- Catch-and-kill "unnaceptable"
- Johnson's bouncer warning
- Holden out by 2017
- Groves murderer paroled
- New threat to live trade
- "Shark policy is a media stunt"
- Kite racers hit Perth
- Police arrest Bad Santa
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on "Shark policy is a media stunt" Of course this is a publicity stunt...Barnett and Buswell have little else to hang their hats on, so what better way to get ... more
- wayne on Trouble streaming 6PR? this was working very good before the changes ,I cannot get anything now even on chrome 6PR 3AW 4BC more
- Tamara on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Lets tag and monitor all predators from sharks to offenders of family violence. Make all predators wear tags to keep our ... more
- cagediving on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull lets do great white cage diving and shark feeding for tourism in the metro area. this tourism is very popular in south ... more
- Rob Wylde on Protesters urge 'no cull' policy There are over 300 comments on my FB page about the shark cull. Not one agrees.Is this government not listening again more
- Andrew on Granny mummies on the rise No surprise ....when you have a state government that has turned the thumbscrews on the populus and made the cost of living ... more
- Andrew on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull What a funny species we are....hundreds get killed on our roads every year and we don't bat a bloody eye lid because its ... more
- Chris on Kill zones, drum lines but no cull Yea lets chum the waters 1km from swimming beaches with drum lines and hope the fishos get them before they get a swimmer, ... more
- Steve on Mental health woes exposed Hi PaulIt's puzzling how the council of official visitors have failed to acknowledge the mistreatment of residents living ... more
- Lucy Blundell on Gonski. WA funding disappears Sorry but does your opposition education spokesperson actually have a brain? Last time I looked WA hadn't signed up to ... more
- Andrew on Flight attendants fear insecticide Maybe thats what is behind all our politicians broken promises, all the frequent flying has affected their brain cells. more
- Andrew on Prepare for the worst Q .....what plans has Colin Barnett or which ever minister is responsible put in place? My guess would be none as most plans ... more
- Tricia on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am in love with Kent - please don't let him go !!!!!! more
- marilyn on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I love listening to millsy every morning and i am looking forward to Basil joining him,anyone who says Basil has no ... more
- Andrew on Our loss is Brisbane's win Is it any wonder this state is seen as backwards. Once again another case of Barnetts folly but then again we are talking ... more
- Dellas on The Life of Nelson Mandela Who deserves be Australia's representative at this face of freedom, Nelson Mandela's, funeral?No-one.We're too busy turning ... more
- Andrew on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Honestly 6PR what are you thinking? more
- Maureen on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 If Kent goes so do I. The Breakfast Show will not be the same. I'm sorry Millsy I love your show but not if Basil is going ... more
- Matt on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I won't be tuning into breakfast anymore when Basil joins. It's been great listening to Millsy and Kent, but I will be ... more
- What's going on on Bathtub protest halts logging This industry is unsustainable both financially and ecologically. Logging runs at a loss for the state. We the tax payers ... more
Mentally ill in community, not jail
Yesterday, Mental Health Minister Helen Morton announced the State Government will build two facilities to house mentally disabled offenders who are found unfit to stand trial by a judge. Howard Sattler spoke to MP for Forrestfield Andrew Waddell who doesn't want a facility built in his electorate and Kenwick resident Sandra who is outraged that she will soon live next door to a facility. Minister Morton also joined the debate.
Helen Morton,you are the best lady in the world. Why not build this good facility close to your house? Liberal party, no good.Peter Tom Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 10:00 PM
As someone who is a researcher in Australian custodial systems and who fully well knows that on average people come out worse of prisons than they went in, therefore this does not serve the public interest - I would like to see honest debate, not scare mongering generated from unvalidated premises. We're in this society business together you know, and with the rise of of various mental illness we need to pull together.
Get the facts straight when you hoist a yarn on this in the public domain, that is through-care journalism, and also the degree of the assumptions correct too please. You do a great a disservice to any cause when you scare people needlessly.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 30 July, 2012 - 6:53 AM
This Minister is again showing her arrogance to the community by her comments about Satler and people who spoke on the show.These so called medically unfit to plead people are perfectly sane when committing the crime but when apprehended have smart lawyers who tell them how to plead so called insanity to get a lighter sentence Back this up with Magistrates and Judges who thrive on being Politically correct and who listen to the 10% of the Do Gooders and totally ignore the 90% of honest people and the Minister has what she beleives is a point scoring exercise to show how good she is.This will come back to her when and if she has the gall to seek re election Come on Citizens lets show this arrogant minister what the community want.jim Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Do you know there are many facilities (just ordinary looking homes) in various Metro' areas which house either the intellectually disabled or those working through mental illness so as to return to the community?
There's a few in the area in which I live, yet I've never seen, nor heard talk about either group running riot through playgrounds, plucking children off the street or, horror of horrors, stalking the neighbourhood like some crazed Hollywood serial killer.
In fact, given some of the comments this story has generated, I'm wondering who needs to be protected from whom.Dellas Saturday 28 July, 2012 - 5:33 PM
I have expressed my concerns to the local business people of Kalumanda regarding one of there residents . I have told them that the minister for mental health has insulted the good people of Kenwick. All the good people of Kenwick will soon visit the good folk of Kalumunda to express our concern and recommend a prison for the insane be built in the middle of there good town.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 11:02 PM
I have already expressed my concerns to local people of kalamunda where the minister for mental health lives. I have told them that a member of there community has with total disregard offended the good people of Kenwick. I think all the people of Kenwick should visit her home . and express to her, do this in your your own home before inflicting on others . Kenwick is not the place for her human experiments . It's more like a scene from 1939.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 10:41 PM