- Persistence paid off for Docker
- Pop-up rip-off
- "She has no idea"
- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
Mentally ill in community, not jail
Yesterday, Mental Health Minister Helen Morton announced the State Government will build two facilities to house mentally disabled offenders who are found unfit to stand trial by a judge. Howard Sattler spoke to MP for Forrestfield Andrew Waddell who doesn't want a facility built in his electorate and Kenwick resident Sandra who is outraged that she will soon live next door to a facility. Minister Morton also joined the debate.
Helen Morton,you are the best lady in the world. Why not build this good facility close to your house? Liberal party, no good.Peter Tom Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 10:00 PM
As someone who is a researcher in Australian custodial systems and who fully well knows that on average people come out worse of prisons than they went in, therefore this does not serve the public interest - I would like to see honest debate, not scare mongering generated from unvalidated premises. We're in this society business together you know, and with the rise of of various mental illness we need to pull together.
Get the facts straight when you hoist a yarn on this in the public domain, that is through-care journalism, and also the degree of the assumptions correct too please. You do a great a disservice to any cause when you scare people needlessly.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 30 July, 2012 - 6:53 AM
This Minister is again showing her arrogance to the community by her comments about Satler and people who spoke on the show.These so called medically unfit to plead people are perfectly sane when committing the crime but when apprehended have smart lawyers who tell them how to plead so called insanity to get a lighter sentence Back this up with Magistrates and Judges who thrive on being Politically correct and who listen to the 10% of the Do Gooders and totally ignore the 90% of honest people and the Minister has what she beleives is a point scoring exercise to show how good she is.This will come back to her when and if she has the gall to seek re election Come on Citizens lets show this arrogant minister what the community want.jim Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Do you know there are many facilities (just ordinary looking homes) in various Metro' areas which house either the intellectually disabled or those working through mental illness so as to return to the community?
There's a few in the area in which I live, yet I've never seen, nor heard talk about either group running riot through playgrounds, plucking children off the street or, horror of horrors, stalking the neighbourhood like some crazed Hollywood serial killer.
In fact, given some of the comments this story has generated, I'm wondering who needs to be protected from whom.Dellas Saturday 28 July, 2012 - 5:33 PM
I have expressed my concerns to the local business people of Kalumanda regarding one of there residents . I have told them that the minister for mental health has insulted the good people of Kenwick. All the good people of Kenwick will soon visit the good folk of Kalumunda to express our concern and recommend a prison for the insane be built in the middle of there good town.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 11:02 PM
I have already expressed my concerns to local people of kalamunda where the minister for mental health lives. I have told them that a member of there community has with total disregard offended the good people of Kenwick. I think all the people of Kenwick should visit her home . and express to her, do this in your your own home before inflicting on others . Kenwick is not the place for her human experiments . It's more like a scene from 1939.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 10:41 PM