou was an ordinary player and he continues in that vain as head of the AFL he has done more to harm the game than ... more
- Andrew on Cuts impact disabled students This is a disgrace and the culprit is Colin Barnett who has shown he sees no value in supporting education or those who work ... more
- David on Department abandoned me OMG Linda your plight is the same as mine . I too worked for DCS and as you spoke it was like I was in your shoes. I too ... more
- Andrew on Violence on the streets The sooner these gutless wonders are caught the better and lets start getting tough on these cowardly thugs. No more slap ... more
- Chris on Morrison slams Labor This mob of hypocrites damning Labor for doing what they did for the last 3 years but somehow it's not right when it's done ... more
- Dellas on Photo ban at kids sport Actually, Andrew, we are not in decline."Rock-spiders" have always existed.I am sorry that you live in a world of total ... more
- cath on Department abandoned me The Department and Risk Cover is a big Joke..Prev Head of Correctional Services walks away with a big fat payout, I'm one ... more
- Dellas on Bathtub protest halts logging A Bathtub on tree with a man in it!Please give me more of these so-called random acts of anarchy.When a tree falls in the ... more
- foo1 on Department abandoned me I was absolutely shocked to hear about the ordeal that this poor woman has suffered at the hands of a few heartless ... more
- Dellas on We've struggled in WA Why did it cost my sister an acceptable $107.00 to send a box containing all of the boxed Limited Edition Gumnut Babies ... more
- Andrew on We've struggled in WA Don't they know it's the festive season? They've only had 11 months to prepare for hiring extra staff. more
People smugglers in Australia
A Four Corners report has embarrassed the Gillard government by proving that people smugglers are operating out of Australia. Paul Murray spoke to Four Corners reporter Sarah Ferguson about her investigation.
Why are women the most conservative, racist and dare I say, vitriolic in opinion?
For all the Anne's, Penny's Gillian's and Olga's (now THAT's not an Australian name, is it?),methinks there must be a Thomas, Richard, Harold, even a Georgio behind all this womanly outrage.
Ask yourself, ladies, what, and who, has dictated (funny word, that) your opinions.Dellas Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 7:23 PM
Nothing has been proven, only asserted. Nothing has been clarified, only presumed. I can make documentaries and write news articles too... Furthermore one aspersion cast should not be used against the crowd.
The ABC is a credible news agency however the ABC also got wrong major pieces which led to the NT Intervention, and also portrayed as Gospel testimony that which will later came from sources who were not who were they claimed by the ABC reporting to be and in turn embarrassed them however too little too late for the damage done since.
How about waiting a while here and stepping back a little?Gerry Georgatos Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 12:25 PM
Gillard, Bowen and Rudd are responsible for this fiasco, they abandoned John Howard's policy, that worked, it stopped the boats. Today, there is a massive welcome mat for this flourishing people smuggling trade.
The government can start by simply agreeing to reinstate the very policies that it scrapped when it came to office.Ann Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 2:54 PM
I am dumb founded by this, absolutley stunned. These people should be on the first plane back including the family members that lied to get into this country prior to the arrival of the smugglers. I do not think Overseas processing would have prevented this but temporary protection visa's will.Gillian Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Look at the latest media release from the Immigration Minister's office: http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb187242.htm
Quote from this release:
"'Tony Abbott's destructive negativity knows no bounds. He criticises the Government for boat arrivals, and yet yesterday he voted 'no' in the House of Representatives to block offshore processing legislation,' Mr Bowen said.".
This is consistent message that this Minister's media releases have been pushing for the last few months. As if the problem is with the symptom (illegal migrants arriving on boats) rather than the cause (criminal activity of people smuggling syndicates).
All I can see in such statements is hypocrisy.
I clearly remember Tony Abbott saying months ago about a plan based on intelligence to fight back at criminal people smuggling operations, and working officially together with Indonesia on this.
If the Minister's job description said "for all bad things, blame opposition", then he is on the spot. However, by all accounts of fairness and common sense, this Government has failed atrociously and what is even worse - they are not willing to learn.Olga Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I watched Sarah Ferguson last night on channel 2 and I have to congratulate her for bringing the whole people smuggling racket to the surface. It is an absolute disgrace and the government should be held accountable. The money that they are spending out on the assylum seakers has to stop and start putting it to better use. It makes you wonder whether or not centrelink is being rorted also by these people. This all boils down to when Kevin Rudd was in power when he changed the border protection policy.Penny Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:28 AM