- Abbey's Project
- Shark attacks surfer
- I'm not funding terrorism
- Arrogance will end Hird's career
- Sun sets on Bluey's coaching
- Over 55's chasing adventure
- Video:Daylight Dog theft
- PM's adviser backs burqa ban
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ono notagain on PM's adviser backs burqa ban Who elected Peta Credlin? She even appeared at the U.N. in our name. Why is this woman given so much authority? She is NOT ... more
- Male RN on Show exhibit in poor taste? If people think its funny, its only because you are either so ignorant or innocent of what mental health really is.Alot of ... more
- Denise on "She has no idea" The media are trying to the same thing they did on Pauline Hanson. Run her out. You watch. Media is controlled by ... more
- Diana on Debt drop not enough State has billion dollar interest debt annually? Troy Buswell stated that years ago, not long after taking office? What's ... more
- Vlad on From the other side Good God, Is EVERYTHING becoming corrupt these days? Where will it end?Shamed that this bloke who sounds like an Aussie, and ... more
- Dellas on "She has no idea" Tell me, "tessata", was Hitler a Christian? Was Churchill?Where exactly is Dresden?Or Israel?And what was that ... more
- Leonard Pickel on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Poke them with sticks"? That is the problem when you vilify something that is not even open to the public yet. You have no ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? What precious creatures are little Joe and Danielle.Unless they have been at the pointy end (so to say) of the "Mental ... more
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CATHOLICS DALLAS SO WHY BRING THEM INTO IT.THE POPE AND NUNS DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO HIDE THEIR FACES ... more
- Danny O'Dea on Priddis the pride of WA YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! more
- Jurg Thommen on Road revenue being misused I got flashed in street without any speed limit signs doing 60 in a (supposed) 50 zone. Turned from a marked 60 road into ... more
- Joe Calleja on Show exhibit in poor taste? This is an example of how mental health remains stigmatized in the community. The Royal Show organizers are the people who ... more
- Danielle McCarney on Show exhibit in poor taste? It sounds like the exact kind of awful demonising of mental illness that mental health workers and allies have been trying ... more
- MERRIL ROBERTSON on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Get over it.!!!!!!! They were dressed as the Williams sisters and they are BLACK!!!!!!! If they didn't colour themselves, ... more
- Tracey on Insensitive, silly or plain stupid? Too many politically correct people.Who cares really?? When guys get dressed up as women should they be offended? ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? How about telling the doctors, nurses, "Mental Health" experts, hospitals and associated "stake holders" to stop ... more
- Dellas on Show exhibit in poor taste? "Tisk, tisk", I say.Since when did the so-called psychologically healthy ever STOP poking sticks (literally and ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Priddis the pride of WA Lissy & I say well deserved win for Priddis last night. I picked that he would win it. more
- tessata on "She has no idea" AS gary says Chistians DONT accept the violence in the OLD testament, but the thing is muslims DO accept the OLD ways of ... more
- tessata on "She has no idea" dr aly is yet another interlectual expert that doesnt live in the real world. Another muslim coverup. Yes Muslims are a ... more
Migration lift sparks debate
A federal plan to increase the number of skilled migrants to come to Australia has brought criticism from both the opposition and the Union movement. Paul Murray spoke to Opposition Immigration spokesperson, Scott Morrison and Gary Wood from the CFMEU.
CFMEU Mining Division, WA District Secretary, Gary Wood.
Opposition Spokesperson for Immigration, Scott Morrison.
I "got" with the program in 1987 and skill shortages were predicted by 1996.
What does it take for people to believe that training on the job means everything?
And that does not mean chopping and changing employers for tax purposes.
I'm really disgusted with this.
Skills shortage...give me breath.
"They" didn't know what they were doing then. And they still don't.Dellas Saturday 28 April, 2012 - 8:00 PM
Don't forget a large number of these people leave again after a few years. Two friends of mine (7yrs in Aus) just left for Qatar, sick of taxes and more and more restrictions of a nanny state.
Soo many Australians are leaving here too to work abroad because taxation is rampant and cities crowded.Ian Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 6:49 PM
Hahah 457 has become a joke. People are wising up to it. I only came on the understanding my employer would support me to become PR.
I am here on 457. Being here for the short term only it is almost impossible to make any money in 4 yrs here.
With huge housing costs, huge taxation, less and less ways for a 457 to get tax back, punitive interest for 457 (my car loan is 13%), having to pay for private overseas health insurance (twice the cost of Aussie health insurance but if i'm going back cannot lose my overseas on), having to pay 100% fees for daycare for kids, rubbish vacation compared to some countries, LAFHA being taken away.
If I don't get PR I will leave straight away to somewhere like Dubai where taxes are low and although I'm temporary I won't be seen as a cash cow and screwed over.
Australia is only worth coming to on 457 if its for a short time (live in an apartment away from home for a while) or if you are going to stay permanently and have a long time here once you have gotten over the initial losses (-ve NPV) of moving, buying cars etc.
It will take me about 3 years I think before I break even.
Great place to live, but as a PR not as a 457.
Only other alternative is 457 and live in Malaysia and commute her FIFO.Ian Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 6:44 PM