- Dawson's big decision
- Brad Scott wants to settle the score
- Yarran and Malthouse make up
- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
More police budget cuts
The State Government has told WA Police to slash $10 million from its budget. This latest cut comes after $21 million was wiped from WA Police earlier in the year. Howard Sattler spoke with Police Minister Liza Harvey, WA Police Union President George Tilbury and Shadow Police Minister Michelle Roberts.
There's nothing particularly complicated about any of this. The Barnett Government are playing their usual statistics manipulation propaganda and what worries me about this situation and the disgraceful cover-up and public vilification of a CCC witness re Karl O'Callaghan saga is that the media and public of Western Australia appear to just eat it up. READ: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLASH 31 MILLION DOLLARS FROM THE POLICE BUDGET AND EXPECT TO DELIVER ON PROMISED IMPROVED/INCREASED SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC. FURTHER, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE COMMISSIONER DISINGENUOUSLY TRIES TO TELL YOU, THAT THE FRONT LINE WILL NOT TO BE AFFECTED. Vote for Barnett, believe his and the Commissioner lies and condone O'Callaghan's vilification of anyone who questions his status, but please don't stick your head in the sand and let Barnett/Harvey/O'Callaghan urinate on you and call it lemonade.Tez Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 8:24 PM
Howard has it got to the point where the police only go to jobs that enable the government to make money out of it like hiding in bushes catching speeders and not worrying about some poor bugger getting all his possessions stolen .. Shame ColinJohn Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 4:19 PM
Slashing the police budget is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. Are we talking about the men and women that that put their lives on the line on a daily basis so we can all sleep a little more comfortably at night knowing that there are a select few individuals willing to stop crime in our cities?
Have a look at the current crime in our city and try to understand how a person could bash a 90 year old senior citizen, how a party turns so violent, how people can go around king hitting others and killing them and then seem to be back on the streets in a matter of weeks. The Government should be tripling their funding with a third of it going for a pay rise to the boys and girls that walk, ride, drive our streets.
Letâ??s see if you have a different view, If you were to lose your son, Daughter, Mother, Father, Sister or brother, to a Murderer , Drunk Driver, Violent Criminal etc.Alex Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:15 AM
Mr 'Jacko' is correct in his estimation of the 'union guy'. He is just another board member/president playing the usual emotion charged Political football they always have to keep members distracted from the reality that the Union has been selling them out in practical terms for their own promotional prospects since their inception and that is why members still have no compensation, no vicarious liability, no pension plan or other employee rights beyond 1892 status. There is a good reason why the WAPU Board is the best place to get promoted in the WAPOL. Having said that, how exactly can a Minister (lets just presume for a non-discerning moment the most miniscule degree of integrity a Politician can possibly retain) slash 31 million from the Police budget whilst promising improved presence. Does Barnett and his mob really think we are that stupid??? Umm, wait...dohPaul Monday 8 October, 2012 - 11:12 PM
I agree with the government's cuts across the board (not just police) in times when spending can easilly get out of hand and create a bigger problem down the track. Ms Roberts and the police union guy are just blabbermouths with no financial responsibilities - time they both woke up. The other infrastructures are needed and have been talked about for decades - Barnett's government has got on and done things that Labor just talked about. Regarding the Premier's new office - I recall hearing that long term it will save us money and let's face it, it centralises government into one precinct - a good moveJacko Saturday 6 October, 2012 - 1:06 PM