- 6PR's Future of Footy Forum
- Premier Colin Barnett
- Unprepared for eCigs phenomenon
- Cubby house kerfuffle
- Qantas hit turbulence
- Apprentices aren't lazy
- PM hospital visit to justify bill claim?
- Time for E-Cigarette crackdown
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
- Peter Nel on On the lamb in Scarborough These animals look like goats,dressed in sheep clothing. more
- Jacky on On the lamb in Scarborough They're sheep, I haven't seen a goat with a long tail more
- justsomeguy,youknow on Is it time for full deregulation? If Sunday trading has been such a runaway success as it is why the need to change pay rates.Rhetorical question.Because it's ... more
- Carole Wynne on Foley murder raises ransom questions We should never pay ransom money no matter what terrorist are cowardly scum and giving them money will just encourage them ... more
- Carole Wynne on 'It's like child abuse': AMA Immunisation is personal choice not child abuse I had my kids immunised but I can understand why some parents don't and ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal In what arena of war and conflict have any of your sensitive male bloggers fought?And "Amanda" can bare her breasts and her ... more
- alex p on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal perhaps we should only recruit the SAS from the pure of heart, like priests and choir boys. I know who I would turn to in an ... more
- Kerry on Woof woof is this the end? I think a more appropriate headline would have read: Are the greyhounds dog gone? more
- James Redden on No friction between Palmer and Wang Why does 6pr constantly use the pseydenoum "Sir Rumor" every time they are fed lies from the liberal party. The bias is ... more
- Matthew on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal @ Jess get over it - these are trained killers, yes we train them to kill not to cuddle.Let the boys blow off some steam, ... more
- Helen Stephenson on Banned from ANZAC parade Political Correctness Gone Mad. Horses Were An Integral Part Of This Campaign And ShouldBe Included In The Ceremony. more
- Chris on 'I have to keep my distance' Dear Carl, I absolutely feel the pain you are going through as a parent. I for one also have had to deal with the pain and ... more
- Dellas on Job ads: Indigenous only What's to know about Aboriginal or Indigenous employment? It's been in existence since 1984.Just ask Andrew Forrest's view ... more
- Dellas on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal Yeah, right, Amanda, when these men go fight the good fight in fundamentalist Islamic countries, what do they yell at the ... more
- Jess on S.A.S in 'skimpy' scandal I think it is disgraceful they have been able to do this in a work location. If they want skimpys or strippers they should ... more
Mentally ill in community, not jail
Yesterday, Mental Health Minister Helen Morton announced the State Government will build two facilities to house mentally disabled offenders who are found unfit to stand trial by a judge. Howard Sattler spoke to MP for Forrestfield Andrew Waddell who doesn't want a facility built in his electorate and Kenwick resident Sandra who is outraged that she will soon live next door to a facility. Minister Morton also joined the debate.
Helen Morton,you are the best lady in the world. Why not build this good facility close to your house? Liberal party, no good.Peter Tom Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 10:00 PM
As someone who is a researcher in Australian custodial systems and who fully well knows that on average people come out worse of prisons than they went in, therefore this does not serve the public interest - I would like to see honest debate, not scare mongering generated from unvalidated premises. We're in this society business together you know, and with the rise of of various mental illness we need to pull together.
Get the facts straight when you hoist a yarn on this in the public domain, that is through-care journalism, and also the degree of the assumptions correct too please. You do a great a disservice to any cause when you scare people needlessly.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 30 July, 2012 - 6:53 AM
This Minister is again showing her arrogance to the community by her comments about Satler and people who spoke on the show.These so called medically unfit to plead people are perfectly sane when committing the crime but when apprehended have smart lawyers who tell them how to plead so called insanity to get a lighter sentence Back this up with Magistrates and Judges who thrive on being Politically correct and who listen to the 10% of the Do Gooders and totally ignore the 90% of honest people and the Minister has what she beleives is a point scoring exercise to show how good she is.This will come back to her when and if she has the gall to seek re election Come on Citizens lets show this arrogant minister what the community want.jim Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Do you know there are many facilities (just ordinary looking homes) in various Metro' areas which house either the intellectually disabled or those working through mental illness so as to return to the community?
There's a few in the area in which I live, yet I've never seen, nor heard talk about either group running riot through playgrounds, plucking children off the street or, horror of horrors, stalking the neighbourhood like some crazed Hollywood serial killer.
In fact, given some of the comments this story has generated, I'm wondering who needs to be protected from whom.Dellas Saturday 28 July, 2012 - 5:33 PM
I have expressed my concerns to the local business people of Kalumanda regarding one of there residents . I have told them that the minister for mental health has insulted the good people of Kenwick. All the good people of Kenwick will soon visit the good folk of Kalumunda to express our concern and recommend a prison for the insane be built in the middle of there good town.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 11:02 PM
I have already expressed my concerns to local people of kalamunda where the minister for mental health lives. I have told them that a member of there community has with total disregard offended the good people of Kenwick. I think all the people of Kenwick should visit her home . and express to her, do this in your your own home before inflicting on others . Kenwick is not the place for her human experiments . It's more like a scene from 1939.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 10:41 PM