- Eagles careers under threat
- Work for the dole plan
- John Paul Young crashes Karaoke
- Escapee adds Acacia to record
- Mighty Meares vs Average Adshead
- Battlestar Galactic's Jamie Bamber
- WA director hits it big
- Sue's Tour Highlights
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris on Have your say on euthanasia It is my belief that every human being who is of sound mind has the right to decide to take their life to maintain their ... more
- Dellas on WA director hits it big I can't think of any worse place to be sad and die than Perth between 2008 and now. more
- Owen Cook on Leaf our ficus alone It's a sure sign of injustice if Gary Adstead focuses on this issue . The trees have been there long before this newly ... more
- gay on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi Sue love your programme, should be longer. Any chance of identifying the location of the photos? more
- Deanne on Sue's Tour Highlights Hi sue love listening to u. the photos are beautiful! My favourite is the water lillies .i would just like to tell u that i ... more
- Bill Thorne on Perth needs to grow up Re Perth needs to grow up.To see how well Canada is doing with traffic congestion, just check out Toronto which is having ... more
- Evee on Have your say on euthanasia I think suicide is not euthanasia and euthanasia is not suicide. Each is done in circumstances that are vastly different. ... more
- Alec Strachan on Have your say on euthanasia Its about time voluntary euthanasia was allowed in Australia in circumstances where there is definitely no hope for the ... more
- eva fisher on Nitschke will fight suspension I think Dr Nitschke has gone too far with his euthanasia kit, he needs therapy, he has lost the plot and is obsessed with ... more
- Jane on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus I oppose the removal of the ficus trees as they are a habitat to wildlife, provide a natural canopy and were planted to ... more
- Julie on S.O.F. Save Our Ficus SAVE THOSE TREES.Trees create oxygen people.They cool the envirmoment.They are homes to many wildlife species.These specific ... more
- John & Betty Blaasch on Has Nitschke Crossed the Line? We heartily agree with Dr Nitschke comments. I have nursed patients with terminal illness and have decided that I would ... more
- David A on Synergy board members walk This is obviously poorly handled by Nahan's office, he should be sacking some people starting with his chief of staff or ... more
- Alan on 'a hell beyond hell' A statement of bravery and courage and summed up with the comment "pain is not a story".Our families thoughts are with you. more
- Laurie on I wish he would just pay up The Premier should get off his backside and make inquiries as to why there was a gag placed on the young lady going to the ... more
- Laurie on Synergy board members walk Despite what NAHAN has said, the loss of 4 members of the Board does show a certain lack of confidence in his leadership. ... more
- Tracey on "Are you well hung?" Jackie Lambie - I thought it was funny and I'm over 50 and female!! more
- Diana on Synergy board members walk Synergy Board members are very savvy people; their resignations are a HUGE vote of No Confidence in Mike Nahan. Replace him ... more
- Hereinmyhead on Too Many Silly Rules? Wow, a voice of reason! Tracey Brown speaks the truth. There is too much knee-jerk passing of laws and regulations in this ... more
- Hereinmyhead on "I found bags belonging to Australians" Great comment Dellas, it's all too much! more
How can you not love this?
A record number of British immigrants have decided enough is enough and are leaving Australia to head back to mother England. Tony McManus spoke to Peter Fitzsimons from Channel 7's Sunday program about his story on "Ping-Pong Poms."
Maybe a holiday would be a good idea first rather than selling up, packing up and coming over to live. Many come with an idea of what Australia is like and get a shock. Come over and research first. Take a drive through the suburbs you might be interested in living in, swim in the ocean, check out the schools. Go to the supermarket, buy some of the food and cook it rather than eating in restaurants and get a feel for the real side of things.This must be an expensive exercise, coming here, going back and then coming over again. Maybe some have more money than sense. Stop whinging about Australia and as the saying goes "If you don't love it, leave!".Chick of Perth Tuesday 17 July, 2012 - 7:23 AM
I did blog something about this approximately a week or two ago (in reference to something/one else,obviously in some position of "poower"...oooh, now I'm cowed-not.)
It wasn't posted of course, because I guess it was considered racist toward the British.
The point I obviously failed to make,is that most 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th generation and indigenous Australians no longer consider themselves to be colonials or "no people" who "cow-tow" to those who've been the cause of such historical and on-going catastrophe through their greed and arrogrance.
The British are basically "snatch and grabbers": cashing in their gains at the expense of others then running back to their old "bolt-holes."
Perhaps they thought we were Asian,Arab,Afghan,African free?
Well, we're not. And neither should we.Dellas Monday 16 July, 2012 - 7:20 PM
We don't really care why they're leaving, do we?James W Monday 16 July, 2012 - 1:47 PM