- Persistence paid off for Docker
- Pop-up rip-off
- "She has no idea"
- ASADA 1, Essendon nil
- Unionist facing bullying charges
- Not happy here? Then leave
- Terrorism raids spark protest
- Terror Australis. Our new world
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- tessata on Not happy here? Then leave BAN THE BURQA LIKE SOME COUNTRIES HAVE BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO OR WHAT IS UNDER THAT GARMENT AND IT HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ... more
- shailesh on Terror Australis. Our new world The most dangerous aspect of any terror outfit is there "sleeper cell". They remain part of society and get activated at the ... more
- Michael on Is this sticker offensive? Society in Perth metro area haved to wake up, that it has changed dramaticly in the last 10 years it has so many different ... more
- Anne Pratt on Is this sticker offensive? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have allowed people to do what they like when it comes to their opinions and ... more
- Neil on Your say: The AFL is sick Agree 100% Joe. Silly decision, Aussie rules is a great game but without a doubt has the silliest rules, inconsistent rules ... more
- Shailesh on Is this sticker offensive? yes, it is offensive and sad.I hope people will also one day notice stickers that says "love it or leave Australia". We need ... more
- Marty on Is this sticker offensive? Why protect this moron by hiding their number plate? By law, a person has no expectation of or right to privacy whilst in ... more
- Joe on Your say: The AFL is sick I dont like the alignment. It has given an unfair advantage to EP and PT in terms of coaches,resources and players. Butler ... more
- Dellas on Forrest review revealed Mr Forrest is correct.Regardless of Aboriginality, ethnicity, colour, class, breed or economic status, Government Programs ... more
- Mark Miolin on Time up for Hird, Buckley and Malthouse How can we even be talking about equalisation while there are 9 teams in melbourne - 1 per 520 000 vs 1 per 950 000 in Perth ... more
- Nat on Breast flash investigated I can't believe your even listening to Bart! I've seen the footage and you can't see any girl or her breasts or hear ... more
- Diddyspotter on Buswell quits Yes, certainly a wasted talent, however Troy clearly has alcoholic tendencies, so unless he admits this and addresses, he ... more
- NEIL on Moments from death IT IS SIMPLE I DRIVE THE ROADS ALL DAY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH VISUAL POLICE ON THE ROAD IN THE OLD DAYS EVERY 3RD CAR WAS THE ... more
- Annabelle on Breast flash investigated Aha, what a loser, looks like a thinly veiled attempt for some weirdo to share details with a girl he crept on at a crummy ... more
- Mark on Buswell brilliant at hiding his illness He should have stood down immediately after the crash.Because Barnett didn't fire him I will vote him out in disgust. more
- Laurie on Buswell quits What a tragic waste of talent. I feel total empathy for him. He, like all of us, had his flaws, and he has paid the price.I ... more
- Dellas on Banned from ANZAC parade Ask the Mounted Police to have a presence at your Anzac Parade, Albany.Not all horses, or courses, deal with crowds well.And ... more
- Brian Bell on Anger at Comeagain placement Surely by now these morons must realise there is NO WHERE safe to place this bloke except for behind bars. more
- Laurie on Banned from ANZAC parade Does that mean that WA Police should not use their horses to attend riots, parades or on patrol, because someone may slip on ... more
- Greig on Clive says Sorry Palmer got carried away and his comments where undiplomatic. But should we really Trust the Chinese as much as the ... more
Juveniles sent to Hakea
After an overnight riot at Banksia Hill Detention Centre, more than seventy juvenile prisoners being transported to Hakea prison. Paul Murray spoke to Toni Walkington from the Community and Public Sector Union Secretary, Fran Logan, the Opposition Corrective Services spokesman, Corrective Services Commissioner Ian Johnson and John Welch, the Prisoners Officers Union Secretary.
Well said Fran below, it's good to see some parents do try and bring their children up responsibly and teach them right from wrong. As for the ridiculous comments from Dellas, what are you on about? Fran hasn't said she is going to throw out her 4 year old because he has been naughty and none of the parents of the Banksia Hill Detention centre have either. This detention centre is for 10-17 year old offenders that have been arrested and are waiting for bail,or have been sentenced to detention, or are waiting for their court case and have been denied bail, or are waiting for sentencing after conviction. In a nutshell, they are criminals that have done anything from stealing cars, home invasions/burglaries, bashings and many other offences. These are not naughty little kids that have "been thrown out by their parents" as you have suggested. How about getting your facts straight before you type such silly comments.Shell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:40 PM
Actually, "Elnino", instead of mouthing off at me, perhaps you should have listened to the "report", which did state that contracted workers were used to transport the youths to Banksia.
At no point did I write that Banksia is privately owned.
And obviously, you did not correctly read my comment as you've mispelt my name.
And, for your ill-informed information and, for your private delectation, my husband has been a serving Prison officer for over 30 years: he has been spat, shat,vomited on and assaulted and I have been through it with him for 28years. Is that enough for you?
I've allowed my fingers to do the talking, you idiot, because he can't!Dellas Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
Dallas... Banksia Hill is not a privately operated facility... so how about you check your facts before running your fingers off posting inane and illinformed comments about something that you know nothing about!elnino Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:20 AM
Oh, Fran, do honestly think you're going to throw out your four year old, because he's frustrated or naughty?
Well, some people do, obviously.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 4:09 PM
Understaffed, under-supervised,underfunded; ill-equipped and ill facilitated by successive State governments who persist in contracting out to private security companies.
Mr Johnson, Prison Officers are not your "troops". The contracted staff may be.
And your little talkie talkie media staffer and yourself can just stop "talking the talk" and actually start walking.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:36 PM
I hope that the Youths involved in this distraction are taught a swift lesson in owning ones actions. The should be made to clean and repair damage. What an opportunity this is to learn skills and turn this into a positive outcome rather then spoon feed these youths who have probably never taking responsibility for their actions. If my four year old trashed his room or destroyed something. He would have to either clean or go with out whatever was destroyed.Fran Monday 21 January, 2013 - 12:08 PM