- Brad Scott wants to settle the score
- Yarran and Malthouse make up
- ANZAC DAY 2014
- More mystery in MH370 search
- Get your hand off it!
- Buddy bags 4 in car crash.
- Fighting phone use in cars
- F-35's to cost $12b
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dellas on Get your hand off it! Does this double entendre apply to girls and women too?As for "hands-free" devices: isn't yakking into the ether while ... more
- Natasha on Buddy bags 4 in car crash. Bull Tish artist of the century right there. Just an accident, these things happen? Yes they most certainly do Buddy but ... more
- Adrian on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? I am beyond belief that this debate even exists. The Department of Defence probably decided to buy these flags overseas ... more
- Andrew on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? Ironically the day that this subject was brought up, my wife and I just received an Australian flag and flag pole to put up ... more
- Rhonda on Bulk bill co payment likely Australians already pay 17.5% of all health costs. Overall our health costs as a percentage of our economy are sitting at a ... more
- Dellas on Bulk bill co payment likely Why can't we just give the $6.00 directly to the GP and forget the Bulk Billing? Let's face it, for the 2 or 3 minutes it ... more
- Wayde on Seriously? Our flag's made overseas? The Department Of Defence needs to realise that it is not their money they are sending overseas, it's my money and everyones ... more
- Diana on AHA want penalty rate changes Its a disgrace to bring up US wages in catering in comparison. $6.50/hr plus tips might go to $9? Very slick interview. Look ... more
- Dellas on Pratt concedes defeat Actually, I was going to go below the line to vote for Louise, but after looking at that ridiculous Ballot paper, I chose ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Pratt concedes defeat Time for Palmer United Party to takeover Labor completely and have all unions working for him and all all States including ... more
- Stuart Hardie on One text ended three young lives I think that texting while driving is insane when people can get killed I think that having a road safety campaign is a good ... more
- Andrew on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Paul, did you actually see what Sylia did. Regardless if he gave him concussion or not, he intentionally hit him in the ... more
- Paul on Sylvia in 'Kangaroo Court' Take your eagles jacket off Karl! more
- Jay on Where for art thou CCC? Unless it has the name Burke somewhere in the investigation then they are not interested, right? more
- Geoff Kay on Drop Nic Naitanui now Barb,You do not know what you are talking about, Brad Hardie deserved his Brownlow what have you won?Lt maybe Natanui needs ... more
- Dean Ercegovic on Drop Nic Naitanui now How does he compare to the great Stephen Michael. They were basically same size and physical attributes, yet at the same age ... more
- Barb on Drop Nic Naitanui now Brad Hardie has never had anything positive to say about the Eagles. His opinion counts for nothing. The most over rated ... more
- john on Joe Hockey's pension problems Joe Hockey wants everybody to tighten there belts to bring the budget down , well what about the Politian's tightening there ... more
- Liza on Drop Nic Naitanui now Leave Nic alone - people should look at their own form either in the work force or in their chosen sport - if they are at ... more
- Rob on Drop Nic Naitanui now Could not agree more Nic is a liability in his current form, and I reckon his confidence is shot, let him give the WAFL a ... more
Is anyone listening to the PM?
Last night's people's forum in Perth with Prime Minister Julia Gillard was meant to be a free flowing exchange of ideas but seems to have become a hard sell of the new carbon tax. Paul Murray spoke to the Prime Minister about the message she is pushing and questioned its effectiveness.
Oh goody, can't wait for us having to export billions of dollars to Carbon Traders for absolutely nothing in return. Carbon Tax, it should be called a Madness Tax! Tony Abbott's policy is to spend $10 billion and no more, here in Australia to improve OUR lives not some faceless vested interests or UN fat cats.Susan Wednesday 18 July, 2012 - 11:28 AM
Thank you, Mr. Murray, brilliant interview.
Should be more of it from our journalists.jessie Wednesday 18 July, 2012 - 10:15 AM
If bill shorten wasn't related to the govener general she would be gone by now how much longer do we have to put up with her lies if I told lies like that I would be prosecuted .John Tuesday 17 July, 2012 - 8:25 PM
I am flabbergasted by the responses to Paul Murray's questions by our Prime Minister. So, when the Carbon Price goes up to $25.40 in 2014-15, the compensation payments go up. However, when the ETS comes in and the price goes down to $15.00 what is the amount of compensation or bribes to us the taxpayers? What a disgrace, what a sham.Ann Tuesday 17 July, 2012 - 7:23 PM
She knows the science behind this is looney tuney quackery, modelled using select inputs to get a desired result. Yet she needs the Greens to govern, so she will go along with it. Which means, now having set the wheels in motion, she also needs to keep the vested interests who will make billions from the new carbon industry onside, for the future good of the party.its all about money Tuesday 17 July, 2012 - 7:15 PM
"There will be no Carbon Tax under the government I lead!" - Julia Gillard
Pfffft yeah right calling it a carbon pricing scheme doesn't make it any different. An egg is still an egg even if you call it a feather. She really doesn't like being pushed to answer a question and really likes to try and confuse everyone into believing that this TAX will reduce pollution and that this TAX is needed! Pathetic!! I can't wait to vote this joke of a government out. I feel so embarrassed to be an Australian at this point in time with this stupid government in power.Tristan Tuesday 17 July, 2012 - 3:58 PM