- Yarran and Malthouse make up
- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- They're off and waiting!
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
Mentally ill in community, not jail
Yesterday, Mental Health Minister Helen Morton announced the State Government will build two facilities to house mentally disabled offenders who are found unfit to stand trial by a judge. Howard Sattler spoke to MP for Forrestfield Andrew Waddell who doesn't want a facility built in his electorate and Kenwick resident Sandra who is outraged that she will soon live next door to a facility. Minister Morton also joined the debate.
Helen Morton,you are the best lady in the world. Why not build this good facility close to your house? Liberal party, no good.Peter Tom Thursday 2 August, 2012 - 10:00 PM
As someone who is a researcher in Australian custodial systems and who fully well knows that on average people come out worse of prisons than they went in, therefore this does not serve the public interest - I would like to see honest debate, not scare mongering generated from unvalidated premises. We're in this society business together you know, and with the rise of of various mental illness we need to pull together.
Get the facts straight when you hoist a yarn on this in the public domain, that is through-care journalism, and also the degree of the assumptions correct too please. You do a great a disservice to any cause when you scare people needlessly.
GerryGerry Georgatos Monday 30 July, 2012 - 6:53 AM
This Minister is again showing her arrogance to the community by her comments about Satler and people who spoke on the show.These so called medically unfit to plead people are perfectly sane when committing the crime but when apprehended have smart lawyers who tell them how to plead so called insanity to get a lighter sentence Back this up with Magistrates and Judges who thrive on being Politically correct and who listen to the 10% of the Do Gooders and totally ignore the 90% of honest people and the Minister has what she beleives is a point scoring exercise to show how good she is.This will come back to her when and if she has the gall to seek re election Come on Citizens lets show this arrogant minister what the community want.jim Sunday 29 July, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Do you know there are many facilities (just ordinary looking homes) in various Metro' areas which house either the intellectually disabled or those working through mental illness so as to return to the community?
There's a few in the area in which I live, yet I've never seen, nor heard talk about either group running riot through playgrounds, plucking children off the street or, horror of horrors, stalking the neighbourhood like some crazed Hollywood serial killer.
In fact, given some of the comments this story has generated, I'm wondering who needs to be protected from whom.Dellas Saturday 28 July, 2012 - 5:33 PM
I have expressed my concerns to the local business people of Kalumanda regarding one of there residents . I have told them that the minister for mental health has insulted the good people of Kenwick. All the good people of Kenwick will soon visit the good folk of Kalumunda to express our concern and recommend a prison for the insane be built in the middle of there good town.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 11:02 PM
I have already expressed my concerns to local people of kalamunda where the minister for mental health lives. I have told them that a member of there community has with total disregard offended the good people of Kenwick. I think all the people of Kenwick should visit her home . and express to her, do this in your your own home before inflicting on others . Kenwick is not the place for her human experiments . It's more like a scene from 1939.Robert Gay Friday 27 July, 2012 - 10:41 PM