- Commish backs crime contracts
- Day's dumb SW comment
- Aussie mozzie found overseas
- Search for William intensifies
- Raising drinking age saves lives
- Is this bad parenting?
- The breakdown and rebuild
- Norman joins DIY disaster group
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
- Dellas on Woof woof is this the end? I went to the greyhound races once in the seventies.After waiting an hour, a roar from the crowd alerted me that something ... more
- Peter on Is it time for full deregulation? PaulHas anyone mentioned surge pricing regards Uber. The net is fullof stories of prices being 2x or 3x the quote. The ... more
Magic Mike is based on the true life of star Channing Tatum before he was a big star, when he was a struggling stripper in LA.
But this isn’t the raunchy, smutty perve-fest it sounds like. It’s by heavyweight director Steven Soderbergh (the Oceans 11 films) and plays like a coming-of-age drama, with Tatum himself in the lead role as Magic Mike, the hot act of a collars & cuffs strip club run by Matthew McConnaughey.
Tatum takes a young newcomer under his wing (Alex Pettifer) and falls for his sister.
Not surprisingly, girls are flocking to this film in droves, with cinema owners reporting even higher sales for women’s groups than for Sex & the City. It’s easy to see why, and it’s a good thing it’s not in 3D or girl might be lunging at the screen to slip a dollar in a G-string!
While people were saying Magic Mike isn’t just a perv-fest for girls, and that there was enough drama for everyone. I disagree — it’s a total perv-fest for girls! It’s like going to a male strip club without having to actually go to a male strip club.
Tatum, McConaughey, Pettifer and others all show plenty of skin, pecs and abs and do a lot of gyrating and thrusting as they dance for money before squealing girls. That makes for some naughty fun, but there isn’t much story to make Magic Mike a stronger drama or even balance out all the strip shows.
I was even a bit bored at times, but most girls will enjoy Magic Mike for obvious reasons. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
Score: 6 / 10