- Caustic soda confused for salt
- Ford to shut shop by 2016
- Soldier murdered in London
- Freo's Purple Fits Pearce Well
- Mark Neeld Going Nowhere
- No Newstart increase
- The Great Baz Lurhmann
- Being sad is OK
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Phil on Soldier murdered in London I find it offensive that 6PR chose to play the recording of the terrorist during the news on the radio! You have ... more
- troy on Graham Mabury's top award Grahem congratulations on your award my good man you deserve it.regards Troy more
- Dellas on Being sad is OK You really know what?I am sick to death of Lifeline, Beyond Blue, Headspace and all those helplines which are funded only to ... more
- bazza on Hey Prime Minister, take a stand! Fitssimons is full of crap. 98% are for getting rid of it where is that poll? most likley in his head.he needs to loosen ... more
- Clare on Farmers to fight wind farm Wonder where was the report from the "other side"? more
- Lynne Foreman on We'll sign NDIS on our terms I am a disabled adult I am so excited that DisabilityCare Australia (NDIS) is on its way it means I now can choice to move ... more
- Matt on Would you vote for this guy? Clive will have my backing, he is a breath of fresh air, not beholden to financial powers that milk the public every which ... more
- Alec Strachan on Graham Mabury's top award A worthy recipient indeed.. Well done Graham, your blood is worth bottling.. Al more
- Mick on Your suburb, your voice Colin Barnett, cut every thing to the bone for the average and needy. But large increases for your cronies and the wealthy. ... more
- Dellas on Government staff pay rises Never thought Dixie Marshall would/could be bought to become nothing more than a cash cow.I thought a lot of her as a woman ... more
- wayne bishop on Butt out yeah right increase the prices more to pay the govt. debt so the govt. can waste and blow away more money and the govt. ... more
- Kevin Boyle on Would you vote for this guy? Go Clive, you got my vote, its about time that someone stands and says it for what it is !!!!we work to hard to be treated ... more
- Mei-Lee Morris on Asbestos awareness walk Hey Guys!! Well done!! Keep up the good work!!! Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!!! more
- Johnny on Foreign aid delay If bob carr stopped wasting millions on traveling around the world they might be able to pay the foreign aid !! Do they ... more
- Dellas on We'll sign NDIS on our terms Western Australia. The richest, yet most draconian State in the country.Colin Barnett, Helen Morton and Troy, ... more
- sherley dionne on Engelbert Humperdinck engelbert,you are (TU EST D,UN AUTRE MONDE)GENTLEMEN,CHARISME EXTRAORDINAIRE,GREAT TALENT,BEAUTÃ? DIVINE ,LOVE YOUR ... more
- Kylie Welsh on We'll sign NDIS on our terms NDIS - I am a mother of an 8 yr old boy who was born with Spastic Quadraplegia Cerebral Palsy. He is non verbal, fed through ... more
- steve thornton on We'll sign NDIS on our terms In Victoria the state government signed up and then raised my disabled sons rent by 27% the next day. more
- Dellas on Horse racing has a problem When one looks at it in a cold logical light, horses really have no place in the modern world, do they?Except for greedy, ... more
- Johnny on Power price rise 'dishonest' Just one question where is all the money from the mining boom ??? more
Magic Mike is based on the true life of star Channing Tatum before he was a big star, when he was a struggling stripper in LA.
But this isn’t the raunchy, smutty perve-fest it sounds like. It’s by heavyweight director Steven Soderbergh (the Oceans 11 films) and plays like a coming-of-age drama, with Tatum himself in the lead role as Magic Mike, the hot act of a collars & cuffs strip club run by Matthew McConnaughey.
Tatum takes a young newcomer under his wing (Alex Pettifer) and falls for his sister.
Not surprisingly, girls are flocking to this film in droves, with cinema owners reporting even higher sales for women’s groups than for Sex & the City. It’s easy to see why, and it’s a good thing it’s not in 3D or girl might be lunging at the screen to slip a dollar in a G-string!
While people were saying Magic Mike isn’t just a perv-fest for girls, and that there was enough drama for everyone. I disagree — it’s a total perv-fest for girls! It’s like going to a male strip club without having to actually go to a male strip club.
Tatum, McConaughey, Pettifer and others all show plenty of skin, pecs and abs and do a lot of gyrating and thrusting as they dance for money before squealing girls. That makes for some naughty fun, but there isn’t much story to make Magic Mike a stronger drama or even balance out all the strip shows.
I was even a bit bored at times, but most girls will enjoy Magic Mike for obvious reasons. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
Score: 6 / 10