- The Life of Nelson Mandela
- Banking On Our Art
- Booragoon Vitality
- DivaLicious for Christmas
- Striking a Chord in Kwinana
- Having trouble streaming 6PR?
- New app helps direct help
- Prison manager hoarding drugs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Trish McKenzie on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I agree with all comments above,apart from Paul Murray and Millsy/Kent's programme. I don't listen to others. Millsy and ... more
- Rondele Mckennery on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I am the same a Shelley. Whats going to happen to Kent. He makes our mornings so much brighter. Very sad listner. more
- Jason Sharrett on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 I too will be disappointed if Kent is sent to the background. I have long thought that he and Andrea burns would make a ... more
- Jill on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Just heard Basil is joining Steve in the mornings so we guess Kent is leaving? He makes me laugh every single day with his ... more
- ray on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Kent Roberts is more entertaining than Basil,he comes over as very natural and fast witted.Basil and Millsy will be a clone ... more
- Gavin Bazukiewicz on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 Yep if kents gone im gone what a shocking decision basils about as funny as a wet fart. more
- Shelley Jones on Basil joins Breakfast in 2014 omg what about Kent, he is so funny. I cant believe that team will be split up they bounce off each other so well. What a ... more
- Dellas on Cuts impact disabled students I'm confused. Now the Barnett Government has signed up forGonski after the Federal Government's backflip, he does this?The ... more
- Hardman on Violence on the streets This has been happening on Perth Streets for years.BUTUnless the Victim or Perp is High Profile or the injuries are Fatal or ... more
- Andrew on Demetriou denies Hird deal Demetriou was an ordinary player and he continues in that vain as head of the AFL he has done more to harm the game than ... more
- Andrew on Cuts impact disabled students This is a disgrace and the culprit is Colin Barnett who has shown he sees no value in supporting education or those who work ... more
- David on Department abandoned me OMG Linda your plight is the same as mine . I too worked for DCS and as you spoke it was like I was in your shoes. I too ... more
- Andrew on Violence on the streets The sooner these gutless wonders are caught the better and lets start getting tough on these cowardly thugs. No more slap ... more
- Chris on Morrison slams Labor This mob of hypocrites damning Labor for doing what they did for the last 3 years but somehow it's not right when it's done ... more
- Dellas on Photo ban at kids sport Actually, Andrew, we are not in decline."Rock-spiders" have always existed.I am sorry that you live in a world of total ... more
- cath on Department abandoned me The Department and Risk Cover is a big Joke..Prev Head of Correctional Services walks away with a big fat payout, I'm one ... more
- Dellas on Bathtub protest halts logging A Bathtub on tree with a man in it!Please give me more of these so-called random acts of anarchy.When a tree falls in the ... more
- foo1 on Department abandoned me I was absolutely shocked to hear about the ordeal that this poor woman has suffered at the hands of a few heartless ... more
- Dellas on We've struggled in WA Why did it cost my sister an acceptable $107.00 to send a box containing all of the boxed Limited Edition Gumnut Babies ... more
- Andrew on We've struggled in WA Don't they know it's the festive season? They've only had 11 months to prepare for hiring extra staff. more
Juveniles sent to Hakea
After an overnight riot at Banksia Hill Detention Centre, more than seventy juvenile prisoners being transported to Hakea prison. Paul Murray spoke to Toni Walkington from the Community and Public Sector Union Secretary, Fran Logan, the Opposition Corrective Services spokesman, Corrective Services Commissioner Ian Johnson and John Welch, the Prisoners Officers Union Secretary.
Well said Fran below, it's good to see some parents do try and bring their children up responsibly and teach them right from wrong. As for the ridiculous comments from Dellas, what are you on about? Fran hasn't said she is going to throw out her 4 year old because he has been naughty and none of the parents of the Banksia Hill Detention centre have either. This detention centre is for 10-17 year old offenders that have been arrested and are waiting for bail,or have been sentenced to detention, or are waiting for their court case and have been denied bail, or are waiting for sentencing after conviction. In a nutshell, they are criminals that have done anything from stealing cars, home invasions/burglaries, bashings and many other offences. These are not naughty little kids that have "been thrown out by their parents" as you have suggested. How about getting your facts straight before you type such silly comments.Shell Monday 28 January, 2013 - 2:40 PM
Actually, "Elnino", instead of mouthing off at me, perhaps you should have listened to the "report", which did state that contracted workers were used to transport the youths to Banksia.
At no point did I write that Banksia is privately owned.
And obviously, you did not correctly read my comment as you've mispelt my name.
And, for your ill-informed information and, for your private delectation, my husband has been a serving Prison officer for over 30 years: he has been spat, shat,vomited on and assaulted and I have been through it with him for 28years. Is that enough for you?
I've allowed my fingers to do the talking, you idiot, because he can't!Dellas Saturday 26 January, 2013 - 6:29 PM
Dallas... Banksia Hill is not a privately operated facility... so how about you check your facts before running your fingers off posting inane and illinformed comments about something that you know nothing about!elnino Thursday 24 January, 2013 - 9:20 AM
Oh, Fran, do honestly think you're going to throw out your four year old, because he's frustrated or naughty?
Well, some people do, obviously.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 4:09 PM
Understaffed, under-supervised,underfunded; ill-equipped and ill facilitated by successive State governments who persist in contracting out to private security companies.
Mr Johnson, Prison Officers are not your "troops". The contracted staff may be.
And your little talkie talkie media staffer and yourself can just stop "talking the talk" and actually start walking.Dellas Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:36 PM
I hope that the Youths involved in this distraction are taught a swift lesson in owning ones actions. The should be made to clean and repair damage. What an opportunity this is to learn skills and turn this into a positive outcome rather then spoon feed these youths who have probably never taking responsibility for their actions. If my four year old trashed his room or destroyed something. He would have to either clean or go with out whatever was destroyed.Fran Monday 21 January, 2013 - 12:08 PM