- Possible ban on unvaccinated kids
- Oaklahoma latest
- Academics: Lift drinking age
- Moora suicides an 'epidemic'
- Farmers to fight wind farm
- Don't sign NDIS yet
- Tornado strikes Oaklahoma City
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alec Strachan on Graham Mabury's top award A worthy recipient indeed.. Well done Graham, your blood is worth bottling.. Al more
- Mick on Your suburb, your voice Colin Barnett, cut every thing to the bone for the average and needy. But large increases for your cronies and the wealthy. ... more
- Dellas on Government staff pay rises Never thought Dixie Marshall would/could be bought to become nothing more than a cash cow.I thought a lot of her as a woman ... more
- wayne bishop on Butt out yeah right increase the prices more to pay the govt. debt so the govt. can waste and blow away more money and the govt. ... more
- Kevin Boyle on Would you vote for this guy? Go Clive, you got my vote, its about time that someone stands and says it for what it is !!!!we work to hard to be treated ... more
- Mei-Lee Morris on Asbestos awareness walk Hey Guys!! Well done!! Keep up the good work!!! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!!! more
- Johnny on Foreign aid delay If bob carr stopped wasting millions on traveling around the world they might be able to pay the foreign aid !! Do they ... more
- Dellas on We'll sign NDIS on our terms Western Australia. The richest, yet most draconian State in the country.Colin Barnett, Helen Morton and Troy, ... more
- sherley dionne on Engelbert Humperdinck engelbert,you are (TU EST D,UN AUTRE MONDE)GENTLEMEN,CHARISME EXTRAORDINAIRE,GREAT TALENT,BEAUTÃ? DIVINE ,LOVE YOUR ... more
- Kylie Welsh on We'll sign NDIS on our terms NDIS - I am a mother of an 8 yr old boy who was born with Spastic Quadraplegia Cerebral Palsy. He is non verbal, fed through ... more
- steve thornton on We'll sign NDIS on our terms In Victoria the state government signed up and then raised my disabled sons rent by 27% the next day. more
- Dellas on Horse racing has a problem When one looks at it in a cold logical light, horses really have no place in the modern world, do they?Except for greedy, ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Just one question where is all the money from the mining boom ??? more
- Johnny on Broken promises unacceptable Lets have a recall election that might keep the mongrels honest !! more
- Peter on Broken promises unacceptable Good article the only error is that Larry calls it a stadium, where in actual fact it should be called "Colin's Colosseum" more
- Luc Del Casale on More boats To those that are refering to the Malaysian solution, if you actually read the policy that sends 800 illegals for 4000 ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Barnett should stand down he is not fit to run this state he is like Gillard over spent cant manage the money wants to build ... more
- jacques v on Referendum on local council Since local govt are not recognized in the Australian constitution, why has the states included local govt in their ... more
- Alastair on More marriages, more money Everyone regardless of race, colour, gender etc is entitled to the same rights regardless of who they are, otherewise this ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on Referendum on local council The Gillard Governments rationalisation of a fair and equitable carve-up to WA as witnessed in the NBN, NDIS and GST, would ... more
People smugglers in Australia
A Four Corners report has embarrassed the Gillard government by proving that people smugglers are operating out of Australia. Paul Murray spoke to Four Corners reporter Sarah Ferguson about her investigation.
Why are women the most conservative, racist and dare I say, vitriolic in opinion?
For all the Anne's, Penny's Gillian's and Olga's (now THAT's not an Australian name, is it?),methinks there must be a Thomas, Richard, Harold, even a Georgio behind all this womanly outrage.
Ask yourself, ladies, what, and who, has dictated (funny word, that) your opinions.Dellas Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 7:23 PM
Nothing has been proven, only asserted. Nothing has been clarified, only presumed. I can make documentaries and write news articles too... Furthermore one aspersion cast should not be used against the crowd.
The ABC is a credible news agency however the ABC also got wrong major pieces which led to the NT Intervention, and also portrayed as Gospel testimony that which will later came from sources who were not who were they claimed by the ABC reporting to be and in turn embarrassed them however too little too late for the damage done since.
How about waiting a while here and stepping back a little?Gerry Georgatos Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 12:25 PM
Gillard, Bowen and Rudd are responsible for this fiasco, they abandoned John Howard's policy, that worked, it stopped the boats. Today, there is a massive welcome mat for this flourishing people smuggling trade.
The government can start by simply agreeing to reinstate the very policies that it scrapped when it came to office.Ann Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 2:54 PM
I am dumb founded by this, absolutley stunned. These people should be on the first plane back including the family members that lied to get into this country prior to the arrival of the smugglers. I do not think Overseas processing would have prevented this but temporary protection visa's will.Gillian Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Look at the latest media release from the Immigration Minister's office: http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb187242.htm
Quote from this release:
"'Tony Abbott's destructive negativity knows no bounds. He criticises the Government for boat arrivals, and yet yesterday he voted 'no' in the House of Representatives to block offshore processing legislation,' Mr Bowen said.".
This is consistent message that this Minister's media releases have been pushing for the last few months. As if the problem is with the symptom (illegal migrants arriving on boats) rather than the cause (criminal activity of people smuggling syndicates).
All I can see in such statements is hypocrisy.
I clearly remember Tony Abbott saying months ago about a plan based on intelligence to fight back at criminal people smuggling operations, and working officially together with Indonesia on this.
If the Minister's job description said "for all bad things, blame opposition", then he is on the spot. However, by all accounts of fairness and common sense, this Government has failed atrociously and what is even worse - they are not willing to learn.Olga Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I watched Sarah Ferguson last night on channel 2 and I have to congratulate her for bringing the whole people smuggling racket to the surface. It is an absolute disgrace and the government should be held accountable. The money that they are spending out on the assylum seakers has to stop and start putting it to better use. It makes you wonder whether or not centrelink is being rorted also by these people. This all boils down to when Kevin Rudd was in power when he changed the border protection policy.Penny Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:28 AM