- Cyclist casualties mounting
- Eagles careers under threat
- Work for the dole plan
- John Paul Young crashes Karaoke
- Escapee adds Acacia to record
- Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead
- Battlestar Galactic's Jamie Bamber
- WA director hits it big
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew Luobikis on WA director hits it big He may live in Palmyra but, he is originally from Girrawheen. more
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
Juveniles sent to Hakea
After an overnight riot at Banksia Hill Detention Centre, more than seventy juvenile prisoners being transported to Hakea prison. Paul Murray spoke to Toni Walkington from the Community and Public Sector Union Secretary, Fran Logan, the Opposition Corrective Services spokesman, Corrective Services Commissioner Ian Johnson and John Welch, the Prisoners Officers Union Secretary.
Well said Fran below, it's good to see some parents do try and bring their children up responsibly and teach them right from wrong. As for the ridiculous comments from Dellas, what are you on about? Fran hasn't said she is going to throw out her 4 year old because he has been naughty and none of the parents of the Banksia Hill Detention centre have either. This detention centre is for 10-17 year old offenders that have been arrested and are waiting for bail,or have been sentenced to detention, or are waiting for their court case and have been denied bail, or are waiting for sentencing after conviction. In a nutshell, they are criminals that have done anything from stealing cars, home invasions/burglaries, bashings and many other offences. These are not naughty little kids that have "been thrown out by their parents" as you have suggested. How about getting your facts straight before you type such silly comments.Shell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:40 PM
Actually, "Elnino", instead of mouthing off at me, perhaps you should have listened to the "report", which did state that contracted workers were used to transport the youths to Banksia.
At no point did I write that Banksia is privately owned.
And obviously, you did not correctly read my comment as you've mispelt my name.
And, for your ill-informed information and, for your private delectation, my husband has been a serving Prison officer for over 30 years: he has been spat, shat,vomited on and assaulted and I have been through it with him for 28years. Is that enough for you?
I've allowed my fingers to do the talking, you idiot, because he can't!Dellas Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
Dallas... Banksia Hill is not a privately operated facility... so how about you check your facts before running your fingers off posting inane and illinformed comments about something that you know nothing about!elnino Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:20 AM
Oh, Fran, do honestly think you're going to throw out your four year old, because he's frustrated or naughty?
Well, some people do, obviously.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 4:09 PM
Understaffed, under-supervised,underfunded; ill-equipped and ill facilitated by successive State governments who persist in contracting out to private security companies.
Mr Johnson, Prison Officers are not your "troops". The contracted staff may be.
And your little talkie talkie media staffer and yourself can just stop "talking the talk" and actually start walking.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:36 PM
I hope that the Youths involved in this distraction are taught a swift lesson in owning ones actions. The should be made to clean and repair damage. What an opportunity this is to learn skills and turn this into a positive outcome rather then spoon feed these youths who have probably never taking responsibility for their actions. If my four year old trashed his room or destroyed something. He would have to either clean or go with out whatever was destroyed.Fran Monday 21 January, 2013 - 12:08 PM