- Is this Perth's biggest lemon?
- I'll take it day by day
- Police monitor WA radicals
- Wealthy push welfare shake-up
- AFL needs a sin bin
- Pearson spat splits team
- Councils rate rise fury
- I just called him a 'coward'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Marney on Councils rate rise fury Hey nice one Peter about your comment on the rates prizes at Stirling City Council.... you say you would have preferred the ... more
- eve fisher on That's one tough koala Loved the story about the Koala Bear, I could not stop laughing, not apologising, because we NEED more FUNNY STORIES and we ... more
- Ronda on Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead Go Lisa. A past student of mine. more
- talie on Sue's Tour Highlights To Gary - the long canal and fountains are Peterhof outside of St Petersburg. Summer holiday palace. Even on a grey day it ... more
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
Magic Mike is based on the true life of star Channing Tatum before he was a big star, when he was a struggling stripper in LA.
But this isn’t the raunchy, smutty perve-fest it sounds like. It’s by heavyweight director Steven Soderbergh (the Oceans 11 films) and plays like a coming-of-age drama, with Tatum himself in the lead role as Magic Mike, the hot act of a collars & cuffs strip club run by Matthew McConnaughey.
Tatum takes a young newcomer under his wing (Alex Pettifer) and falls for his sister.
Not surprisingly, girls are flocking to this film in droves, with cinema owners reporting even higher sales for women’s groups than for Sex & the City. It’s easy to see why, and it’s a good thing it’s not in 3D or girl might be lunging at the screen to slip a dollar in a G-string!
While people were saying Magic Mike isn’t just a perv-fest for girls, and that there was enough drama for everyone. I disagree — it’s a total perv-fest for girls! It’s like going to a male strip club without having to actually go to a male strip club.
Tatum, McConaughey, Pettifer and others all show plenty of skin, pecs and abs and do a lot of gyrating and thrusting as they dance for money before squealing girls. That makes for some naughty fun, but there isn’t much story to make Magic Mike a stronger drama or even balance out all the strip shows.
I was even a bit bored at times, but most girls will enjoy Magic Mike for obvious reasons. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
Score: 6 / 10