- Affordability Scheme shake-up
- No Glory Crisis for Sage
- Duncraig kid ready to roll
- Brace for super swine flu
- Consumers gloomy on future
- Labor lobbies for WA's vote
- Girls charged over brawl video
- Drum lines debut in directory
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Girls charged over brawl video Nice one, 6pr.Also nice to know that all the advertisers got a good look-in.I mean, you know, who could let pass such a ... more
- Lynette Wight-Pickin on WA won't be disappointed I am confident we have in place the best choice of Federal government. It would be really good if the Libs get all their ... more
- Lorraine Mcintyre on Drum lines debut in directory This is a "SUPERAWESOME" Effort guys,We appreciate Everything,that helps keep Awareness & education to the general ... more
- Kerry White on Is a 10 year ban enough? She should have been given a prison sentence and a life ban on owning animals. Disgusting woman. more
- Bob Jackman on Mabury calls it a night As one of the first people Graham helped on nightline and an ongoing relationship for many years including a tv spot on a ... more
- Mustafa on Drum lines debut in directory Well done Wayne Oakley! I'll be tracking down some QPA Street directories for my vehicles! more
- Peta Charles on Is a 10 year ban enough? No No No. A life time ban for this "thing" (human). Roberta Walton and ALL others like her should not, can not have the ... more
- Paul on Is a 10 year ban enough? Maybe that "thing" who calls itself a human should be put down.....I never cease to be amazed by so called "humans" who ... more
- donnella buxton on Is a 10 year ban enough? It is truly so cruel, if she could not afford to feed them she should have given them away. This woman is heartless.SHE ... more
- Mark on Is a 10 year ban enough? Its best for me not to comment because what I say would not be displayed. Thank you Mr May from RSPCA more
- Michelle de Vattimo on Is a 10 year ban enough? Absolutely disgusting! These people should NEVER be able to own or look after any animal! I really don't know how some ... more
- Bryan Jary on Is a 10 year ban enough? She should have received a prison sentence. more
- chris on Is this Buswell's last straw? Before everybody calls high and mighty remember that Alanah Mctiernan was caught drink drinker and speeding whilst being ... more
- wayne on Is this Buswell's last straw? A lot of excuses to right a wrong and get sympathy, another pollie get away with drink driving more
- David Cotton on Is this Buswell's last straw? Looking above at comments by Monnie, might be minor damage but what if he had run over a child and killed them.Along with ... more
- Lorraine Collier on Is this Buswell's last straw? it is about time Buswell was gone and I think the same for Barnett. He has broken promises he made and has taken money from ... more
- Diana on Is this Buswell's last straw? Is it really necessary to hound Buswell, as will happen? He's broken, isn't that enough? more
- Monnie on Is this Buswell's last straw? Minor damage - modern bumpers are flimsy things held on by clips and fall off at the slightest bump. Give the guy a break more
- Paul Bowers on Is this Buswell's last straw? Both the Premier and Troy Buswell should stand down to maintain confidence in our government,there is an obvious cover-up. ... more
- Dellas on We're an overpriced backwater Yep, that's exactly what we are."Up-ourselves regardless".The tyranny of distance seems to have attracted many peoples from ... more
People smugglers in Australia
A Four Corners report has embarrassed the Gillard government by proving that people smugglers are operating out of Australia. Paul Murray spoke to Four Corners reporter Sarah Ferguson about her investigation.
Why are women the most conservative, racist and dare I say, vitriolic in opinion?
For all the Anne's, Penny's Gillian's and Olga's (now THAT's not an Australian name, is it?),methinks there must be a Thomas, Richard, Harold, even a Georgio behind all this womanly outrage.
Ask yourself, ladies, what, and who, has dictated (funny word, that) your opinions.Dellas Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 7:23 PM
Nothing has been proven, only asserted. Nothing has been clarified, only presumed. I can make documentaries and write news articles too... Furthermore one aspersion cast should not be used against the crowd.
The ABC is a credible news agency however the ABC also got wrong major pieces which led to the NT Intervention, and also portrayed as Gospel testimony that which will later came from sources who were not who were they claimed by the ABC reporting to be and in turn embarrassed them however too little too late for the damage done since.
How about waiting a while here and stepping back a little?Gerry Georgatos Wednesday 6 June, 2012 - 12:25 PM
Gillard, Bowen and Rudd are responsible for this fiasco, they abandoned John Howard's policy, that worked, it stopped the boats. Today, there is a massive welcome mat for this flourishing people smuggling trade.
The government can start by simply agreeing to reinstate the very policies that it scrapped when it came to office.Ann Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 2:54 PM
I am dumb founded by this, absolutley stunned. These people should be on the first plane back including the family members that lied to get into this country prior to the arrival of the smugglers. I do not think Overseas processing would have prevented this but temporary protection visa's will.Gillian Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 11:18 AM
Look at the latest media release from the Immigration Minister's office: http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/cb/2012/cb187242.htm
Quote from this release:
"'Tony Abbott's destructive negativity knows no bounds. He criticises the Government for boat arrivals, and yet yesterday he voted 'no' in the House of Representatives to block offshore processing legislation,' Mr Bowen said.".
This is consistent message that this Minister's media releases have been pushing for the last few months. As if the problem is with the symptom (illegal migrants arriving on boats) rather than the cause (criminal activity of people smuggling syndicates).
All I can see in such statements is hypocrisy.
I clearly remember Tony Abbott saying months ago about a plan based on intelligence to fight back at criminal people smuggling operations, and working officially together with Indonesia on this.
If the Minister's job description said "for all bad things, blame opposition", then he is on the spot. However, by all accounts of fairness and common sense, this Government has failed atrociously and what is even worse - they are not willing to learn.Olga Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I watched Sarah Ferguson last night on channel 2 and I have to congratulate her for bringing the whole people smuggling racket to the surface. It is an absolute disgrace and the government should be held accountable. The money that they are spending out on the assylum seakers has to stop and start putting it to better use. It makes you wonder whether or not centrelink is being rorted also by these people. This all boils down to when Kevin Rudd was in power when he changed the border protection policy.Penny Tuesday 5 June, 2012 - 9:28 AM