- Your suburb, your say
- Butt out
- Government staff pay rises
- Graham Mabury's top award
- Subbies owed for Colin's Castle
- Parenting isn't a teacher's job
- Budget response
- Would you vote for this guy?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Government staff pay rises Never thought Dixie Marshall would/could be bought to become nothing more than a cash cow.I thought a lot of her as a woman ... more
- wayne bishop on Butt out yeah right increase the prices more to pay the govt. debt so the govt. can waste and blow away more money and the govt. ... more
- Kevin Boyle on Would you vote for this guy? Go Clive, you got my vote, its about time that someone stands and says it for what it is !!!!we work to hard to be treated ... more
- Mei-Lee Morris on Asbestos awareness walk Hey Guys!! Well done!! Keep up the good work!!! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!!! more
- Johnny on Foreign aid delay If bob carr stopped wasting millions on traveling around the world they might be able to pay the foreign aid !! Do they ... more
- Dellas on We'll sign NDIS on our terms Western Australia. The richest, yet most draconian State in the country.Colin Barnett, Helen Morton and Troy, ... more
- sherley dionne on Engelbert Humperdinck engelbert,you are (TU EST D,UN AUTRE MONDE)GENTLEMEN,CHARISME EXTRAORDINAIRE,GREAT TALENT,BEAUTÃ? DIVINE ,LOVE YOUR ... more
- Kylie Welsh on We'll sign NDIS on our terms NDIS - I am a mother of an 8 yr old boy who was born with Spastic Quadraplegia Cerebral Palsy. He is non verbal, fed through ... more
- steve thornton on We'll sign NDIS on our terms In Victoria the state government signed up and then raised my disabled sons rent by 27% the next day. more
- Dellas on Horse racing has a problem When one looks at it in a cold logical light, horses really have no place in the modern world, do they?Except for greedy, ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Just one question where is all the money from the mining boom ??? more
- Johnny on Broken promises unacceptable Lets have a recall election that might keep the mongrels honest !! more
- Peter on Broken promises unacceptable Good article the only error is that Larry calls it a stadium, where in actual fact it should be called "Colin's Colosseum" more
- Luc Del Casale on More boats To those that are refering to the Malaysian solution, if you actually read the policy that sends 800 illegals for 4000 ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Barnett should stand down he is not fit to run this state he is like Gillard over spent cant manage the money wants to build ... more
- jacques v on Referendum on local council Since local govt are not recognized in the Australian constitution, why has the states included local govt in their ... more
- Alastair on More marriages, more money Everyone regardless of race, colour, gender etc is entitled to the same rights regardless of who they are, otherewise this ... more
- Rusty of Fremantle on Referendum on local council The Gillard Governments rationalisation of a fair and equitable carve-up to WA as witnessed in the NBN, NDIS and GST, would ... more
- Dellas on We're more cynical of promises So true, Rod. This is a State without a conscience.Doesn't it make you wonder where all this money has gone? more
- dellas on New grading for pre-primary Why on earth would you want stupid people teaching your child?You know, people who use ridiculous words like "descriptors" ... more
Mentally ill in community, not jail
Yesterday, Mental Health Minister Helen Morton announced the State Government will build two facilities to house mentally disabled offenders who are found unfit to stand trial by a judge. Howard Sattler spoke to MP for Forrestfield Andrew Waddell who doesn't want a facility built in his electorate and Kenwick resident Sandra who is outraged that she will soon live next door to a facility. Minister Morton also joined the debate.
Helen Morton,you are the best lady in the world. Why not build this good facility close to your house? Liberal party, no good.Peter Tom Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 10:00 PM
As someone who is a researcher in Australian custodial systems and who fully well knows that on average people come out worse of prisons than they went in, therefore this does not serve the public interest - I would like to see honest debate, not scare mongering generated from unvalidated premises. We're in this society business together you know, and with the rise of of various mental illness we need to pull together.
Get the facts straight when you hoist a yarn on this in the public domain, that is through-care journalism, and also the degree of the assumptions correct too please. You do a great a disservice to any cause when you scare people needlessly.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 30 July, 2012 - 6:53 AM
This Minister is again showing her arrogance to the community by her comments about Satler and people who spoke on the show.These so called medically unfit to plead people are perfectly sane when committing the crime but when apprehended have smart lawyers who tell them how to plead so called insanity to get a lighter sentence Back this up with Magistrates and Judges who thrive on being Politically correct and who listen to the 10% of the Do Gooders and totally ignore the 90% of honest people and the Minister has what she beleives is a point scoring exercise to show how good she is.This will come back to her when and if she has the gall to seek re election Come on Citizens lets show this arrogant minister what the community want.jim Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Do you know there are many facilities (just ordinary looking homes) in various Metro' areas which house either the intellectually disabled or those working through mental illness so as to return to the community?
There's a few in the area in which I live, yet I've never seen, nor heard talk about either group running riot through playgrounds, plucking children off the street or, horror of horrors, stalking the neighbourhood like some crazed Hollywood serial killer.
In fact, given some of the comments this story has generated, I'm wondering who needs to be protected from whom.Dellas Saturday 28 July, 2012 - 5:33 PM
I have expressed my concerns to the local business people of Kalumanda regarding one of there residents . I have told them that the minister for mental health has insulted the good people of Kenwick. All the good people of Kenwick will soon visit the good folk of Kalumunda to express our concern and recommend a prison for the insane be built in the middle of there good town.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 11:02 PM
I have already expressed my concerns to local people of kalamunda where the minister for mental health lives. I have told them that a member of there community has with total disregard offended the good people of Kenwick. I think all the people of Kenwick should visit her home . and express to her, do this in your your own home before inflicting on others . Kenwick is not the place for her human experiments . It's more like a scene from 1939.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 10:41 PM