- Not so Glorious walk off
- Mother's plea over cannabis
- Harvey targets suburban hoons
- "You can't change Jaqui Lambie"
- I wish he would just pay up
- "Are you well hung?"
- Am I cautious or obsessive?
- Children victims in adult conflict
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Dellas on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Can all you salivating "journalists" and "news people" please stop this opportunist "news fest", shut up and stop banging on ... more
- Faye Rowe on Premier: 28 Australian lives lost Dear PaulMy husband and I are in Nice at present when we heard about the plane being shot down. We just couldn't believe it ... more
- Wayde on Buswell claim lacking facts What would have happened if Troy was a well know criminal figure - The Police would have called in TRG and stormed his house ... more
- Lee on Thorpe's admission ignites debate The first statement people make in regards to Ian Thorpeâ??s sexuality is â??who caresâ?? If nobody cares why are millions ... more
- Ben on 'Fan First' Stadium Fan first for AFL, for rectangular sports no. No retractable seats, just stupid bump seats which really serve no purpose ... more
- Danny on 'Fan First' Stadium You mentioned at length the number of various toilets, but nothing about disabled Facilites. Very inportant to us!!! more
- Laurie on Buswell claim lacking facts The whole of the Buswell affair, plus the lies and deceit of the Liberal/NP Government, has ensured their defeat at the next ... more
- david hanks on WA the grumpy state i think it should be BARNEY RUBBLE.Only Barney has more brains than that idiot in charge of our state.RF9 more
- Dellas on Sheep shearing Terror Fair Dinkum, I always thought that shearing was a skill, a craft, a art, a profession and that shearer's were the epitome of ... more
- tessata on Thorpe's admission ignites debate Ian Thorpe is a wonderful athlete and has a kind and loving personality I'm sure.But lets be honest its the Media that have ... more
- Karen on Mum's disgust at S**t van Why don't these numbskulls think of a slogan for impotency, they obviously know about it first hand. more
- Jean Jockey on Mum's disgust at S**t van WE saw a Wicked Camper at Broome, it had "If an animal bled for 3 days once a month you would shoot it!" painted on the ... more
- Chris on Naughty corner is naughty What a load of C**PIt is as plain as the nose on your face that children have become more and more obnoxious, rebellious and ... more
- Michelle on Sheep shearing Terror Are you kidding me!!!! No more meat ,no more wool....I hate seeing this, in our own country makes me even sicker. more
- Kevin Briant on Sheep shearing Terror Sure some action by some shearers in your forage was very wrong,but be looking at the film several times I am of the opinion ... more
- Shane on Harsher Penalties for Drivers Wednesday night, I was awoken by the familiar sound of hooning followed by the sound of a crash. Then another familiarity a ... more
- Joylene Dodman on Naughty corner is naughty In a school removing a child temporarily is necessary to allow the child to calm down. Naughty corners went out in the 80s. ... more
- tessata on Court stalls turn-back policy would the media and some sections of the govt. prefer to go back to seeing the boats coming in every day. The churches say ... more
Juveniles sent to Hakea
After an overnight riot at Banksia Hill Detention Centre, more than seventy juvenile prisoners being transported to Hakea prison. Paul Murray spoke to Toni Walkington from the Community and Public Sector Union Secretary, Fran Logan, the Opposition Corrective Services spokesman, Corrective Services Commissioner Ian Johnson and John Welch, the Prisoners Officers Union Secretary.
Well said Fran below, it's good to see some parents do try and bring their children up responsibly and teach them right from wrong. As for the ridiculous comments from Dellas, what are you on about? Fran hasn't said she is going to throw out her 4 year old because he has been naughty and none of the parents of the Banksia Hill Detention centre have either. This detention centre is for 10-17 year old offenders that have been arrested and are waiting for bail,or have been sentenced to detention, or are waiting for their court case and have been denied bail, or are waiting for sentencing after conviction. In a nutshell, they are criminals that have done anything from stealing cars, home invasions/burglaries, bashings and many other offences. These are not naughty little kids that have "been thrown out by their parents" as you have suggested. How about getting your facts straight before you type such silly comments.Shell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:40 PM
Actually, "Elnino", instead of mouthing off at me, perhaps you should have listened to the "report", which did state that contracted workers were used to transport the youths to Banksia.
At no point did I write that Banksia is privately owned.
And obviously, you did not correctly read my comment as you've mispelt my name.
And, for your ill-informed information and, for your private delectation, my husband has been a serving Prison officer for over 30 years: he has been spat, shat,vomited on and assaulted and I have been through it with him for 28years. Is that enough for you?
I've allowed my fingers to do the talking, you idiot, because he can't!Dellas Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
Dallas... Banksia Hill is not a privately operated facility... so how about you check your facts before running your fingers off posting inane and illinformed comments about something that you know nothing about!elnino Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:20 AM
Oh, Fran, do honestly think you're going to throw out your four year old, because he's frustrated or naughty?
Well, some people do, obviously.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 4:09 PM
Understaffed, under-supervised,underfunded; ill-equipped and ill facilitated by successive State governments who persist in contracting out to private security companies.
Mr Johnson, Prison Officers are not your "troops". The contracted staff may be.
And your little talkie talkie media staffer and yourself can just stop "talking the talk" and actually start walking.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:36 PM
I hope that the Youths involved in this distraction are taught a swift lesson in owning ones actions. The should be made to clean and repair damage. What an opportunity this is to learn skills and turn this into a positive outcome rather then spoon feed these youths who have probably never taking responsibility for their actions. If my four year old trashed his room or destroyed something. He would have to either clean or go with out whatever was destroyed.Fran Monday 21 January, 2013 - 12:08 PM