- PHOTOS: Shark buzzes surfer
- AFL's ANZAC commitment slammed
- VW campaign tackles inattention
- When loyalty will cost you $82k
- Data retention plan 2.0
- Groomed to hate Australia
- AFL Fixtures for 2015
- Hunt being hunted
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia Noticed Saturdays West and Sunday Times had no letters about the Muslim rampages in Canada and New York or the nasty ginger ... more
- anne on Groomed to hate Australia with christmas coming on lets not pretend our school teachers are not grooming our children -- carols bad, hurt Muslims -- ... more
- Jennifer on Paul Murray Retires Sorry to hear you are retiring Paul. You would have to be the best political presenter in the country. No one comes close to ... more
- Dellas on Groomed to hate Australia They sound like a mob of blokes and their "young boys" singing "la vida loca"before a footie match. more
- Alec Strachan on Groomed to hate Australia Why have the faces been blocked out ?. Surely we need to see the faces of these trainee terrorists so we can kick their butt ... more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad Were do people go when they get old and no amount of creams, botox, fillers, physical enhancers, "regimens" and medication ... more
- Perthguy on Social media slams sexist ad These are professional models that are being paid. It is a career choice and those that complain either are jealous or ... more
- Lisa on Paul Murray Retires Missed Howard after he left and will miss your informative and balanced reports. Only issue I felt was very biased was your ... more
- Jester4212 on Social media slams sexist ad Men are treated as sex objects just as much as women. It's just the female industry for it is much much larger. The ... more
- Wayne on Paul Murray Retires Our loss...but enjoy the next step. I envy you,I kno you have already seen much but we all know there is plenty more to see. ... more
- Mark on Sanderson opens up after sacking I thought he was dumped prematurely by a board who seemed to be concerned that they should look like there doing ... more
- Andrew on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing @ Carol... typical pigheaded attitude. I say this as a white Australian - born here - that they have as much right as any ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Anne, it wouldn't bother me one bit. You are living in a dream if you think people are not judged by the way they look ... more
- Anne on Social media slams sexist ad steve I dont think you want to be defined by the size of your package or lack thereof. more
- steve on A waste of open space What a great idea. Replace green, leafy, oxygen giving, animal habitats with buildings. We need more of this sort of ... more
- steve on Social media slams sexist ad Wow, what a crime! Meanwhile 100's flock to the Firemans Calendar event. I didn't hear a single guy complain. more
- Dellas on Social media slams sexist ad This whole "sexist" thing is ridiculous.Women objectify themselves, compare themselves with each other, judge each other on ... more
- Elaine on Paul Murray Retires Good luck with the rest of your life and enjoy your retirement you well deserve it. I, like the previous comments do hope ... more
- Garry Tomlinson on Muslims: Barnett's gone missing Maybe Colin is hiding with all the so called Moderate Muslims and are arranging some protests about ISIS giving Islam a bad ... more
- Ruther on A waste of open space I live in East Wanneroo where there is a majority of land owners waiting for rezoning from rural to urban but is held to ... more
Juveniles sent to Hakea
After an overnight riot at Banksia Hill Detention Centre, more than seventy juvenile prisoners being transported to Hakea prison. Paul Murray spoke to Toni Walkington from the Community and Public Sector Union Secretary, Fran Logan, the Opposition Corrective Services spokesman, Corrective Services Commissioner Ian Johnson and John Welch, the Prisoners Officers Union Secretary.
Well said Fran below, it's good to see some parents do try and bring their children up responsibly and teach them right from wrong. As for the ridiculous comments from Dellas, what are you on about? Fran hasn't said she is going to throw out her 4 year old because he has been naughty and none of the parents of the Banksia Hill Detention centre have either. This detention centre is for 10-17 year old offenders that have been arrested and are waiting for bail,or have been sentenced to detention, or are waiting for their court case and have been denied bail, or are waiting for sentencing after conviction. In a nutshell, they are criminals that have done anything from stealing cars, home invasions/burglaries, bashings and many other offences. These are not naughty little kids that have "been thrown out by their parents" as you have suggested. How about getting your facts straight before you type such silly comments.Shell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:40 PM
Actually, "Elnino", instead of mouthing off at me, perhaps you should have listened to the "report", which did state that contracted workers were used to transport the youths to Banksia.
At no point did I write that Banksia is privately owned.
And obviously, you did not correctly read my comment as you've mispelt my name.
And, for your ill-informed information and, for your private delectation, my husband has been a serving Prison officer for over 30 years: he has been spat, shat,vomited on and assaulted and I have been through it with him for 28years. Is that enough for you?
I've allowed my fingers to do the talking, you idiot, because he can't!Dellas Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
Dallas... Banksia Hill is not a privately operated facility... so how about you check your facts before running your fingers off posting inane and illinformed comments about something that you know nothing about!elnino Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:20 AM
Oh, Fran, do honestly think you're going to throw out your four year old, because he's frustrated or naughty?
Well, some people do, obviously.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 4:09 PM
Understaffed, under-supervised,underfunded; ill-equipped and ill facilitated by successive State governments who persist in contracting out to private security companies.
Mr Johnson, Prison Officers are not your "troops". The contracted staff may be.
And your little talkie talkie media staffer and yourself can just stop "talking the talk" and actually start walking.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:36 PM
I hope that the Youths involved in this distraction are taught a swift lesson in owning ones actions. The should be made to clean and repair damage. What an opportunity this is to learn skills and turn this into a positive outcome rather then spoon feed these youths who have probably never taking responsibility for their actions. If my four year old trashed his room or destroyed something. He would have to either clean or go with out whatever was destroyed.Fran Monday 21 January, 2013 - 12:08 PM